1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying a new HU for DC JBL taco

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KaoskrewPB, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Jun 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB [OP] -Empty-

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Went from: Icon coilovers, Light Racing UCA's, SpiderTrax Wheel spacers, T Rex Eye lids color matched, Rear AAL, Iron Dirt light bar, Hella 500's, Blacked out door badges and front grill badge, Blacked out Hella light covers, Trailer Brake controller, JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69 HU, Sony Xplod Amp To completely stock :(
    Ok I have been looking around on crutchfield for a couple of hours and I have decided that I really want the JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69
    http://m.crutchfield.com/mt/signatu...tp=5684&avf=N&un_jtt_v_sign=k&un_jtt_redirect

My questions are:
    the most important, will this HU be compatible with the JBL system?
    And what dash kit do you guys reccomend in terms of looks and durabilty?
    And I don't really care much for steering wheel controls, but if there's a kit available for it (I couldn't find one) can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys.

2. Jun 20, 2010 at 1:06 AM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB [OP] -Empty-

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Went from: Icon coilovers, Light Racing UCA's, SpiderTrax Wheel spacers, T Rex Eye lids color matched, Rear AAL, Iron Dirt light bar, Hella 500's, Blacked out door badges and front grill badge, Blacked out Hella light covers, Trailer Brake controller, JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69 HU, Sony Xplod Amp To completely stock :(
    Edit
    I found the jbl adapter kit on tacotunes website so I think that answers my first question.
    And after reading around here and Toyotanation I think i'm going with the scoshe.
    Another question.
    Since I'm replacing my HU, can I just take out the JBL amp and sub in the back seat and put in a new amp and sub and run the wiring from the connectors that are in the backseat from the jbl system?
    If so does anyone know which wires I will need

To Top