1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buy TRD?? ('11 Tacoma 4wd dbl cab)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by robbspratt, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    robbspratt

robbspratt [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rspratt@autotempinc.com
    rspratt@autotempinc.com
    Vehicle:
    rspratt@autotempinc.com
    I currently have a '98 tacoma sr5 4x2 2.4L 5-speed with over 200k miles on it and it will be headed to the car crusher here soon due to the rusty frame recall. It's sad b/c I have owned this truck since 70k and it has been an AMAZING truck. I may get some sh*t for this, but I have literally done NO PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE since I have owned it (except 5k mile oil changes) and it runs LIKE A CHAMP! I have only had to replace the brakes, tires, belts, battery, ball joints, and muffler. Original spark plugs, wires, clutch, tranny fluid, rear end fluid, even light bulbs in this truck!

Well afer much thought about how dependable and stress free my '98 Tacoma has been, I decided to check out the new Tacomas. Normally I would definitely buy used, but after a little research I am now thinking about buying new since these trucks hold their value so well, the financing on new is quite good (2.1% for 60 mths) compared to used, and I am having trouble finding a black 4wd dbl cab with 6' long bed AT or 5' bed MT.

Anyway, I will be looking for parts and advise here soon as I build a new daily commuter with off-road capability.

Good to be here. Thanks for the great forum!

Robb Spratt
    rspratt@autotempinc.com

Products Discussed in

To Top