1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying a house

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Brandon9402, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    Brandon9402

Brandon9402 [OP] uncoordinated dirtbox

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner sr5
    Kenwood headunit, 4 kicker 5x7 coaxials,2 memphis 1.5" tweeters, 2 12" memphis subwoofers, memphis 500w amp, chrome grille guard, kc fog lamps, chrome side steps, chrome tool box, and window visors
    Ill be turning 18 this summer and going off to college and all that good stuff. I eventually want to buy a house... Maybe next year, maybe 4 years. I know of a house a few miles down the road that appears to be abandoned. (overgrown shrubs. No signs of occupancy. Etc) would such a house be cheaper/easier to buy? Or harder and more expensive? Or possible at all? Where would I go to buy the property?
    Thanks ahead of time -Brandon

2. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    TACWUT

TACWUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner DC
    Flowmaster turndown, 5100 up front/5150 rear, maxtrac spindles, 2" tuff country add a leaf+TSB.
    You have to go to the county recorders office to see who owns the propery. Once you buy a home, depending on the type of loan you get, there are guidelines that must be met in order to protect the lender. If it's run down you would need to buy it cash or find an investor most likely. Stuff like that might b worth your time but its dependant on your time, resources etc.

Theres alot that goes into buying real estate. If you do homework before making a purchase, you can make good money or have some good equity left to cash out on.

3. Jan 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    Brandon9402

Brandon9402 [OP] uncoordinated dirtbox

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner sr5
    Kenwood headunit, 4 kicker 5x7 coaxials,2 memphis 1.5" tweeters, 2 12" memphis subwoofers, memphis 500w amp, chrome grille guard, kc fog lamps, chrome side steps, chrome tool box, and window visors
    I may be misunderstanding but buying with cash makes me feel like its gunna be super cheap! Lol it's a nice piece of property. On the main road but no neighbors. I'd love to have the place without a lot of trouble.

Products Discussed in

To Top