1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buyer beware...dallas paint correction DPC shield/luxury microfiber.com

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by pudge151, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Aug 25, 2019 at 6:42 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    Its supposed to be the beat consumer coating yet for them. The 3.0 I mean, supposed to help out with determination of exact flash time, so it's a little more forgiving.

What do you use at work? I know a guy with cquartz finest going on 4 years, he maintains it very well but its still a long time to still be there. Any coatings you recommend?

ace96 likes this.
  2. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:07 PM
    Kabanstva

Kabanstva Well-Known Member

Member:
    We use:

CQ Pro ( Previously known as CQ Finest)
    CQ Reserve
    22PLE HPC
    22PLE VX Pro

I put HPC on my cars. Honestly by far my favorite coating to both use and incredible durability. I could have easily put the CQ coatings also at cost and free install since I do it myself, so that speaks volumes to how good the 22PLE is. It's not cheap though, much more expensive than CQ UK.

On most daily driven customer cars, we recommend the 22ple products. If it's some exotic car or a weekend garage queen, we usually do CQ.

pudge151[OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:53 PM
    pudge151

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    Thanks for the info. :)

4. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:37 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Agreed. I hadn’t seen a price until you mentioned it.

pudge151[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  5. Sep 3, 2019 at 7:55 PM
    pudge151

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    Apparently the DPC Facebook page is blowing up with reports of brand new bottles of shield arriving crystalized to consumers.
    The DPC fanboys are defending this ,saying its okay to have some crystals or solidified in THE BRAND NEW BOTTLES. Some say that it's cheap enough to accept crystals and other issues as long as you use it up really fast before it hardens completely.
    His supporters are blaming "weekend warrior " detailers for giving DPC a bad name, and that a real pro detailer would use it up fast enough to where the problems that come with storage are obsolete. I can't believe that people are defending scott and this product even after they have received and used an inferior product. If this stuff goes bad before it's even opened I can only imagine the shitty protection it will provide for your paint.
    We all work too hard for our money to spend it on junk like this. If my experience can help just a few of you stay away from DPC and save your hard earned money then I'll be happy.

ace96 and gorram like this.
  6. Sep 3, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    Kabanstva

Member:
    What a joke. Coatings should not crystallize unless you opened the bottle. Even then, it usually just crystallizes around the cap/bottle thread area if you close it and don’t wipe it off completely. The contents inside should still be liquid. Sounds like he needs to bottle his shit a little better and stop playing the blame game. Every product should have a shelf life to some degree. “Use it up right away” sounds like some bullshit excuse for poor packaging.

pudge151[OP] likes this.
  7. Sep 3, 2019 at 9:21 PM
    Kabanstva

Member:
    Next time just go with a name brand coating. A lot of these smaller companies just sell re-labeled garbage that they have no control over aside from scent and color. They’re not making this stuff, I can almost guarantee you. That guy is not a chemical engineer, just another “entrepreneur” trying to mke a quick buck off his YouTube fame. Im guessing they just get this stuff from some big suppliers, put their own label on it and make big claims how it’s better than anything else you can buy. I can’t speak too much on the topic for legal reasons but trust me there’s a whole lot of that going around the detailing industry. Go with a big brand, odds are they make their own stuff and will stand by it.

whatstcp and pudge151[OP] like this.
  8. Sep 4, 2019 at 6:51 AM
    elnip

elnip Well-Known Member

Member:
    LC,NM
    Vehicle:
    '98 Tacoma TRD S/C'd / /'16 T4R Trail
    Taco SC'd, fuel mods, Supra TT MAF, TRD Headers, Water Meth Injection, Tundra Brake upgrade Trail w/URD EL Headers. JFR EL Y-pipe, URD Hi Clearance cat back, KDMAX Tune, 4.56's
    Well that completely blows....I am not a fanboy of DPC but I did purchase the DPC Shield an had the exact results as advertised, zero problems. Customer service is paramount to me
    and if you can't stand by your product no matter the issue then you don't deserve the business. Must be a bad batch because I've had mine for 3 months and have no crystallization and the coating is fine on the vehicle.

9. Sep 4, 2019 at 11:26 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Love how this douche continues to bash other companies. What a POS.

pudge151[OP] likes this.
  10. Sep 4, 2019 at 11:36 AM
    TacomaSport86

TacomaSport86 2010 Tacoma/2016 4Runner Pro

Member:
    C Quartz 3.0 user here and very happy with the product.

pudge151[OP] likes this.
  11. Sep 4, 2019 at 12:13 PM
    Kabanstva

Member:
    Who? The Dallas guy selling this garbage coating? What did he say?

12. Sep 4, 2019 at 12:19 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    Scott @DPC. He constantly puts down other products/companies to prove how smart he is. :jerkoff:

13. Sep 4, 2019 at 1:40 PM
    S550ilver

S550ilver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bartlett, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    ICON Stage 5 Lift, 18x9 Fuel Shok, Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/65/18 tires
    Shine Supply is THE BEST stuff! I use them exclusively except for ceramic coatings. For that I use GTechniq. But I have heard from my friend who is a detailer and Shine Supply dealer that it's real good stuff. I have watched some of this Dallas Paint Correction guy's on The 'Tube....Not impressed with him or his stuff.

ace96 likes this.
  14. Sep 4, 2019 at 2:16 PM
    gorram

gorram Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    The worst thing about this thread is that the towels sucked. I can see if the coating hardening could be a fluke or even the fault of the OP (Scott still should have offered a refund/replacement). Some how the towels being shitty is far worse, if you're going to compete with The Rag Co or others than you need to have some amazing towels.

Just can't comprehend the fan bois though, can't even imagine the Ammo fans being that rabid. Even they admit that his products are priced a bit high.

lil_buddy, pudge151[OP] and ace96 like this.
  15. Sep 4, 2019 at 7:59 PM
    pudge151

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    Yeah they are terrible. I forgot which ones I got. I think these, https://luxurymicrofiberstore.com/products/copy-of-jack-16-by-16-pack-of-5-grey ,
    but not positive. I washed then with some other MF towels with Wolfgang MF detergent before using them and air dried. They are super soft but they shed like crazy and after 2 washes still had lint coming off. The fibers matted down terribly as soon as they get wet at all, so were terrible at removing product or drying. When I told DPC/luxury MF about the towel problem their reply was that they are "grabby" because I "didn't apply the ceramic coating correctly". I never said they were grabby, in fact they aren't grabby, but they put words in my mouth and blamed me for their towels shedding like a long haired cat

Screenshot_20190904-225402_Chrome.jpg

gorram[QUOTED] and Velequez like this.
  16. Sep 6, 2019 at 3:48 PM
    War Machine

War Machine Member

Member:

Nice info there sir, but my good pal on Tundras.com has a better thread. He’s a super cool guy, makes some awesome syrup, and looks really sexy in dad shorts.

If you google “DPC Shield”, my buddy’s thread on Tundras is the number 2 result, and this one is 5th. You Tacoma guys need to step it up.

In closing....

Black trucks are the fastest!!

17. Sep 7, 2019 at 10:51 AM
    pudge151

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    I have finally gotten somewhere via a PayPal dispute. My next step is to mail back the crappy towels and the bottle of shield with its magical crystals and all. The seller claims that once they receive their products back then they will refund my money. I am a bit leary that they will try to pull some crap saying that the bottle has been opened or some crap but we will see. This seems to be my only recourse at this time.
    Apparently there are dozens of complaints on his Facebook page, which I was banned from, regarding the shield crystallizing before even being opened for the first time. Unfortunately the DPC fanboys claim even though it crystallizes, its still a great product and an unbeatable price. These people seem brainwashed, right now at detailedimage.com you can get 50ml of cquartz uk 3.0 at the same price point at DPC shield, and we all know cquartz is a superior coating and has a shelf life of years , not days.

ace96 likes this.
  18. Sep 7, 2019 at 6:44 PM
    Kabanstva

Member:
    I hope you get your money back. Always buy from a reputable source and not based on the recommendation of "fanboys"... I think AMMO is one of the worst offenders out there. Built a trustworthy image and has alot of decent videos, but man, you couldn't pay me to use any of his products. Price aside, Wheel Gelee? Frothy? What in the actual FUCK was he thinking with those products? And when he said you can't get the brakes wet on a Porsche 918, that's when I completely lost any respect for him. He's just a sellout now pushing nothing but his own products. Good for him, but I don't know a single person that details for a living that touches anything AMMO.

Sorry to get off topic, just a little rant. I saw you mention fanboys and couldn't help but think of AMMO lol.

19. Sep 7, 2019 at 6:57 PM
    pudge151

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    There are few companies out there that rode the fanboy wave and ripped a lot of people off. Ammo, F11, DPC all have cult followings and terrible products with worse customer service.

uurx likes this.
  20. Sep 7, 2019 at 7:04 PM
    Kabanstva

Member:
    delete

Products Discussed in

To Top