1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buyer's Remorse :(

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stinger86, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Nov 4, 2007 at 6:49 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    damn tacozilla, had a little steam to blow off huh haha, but you do make a great point in that you can't compare apples to oranges, and if you don't like apples then trade in for an orange

2. Nov 4, 2007 at 7:10 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    someone is whining b/c they bought a truck, but wanted it to be a car....boohoo...if u dont like the truck, take the bite in the ass and sell it or trade it in...beotchin about it itsnt gonna magically poof it into a rice burner...i think we can all agree

3. Nov 4, 2007 at 7:56 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    my truck is a rice burner haha, but these tacos do handle VERY well compared to other trucks, this is as close as u can get to a car with a truck

4. Nov 4, 2007 at 8:31 PM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
    Im pretty sure my truck is borderline sports car;)

and will outrun most stock sports cars :D

and handles it ass off

and can haul mulch

best of both worlds.

I just miss my beach wheelin days :(

Justin

5. Nov 4, 2007 at 8:39 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    the xrunners actually have a slightly better skidpad rating than the 05 corvette z06...just figured you'd wanna know ;) and thats according to car and driver a year or two ago

6. Nov 4, 2007 at 8:39 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    my lil dropped xtreme handled like a dream as well...and i could beat any other 4cyl s-10 that wasnt turbo'd or blown...so that kinda narrows down my victims...lol...but i bought this and u dont hear me bitchin!!

7. Nov 4, 2007 at 8:41 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    my first race in my taco was against a lowered 4cyl s10 haha, i whooped his ass spinning through second gear :D

8. Nov 5, 2007 at 5:28 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I laid rubber yesterday in first and second as I merged in between 2 18-wheelers getting onto the interstate. One was being a real @$$ and not letting me merge onto the interstate (there was no one in the left lane). I had no problem getting around him. He looked like he was 18 and didn't know how to handle a vehicle (let alone a semi).

9. Nov 5, 2007 at 7:11 AM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    me? steamed? over someone bashing a taco and comparing it to a civic si? NEVER lol..yeah I hate ricers (yes they are japanease like a taco...but i have seen mustang "ricers") anyhow i think everyone made the same point if you want a car...then why buy a truck

10. Nov 5, 2007 at 9:03 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I agree. I also agree with your definition of ricer. I dont consider all Japanese cars ricers. a ricer is when you take an underpowered pos and try to soup it up and make it something it's not by adding neon green lights and a cheap alluminum spoiler that doesn't actually do anything. One of my friends roommates had a 2000 mustang with the six cylinder that he "souped up" with green interior lights and neon llights underneath. When he slammed on brakes the whole front end looked like it was about to plow intothe asphault. My 17 year old stock BMW could kick his ass everytime, handeling and acceleration. He was a joke. A civic or a 6cyl muscle car IS NOT a sports car

11. Nov 5, 2007 at 9:08 AM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    6 cylinder mustangs are for the people that like the looks but cant drive well enough to handle a REAL mustang with a v8. hence v6 mustang owners being idiots, teenagers and women haha

12. Nov 5, 2007 at 9:18 AM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    I'm not a big fan of the Mustangs but I do want a six cylinder car. I wanna get my hands on one of the new Nissan GTRs when they come out for 2009. That is an amazing piece of machinery right there. Guarantee that will take the title of cheapest super car in the US shortly after release. Just don't be stupid with your mods. Body kits usually add more weight, the wing you think is cool doesn't do anything probably adds more drag actually. If you are an actual car person you will look at the advantages to your performance instead of if you can make that girl on the corner wet just by driving by.

13. Nov 5, 2007 at 10:44 AM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    any girl that is worth your time will know about cars and trash talk your wing and call you an idiot, the fact is that they do create drag and unless u actually need the downforce of a functional wing, it's a waste of money and it makes people realize that you dont know what you're doing. function and performance above all else!

14. Nov 5, 2007 at 12:37 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Don't get me wrong, i'm all about six cyl engines, just not in muscle cars. The definition off a muscle car is "muscle". That means enormous high output engine in a huge heavy car. mustang, camero, whatever... these aren't muscle cars if they have a V6. V6 sports cars are awesome! Beamers, Nissans, Mercedes, Supras, all good cars with no need for a V8, but if you wanna call your call a muscle car then put a damn V8 in it!

15. Nov 5, 2007 at 9:14 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    ndcouch, my lord, how correct your prophecy and insight is...THANK YOU FOR NOT BEING AN IDIOT LIKE A TEXAN, makes me feel better about my new midwest alliance division lol

16. Nov 6, 2007 at 4:31 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device

So, then V12 gets into the "exotics" range, eh?

17. Nov 6, 2007 at 8:38 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Dear Lord, i couldn't imagine owning a V12. I'd be in jail. My buddy had a mid 90's 750 which is a 12 cyl. On the way to a wedding our average speed was 122 and he hit 135 at one point, possibly 140 down the interstate. you couldn't even tell. and the engine was almost silent the whole time. damn i miss that car!

18. Nov 6, 2007 at 9:00 AM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    While on the topic of exotics don't forget the Bugatti Veyron with the W16 engine. 16 cylinders kicking out about 1020hp. Don't really think you could go wrong with that, no matter who you are muscle, rice, exotic you gotta give that some respect.

19. Nov 6, 2007 at 9:30 AM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    yeah back to the V6 mustangs... i had a 1997 camaro 3.8 V6...cold air intake...headers...chip..magnaflow exhaust...125hp nitrous kit (NOS to you fast and furious punks) lakewood trailing arms competetion engineering shocks....B&M shifter...with my drag only 26x11.50 mickey thompson ET streets it ran 12.7 at 112 mph on the spray...not the fastest car obviously...but it would stomp cobra mustangs all the time or Z28 camaros... other than the tires and 3" exhaust poking out the back? looked 100% stock

20. Nov 6, 2007 at 10:07 AM
    Chief Tezz

Chief Tezz Active Member

Member:
    Stone Mountain, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner SR5, Long Bed, Indigo Ink
    Contemplating all options for upgrades.
    I'm with ndcouch on this one. My first car (ever) was a 68 Pontiac GTO! There is nothing like American Muscle! Now don't get me wrong... I love my Supra but, it's a completely different feeling behind the wheel.

Products Discussed in

To Top