1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buyer Beware: KTJO 4X4 Driver's Side Grab Handles w/ A Pillars, HUD, and Bowl Lights

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by tonered, Dec 13, 2019.

?

DAH Delivery Challenge

1. Ordered?

27.2%
  2. Received?

37.9%
  3. Have to bend upper clip to fit?

15.9%
  4. Missing Upper Cover?

6.0%
  5. Missing Lower Cover?

3.4%
  6. Incorrect Hardware?

13.4%
  7. Scratches / Damage?

9.9%
  8. Other (oh gawd)?

20.7%
  9. Magically Perfect!

25.4%
  10. Stuck in Shipping Label Created Purgatory?

3.9%
  11. OGs Still Waiting since Before the Ban?

7.3%
  12. Return Attempted?

1.7%
  13. Return Actually Happened?

3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 6, 2021 at 11:04 AM
    STi and Taco

STi and Taco Not a Super Hero

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR 4x4 Access Cab Black, 2012 Subaru STi Hatchback Black, 1995 Acura Legend L Gold (RIP), 2020 Corolla Hatchback
    Diode Dynamics LED Inerior Lighting https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?no_cache=1&find=2016-toyota-tacoma-115242 Hella Supertone Horns Some Joe Schmuckitelli Keyless Entry Intermittent Wiper Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4 Cruise Control Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4, again Anytime Back-up and Front Mount Camera Mod - Courtesy of @Logistics91 (amazing customer service helping me get it just the way I wanted it set up) Drawtite Class IV trailer hitch with 7/4 pin connector and P3 Tekonsha Brake Controller RokBlokz Mud Flaps Access Cab Rear Seat Storage Mod - Thanks to @Cagedodger for the original idea. Just modified it to fit my needs. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/access-cab-storage-organization.453774/page-4#post-17877877 Method 701 Black Wheels 265-70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Fumoto Drain Valve Weather Tech Floor Liners and Side Window Deflecors Tuxedo TruXport Bed Cover Access Cover Motion LED Light Strip. Mounted 2 in the bed. Air Dam Delete Demello Off-Road Overlander Aluminum Winch Bumper with Baja Hoop and Squadron Sport LED Spots Warn M8000 Winch Silex center console organizer and tray Full Bed and Under Hood LED Lighting A/C Condensation Drain Relocation Rostra Front Heated Seats aFe Power 51-82722 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake System (Part #51-82722) Prolightz clear LED fog lights w/ lamin-x overlay Red line Hood struts Diode Dynamics Hi/Low beam HID conversion kit MesoJDM 4 switch cubby panel, 7 switch Center panel and Center console Coin Holder @mesojdm Carhart Gray Front Seat Covers Curtis Class IV receiver B&W Tri-ball hitch King 2.5 Front Coilover/Rear Shock 25001-119/25001-121 Coming Soon: Differential Breather Relocation Mod New tires, can't decide
    So today I get this nasty gram from KTJO.............

"Well I’m not going to refund you when you have an open dispute and then you get it twice. So until the open dispute gets closed I will not be refunding anything at this point. "

Then a few minutes later,

"I’m not really sure why you opened the dispute two days after I already contacted you to attempt to issue the refund and informed you that I was needing to do it in another way due to the timeframe being over due with the system. The process was out of my control until you provided me another way to provide this refund to you."

2. Mar 6, 2021 at 11:06 AM
    Skydvrr

Skydvrr IG: @kalopsianick

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    YMH
    Vehicle:
    Black '17 OR
  3. Mar 6, 2021 at 11:09 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR 4x4 Access Cab Black, 2012 Subaru STi Hatchback Black, 1995 Acura Legend L Gold (RIP), 2020 Corolla Hatchback
    Diode Dynamics LED Inerior Lighting https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?no_cache=1&find=2016-toyota-tacoma-115242 Hella Supertone Horns Some Joe Schmuckitelli Keyless Entry Intermittent Wiper Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4 Cruise Control Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4, again Anytime Back-up and Front Mount Camera Mod - Courtesy of @Logistics91 (amazing customer service helping me get it just the way I wanted it set up) Drawtite Class IV trailer hitch with 7/4 pin connector and P3 Tekonsha Brake Controller RokBlokz Mud Flaps Access Cab Rear Seat Storage Mod - Thanks to @Cagedodger for the original idea. Just modified it to fit my needs. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/access-cab-storage-organization.453774/page-4#post-17877877 Method 701 Black Wheels 265-70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Fumoto Drain Valve Weather Tech Floor Liners and Side Window Deflecors Tuxedo TruXport Bed Cover Access Cover Motion LED Light Strip. Mounted 2 in the bed. Air Dam Delete Demello Off-Road Overlander Aluminum Winch Bumper with Baja Hoop and Squadron Sport LED Spots Warn M8000 Winch Silex center console organizer and tray Full Bed and Under Hood LED Lighting A/C Condensation Drain Relocation Rostra Front Heated Seats aFe Power 51-82722 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake System (Part #51-82722) Prolightz clear LED fog lights w/ lamin-x overlay Red line Hood struts Diode Dynamics Hi/Low beam HID conversion kit MesoJDM 4 switch cubby panel, 7 switch Center panel and Center console Coin Holder @mesojdm Carhart Gray Front Seat Covers Curtis Class IV receiver B&W Tri-ball hitch King 2.5 Front Coilover/Rear Shock 25001-119/25001-121 Coming Soon: Differential Breather Relocation Mod New tires, can't decide
    This is what I'm thinking of responding with. Any input would be appreciated. Too much? Too little? let me know.

"I opened the dispute prior to you informing me you were trying to refund me. You have had the grab handle since February 3rd. You can look back through this email chain to see that I tried to contact you several times about the refund, yet you chose to not respond to any of my emails or FB messenger posts for 3 weeks. If you would have read the emails you would have noticed that I stated I would be starting a dispute on February 27 at 5pm EST if I did not hear back from you before then. I actually waited an additional day and contacted my credit card company on February 28th to start the claim process. Waiting a month or more for a refund is unacceptable and not in any way how any business I've ever dealt with has conducted themselves. I sent plenty of notice to this exact same email thread you are replying to stating what my plans were if I continued to get no response. And I did what I said I was going to do. All of this could have been avoided with timely communication. Even if all you responded with was that you were swamped and in over your head, that would at least let me know you were aware and in possession of my grab handle. But weeks went by with zero communication. You can now deal with my credit card company."

xxTacocaTxx, Mark77, FishnTx and 4 others like this.
  4. Mar 6, 2021 at 11:21 AM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Looks perfect to me.

5. Mar 6, 2021 at 11:26 AM
    tonered

tonered [OP] bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA

Accusing you of wanting to double dip on refunds. WTF?

Your response sounds great. I'd keep plowing ahead with the dispute. No reason to put any more time into it.

6. Mar 6, 2021 at 11:27 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    yeah, if she had paid attention to the emails, she would know the timeline of things and would clearly see that I'm not trying to get my money back twice. She's such a fucktard.

7. Mar 6, 2021 at 11:39 AM
    TacoTruck808

TacoTruck808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB, Prem & Tech Pkg, MGM
    No apology and its all your fault.....sounds about right.....i am glad I didn't have to deal with a refund. Good luck!

whatstcp, Devious6 and tonered[OP] like this.
  8. Mar 6, 2021 at 12:26 PM
    TacoSupremo19

TacoSupremo19 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black Tacoma TRD SPort DCSB
    Brushed Copper Blaze 10 Rims | 265 70 17 Toyo Open Country A/T III tires | Bilstein 5100 w/ Eibach Coils 2.5" lift | Blackhawk UCAs | ICON Rear 3 AAL |TRD Skid Plate | TRD CAI | OEM Rear Bed Lighting | OEM rear Tailgate lock | RC Bed Molle Racks | Custom Blacked out OEM LED Headlights | MESO V4 Mirror Turnsignals | MESO Interior trim blackout | TG DMM dash mount | TRD Shift Knob | OEM SR5 interior door handles | Upgraded Stereo including Alpine 700W Amp Alpine Type R Components & Hertz speakers 12" Sub | Custom Clazzio Seat covers | Mobtown Sliders | Front Camera
    2 things about this. First of, there's no way you can get a refund twice. So that's that. All she has to do is send the money as a gift back to your PayPal. She's just being a Beotch. Unfortunately for you though, chargebacks can take a month or more so be patient if you just want the CC company to do the investigation.

tonered[OP] and STi and Taco like this.
  9. Mar 6, 2021 at 12:29 PM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    She did send me a screenshot from something (maybe paypal) showing a dispute had been filed. It had a note on it to reply by March 13th. Probably still take a while after that to settle it.

Im not too concerned with the timeframe. If $165 was going to put me in the poor house, I would have more pressing matters to attend to.

10. Mar 7, 2021 at 8:18 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Sent the email yesterday afternoon. Of course no response. Probably the last I'll hear from her.

11. Mar 7, 2021 at 8:27 AM
    ktbell444

ktbell444 One who throws exceptions

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    ᚺᛖᛚᚺᛖᛁᛗ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro - Army Green
    It's like she doesn't want her business to actually succeed...o_O

Hope it all goes well with the dispute!

tonered[OP] and doublethebass like this.
  12. Mar 7, 2021 at 8:33 AM
    Glaese

Glaese Unknown Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Country of Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Sandy Taco Ltd
    I see a lot of people here worried about refunds. If you can file a dispute with your credit card why worry about it? Added benefit vendors get points taken off when you file a dispute. After so many disputes the vendor looses the privilege to accept that payment.

Just saying there is power in numbers.

13. Mar 7, 2021 at 8:43 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Because I have no faith in the system

whatstcp, Skydvrr and Glaese[QUOTED] like this.
  14. Mar 7, 2021 at 8:46 AM
    Glaese

Glaese Unknown Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Country of Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Sandy Taco Ltd
    Anarchy! It’s worked for me whenever I’ve done it. As long as you keep your emails for proof it usually ends in your favor

15. Mar 7, 2021 at 8:49 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Ive not deleted anything. Its comical fhoigg thT she isnt aware of her lack of communication when in the rare occassion she does respond, ifs still to the same email thread she claims to not have seen and just refuses to read back in the thread. I thought this level of mental gymnastics was reserved for Qanon folks.

xola3que and Malvolio like this.
  16. Mar 7, 2021 at 8:56 AM
    Glaese

Glaese Unknown Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Country of Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Sandy Taco Ltd
    Right there, a lack of communication will get your dispute approved. It may be annoying but in the end you get your money back and it negatively impacts the vendor.

tonered[OP] likes this.
  17. Mar 7, 2021 at 9:09 AM
    Amuzed2death

Amuzed2death Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 mgm dcsb trdor
    Ask my accountant
    Man sti you need a hobby. How is this shit hole thread still open?

PennSilverTaco and Malvolio like this.
  18. Mar 7, 2021 at 9:57 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    bye felicia

19. Mar 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Has burica returned?

20. Mar 7, 2021 at 1:36 PM
    Malvolio

Malvolio free zip ties for Stun

Member:
    SoCal Dumbgeon
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB SR5 2WD
    Wait until you start hanging with the guys with 15,000 posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top