1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buyer Beware: KTJO 4X4 Driver's Side Grab Handles w/ A Pillars, HUD, and Bowl Lights

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by tonered, Dec 13, 2019.

?

DAH Delivery Challenge

1. Ordered?

27.2%
  2. Received?

37.9%
  3. Have to bend upper clip to fit?

15.9%
  4. Missing Upper Cover?

6.0%
  5. Missing Lower Cover?

3.4%
  6. Incorrect Hardware?

13.4%
  7. Scratches / Damage?

9.9%
  8. Other (oh gawd)?

20.7%
  9. Magically Perfect!

25.4%
  10. Stuck in Shipping Label Created Purgatory?

3.9%
  11. OGs Still Waiting since Before the Ban?

7.3%
  12. Return Attempted?

1.7%
  13. Return Actually Happened?

3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 8, 2021 at 7:33 AM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    I have a friend with a 2006 Silverado 2500 and know some folks with Tahoes. I haven't noticed it too much.

But, I did have to remove the visor stickers in the Taco. They were always in my view and distracting.

2. Feb 8, 2021 at 7:33 AM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    :rofl::rofl:

3. Feb 9, 2021 at 7:03 PM
    OldRed

OldRed New Member

Member:
    4Runner guy here, so I hope you Tacoma guys don't mind if I chime in for a brief second. I am a recent transplant from the other 4Runner site (T4R.org) onto 4Runners.com. Really like the new site so far and the community! Much better all around.

@tonered, Looks like I am a bit behind the conversation, but I just gave the last 20 or so pages a quick read.

Honestly I'm not surprised in what I read, but am sorry to see that people over here are having these issues.

Almost two years ago I warned and tried to inform members on the t4r.org 4Runner site about this individual, and called out the lack of testing, quality control, and markups on "OEM" alibaba.com rebranded products sold by KTJO4x4.

Long story short, some but not all of us 4Runner folk know about KTJO4x4 and the business ethics behind the operation. Nothing has changed, nor will change.

You can search my username over there if you want to read the full story (if the threads haven't been deleted as well).

@Daria, may I please request that there be a warning placed on the KTJO4x4 threads that exist over on 4Runners.com similar to what is here? That way people may make an informed decision about whether to do business with this individual.

Selling, and advertising parts as OEM or coming from OEM manufacturers is OK so long as they are legitimately from the source and you have the provenance and paperwork to prove it.

Toyota's OEM interior plastics manufacturers are Toyoda Gosei, and INOAC not "generic factory from China". If it came from either of those two, it would have their logo on it somewhere if they made it.

https://www.toyoda-gosei.com

https://inoacusa.com

Advertising and selling products as OEM, even putting similar stickers and part numbers on them to look like OEM when they are not is fraudulent. Whether or not it is critical part like a brake caliper, or just an electronic switch, counterfeit parts are taken seriously by every automotive manufacturer.

@tonered, @Daria, This link is for everyone, and worth a read.

Automotive Anti-Counterfeiting Council

https://a2c2.com

If you feel inclined, drop Toyota a note, "For the Community" :wink:

brand_protection@toyota.com

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    dilbert, xxTacocaTxx, bmxtaco and 4 others like this.
  4. Feb 9, 2021 at 8:08 PM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA

Welcome to the fun!

Great post.

The mods here are on the lookout for other KTJO 4x4 threads.

That last link is very interesting. I may drop a message there.

pandonsf and bmxtaco like this.
  5. Feb 10, 2021 at 7:56 AM
    xxTacocaTxx

xxTacocaTxx Well Unknown Member

Member:
    Best Slope CO
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCLB 4x4 OMGWTFLOLBBQ
    RCI skid plates Mobtown sliders Lots of patches and MESO stuff
    Sent. Didn't bother with any of the shipping, customer "service", pre-order, or other shenanigans regarding how KTJO4x4 runs her business, as that didn't seem relevant to the argument of advertising OEM parts that are not in fact OEM.

"I've recently seen a vendor selling parts for Tacoma, Tundra, and 4Runner vehicles that are marketed as OEM, but are anything but Toyota OEM parts. The part I was looking at is https://www.ktjo4x4.com/tacoma-oem-grab-handles-2016 but many other parts from this vendor are marketed as OEM as well.

Based on reviews found on multiple enthusiast websites, the parts are not OEM quality in either fit or finish."

6. Feb 10, 2021 at 10:09 AM
    bmxtaco

bmxtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Planet Florida
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR 6MT
    Wonder how quickly she's going to modify the language on her site. We know she watches this thread closely.

7. Feb 10, 2021 at 12:04 PM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Hahahahaha! The real pickle is all the printed boxes, cards, and other BS.

VB25, dilbert and bmxtaco[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Feb 10, 2021 at 12:35 PM
    OldRed

OldRed New Member

Member:
    @tonered, you are right. It doesn’t really matter if the language on the website changes. Especially with how easy it is to view web archives. There are threads on multiple sites that can’t be edited, pictures of parts with “OEM” this and “Toyota of China” that in the description, and pictures from others with an OEM style sticker and part number on it for the product they received.

The bread crumb trail is as wide as a tanker oil spill at this point. No amount of clean up will help.

tonered[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Feb 10, 2021 at 12:43 PM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Very true. Also, the threads here clearly go down that trail also with plenty of pics.

10. Feb 10, 2021 at 2:45 PM
    CherokeeCajun

CherokeeCajun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KJ
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    2017 - MGM - Sport - 4x4
    WOW!!

Feel like I'm in the twilight zone with this company. The bowl lights FINALLY get delivered (2+ weeks after she told me they shipped, which was 3 months after my purchase and 2 months after I started sending emails and 1 week after the Facebook message that prompted her to eventually reply). I was actually cool too, told her I understand how it can be with COVID/USPS while being overwhelmed with a side business and that I didn't agree with publicly shaming her (poor) business practices on Facebook. Still, I get one Facebook message reply that has zero apologies and only one long sentence that explained ship time (which was irrelevant as I did not order an out-of-stock item/color) and says she looked up my order # and that my order (coincidentally) shipped that day. This seems like par for the course so I'll fast forward to nearly 3 weeks later when I receive the door bowl lights after numerous additional ignored messages and emails...

I get both front seat lights installed. Actually worked out well as I was installing some sound deadening material in all 4 doors anyway. I test out the lights after install and everything looks good. Like others have said in here, it's actually a great product. Very cool and subtle, matches the lighting on all the other buttons (power windows and what not) at night.

I go to install the lights in the backseat doors and when I open the package I realize they are not the same as the front, wires are hanging off the plastic where it did not on the others. The lighting panel had one wire completely detached. AND the wire that was attached is connected to the wrong connection (talking +/-). I go check my last remaining door light and the wires are in tact but one is extremely loose, which makes me think the 2 installed in the front seat doors are as well.

I'm sure I can figure out the broken one, just gonna cut the wire and re-solder to the correct connection (+/-) if I can, then take the front doors off again and uninstall, then re-solder those. There is NO way I'd get any kind of reply if I asked for assistance or pointed out the errors. If I can't even get an apology for the sh*t service, sh*t communication, and sh*t turnaround time BEFORE receiving a broken product I think it's safe to say she's not gonna care about this. I just feel bad for folks that can't fix the issue themselves. I've seen a lot but I'm pretty sure this company takes the cake.

TL/DR: same ridiculous shipping / communication story as everyone else on here BUT unique as I had loose or detached wires and one set going to the wrong connector (+/-) on the light panel. Buyer beware indeed. I like the product but wish I'd seen this thread before purchasing.

11. Feb 10, 2021 at 2:52 PM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    I understand your initial feelings. I was there where the handle design was delayed for texture issues and such. It was everything afterward that sent me over the edge. Ha!

The coincidences seem to be a common theme.

I'd post up pics of the damaged part to the FB page? I don't think you'll get satisfaction on the return, but at least you'll shine a bit of a light on the quality problems.

Malvolio likes this.
  12. Feb 10, 2021 at 4:25 PM
    TacoBoutNothing

TacoBoutNothing Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 White TRD Pro
    You guys are too hard on her. My handle looks factory OEM! It used to bother me that the cover falls off and won't stay in place...then I realized it was engineered that way as an anti rattling solution! :rofl: I know what you're thinking..."just glue that sumbitch in there". Problem is the fitment is SO poor, it just looks like a glued in, ill-fitting mistake...

20210210_161902.jpg

Sandy94, Prestovie, Skydvrr and 5 others like this.
  13. Feb 10, 2021 at 4:27 PM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    :D

Geez. You're taking this just a bit too well.

:cheers:

Skydvrr and CherokeeCajun like this.
  14. Feb 10, 2021 at 4:49 PM
    PapaRee

PapaRee Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport, Tuned, BHLM OEM LEDs
    GTS Dobinson's lift-2.75", 33"-Wildpeak Atw3-18x9 -6 Offset ,265/70/18 tires, Raceline Assault wheels, Backflip G2 bed cover, Magnaflow exhaust, Pro tail lights, Pro fog lights, Pro grille, Raptor grille lights, Predator side steps, RedLine Hood Struts, Toyota bedmat, tinted windows, Retrofitted-BHLM-Amber Halo-Amber DRL-HID headlights, LED Highbeams, LED Hood Scoop lightbar, LED hidden bumper lightbar, LED under hood light, LED Bed lights, LED license plate lights, Tacoma tailgate 3d letters, Tacoma glovebox 3D letters, removed air dam, Custom TRD Sport emblems, Pro Shift Knob with Meso ECT Stealth button, Meso LED dome and map lights, Meso V3 smoked mirror turn signals, Meso Stage 2 Tail lights, Meso Mirror Puddle lights, Meso KC-5 Brake/Cargo light, Meso center console bucket with OG lid, Tailgate PNP kit, Garage door opener button in overhead console, Meso Minimalist keyfobs, Matte black Pro hood decal, KTJO4x4 Led door handle LED lights, Pioneer 6x9 3 way front speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6.75' rear speakers, TacoTunes tweeters, AJT black vent rings, JDM Gas cap cover.
    Mine was like that, and I was ready to glue it. So I pulled the little cover completely off and looked at it. There are multiple little plastic pieces that have to go in specific places to make it stay in. If one doesn’t lineup, it will not close all the way. Once I got them all lined up, it worked and stayed in place since then.
    Don’t get me wrong, it is not perfect, but it is acceptable and NOT glued on.

There was one specific one that was bending instead of going in the hole it was made to go in.

tonered[OP] and Devious6 like this.
  15. Feb 10, 2021 at 5:22 PM
    wiljayhi

wiljayhi “nobody’s business if I do…”

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Murky Water, MB, eh?
    Vehicle:
    ‘18 ORSB, Tuned
    Could be just old age ....:anonymous:

16. Feb 10, 2021 at 5:23 PM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    It isn't a tight fit either.

:duh:

Panchovilla6192002 and Skydvrr like this.
  17. Feb 10, 2021 at 8:08 PM
    Grossomotto

Grossomotto Complete 3rd Member

Member:
    39.9526° N, 75.1652° W
    Vehicle:
    2017 4WDV6LB6MT
    You could put a spring hinge on it and store your Altoids and Chapstick in there.

18. Feb 10, 2021 at 8:09 PM
    STi and Taco

STi and Taco Not a Super Hero

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR 4x4 Access Cab Black, 2012 Subaru STi Hatchback Black, 1995 Acura Legend L Gold (RIP), 2020 Corolla Hatchback
    Diode Dynamics LED Inerior Lighting https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?no_cache=1&find=2016-toyota-tacoma-115242 Hella Supertone Horns Some Joe Schmuckitelli Keyless Entry Intermittent Wiper Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4 Cruise Control Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4, again Anytime Back-up and Front Mount Camera Mod - Courtesy of @Logistics91 (amazing customer service helping me get it just the way I wanted it set up) Drawtite Class IV trailer hitch with 7/4 pin connector and P3 Tekonsha Brake Controller RokBlokz Mud Flaps Access Cab Rear Seat Storage Mod - Thanks to @Cagedodger for the original idea. Just modified it to fit my needs. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/access-cab-storage-organization.453774/page-4#post-17877877 Method 701 Black Wheels 265-70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Fumoto Drain Valve Weather Tech Floor Liners and Side Window Deflecors Tuxedo TruXport Bed Cover Access Cover Motion LED Light Strip. Mounted 2 in the bed. Air Dam Delete Demello Off-Road Overlander Aluminum Winch Bumper with Baja Hoop and Squadron Sport LED Spots Warn M8000 Winch Silex center console organizer and tray Full Bed and Under Hood LED Lighting A/C Condensation Drain Relocation Rostra Front Heated Seats aFe Power 51-82722 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake System (Part #51-82722) Prolightz clear LED fog lights w/ lamin-x overlay Red line Hood struts Diode Dynamics Hi/Low beam HID conversion kit MesoJDM 4 switch cubby panel, 7 switch Center panel and Center console Coin Holder @mesojdm Carhart Gray Front Seat Covers Curtis Class IV receiver B&W Tri-ball hitch King 2.5 Front Coilover/Rear Shock 25001-119/25001-121 Coming Soon: Differential Breather Relocation Mod New tires, can't decide
    Thats a brilliant idea.

PapaRee and Grossomotto[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Feb 10, 2021 at 8:26 PM
    Malvolio

Malvolio free zip ties for Stun

Member:
    SoCal Dumbgeon
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB SR5 2WD
    Time to buy two adhesive-backed googly eyes.

38FB6970-56FB-4BDE-B5E3-A9996A557C5E.jpg

dskakie, wahoobie, stiles88 and 12 others like this.
  20. Feb 10, 2021 at 8:35 PM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    :duh:

:rofl::rofl:

Malvolio[QUOTED] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.