1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying a SUV marked as a Rental?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by PerfectTekniq, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mar 24, 2016 at 11:30 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    New cars get the shit flogged out of them on test drives also. 35 miles on the ODO and it gets floored from every stop light/stop sign, brakes are slammed, etc,. It makes little difference in the history of the car, if the driver doesn't care about the vehicle they're driving because they're not responsible for repairing it then they'll beat it to death.

Leased cars aren't any different, and in a world where people will build and beat cars and then return them to stock for trade in/sale, there really is no telling what kind of life the car lived.

Inspections, inspections, inspections.

2. Mar 24, 2016 at 12:04 PM

127.0.0.1 AKA ::1

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    2013 NBM AC 4.0 4x4 Auto OR
    you don't even KNOW

I ride mountain bikes all over....
    and one place I ride is along the tracks at the regional Ford train depot. I often see brand new F-whatever truck being driven off
    the train cars and immediately burned rubber racing to the other side of the lot. constantly. even special trucks like tow trucks and duallys.

them bastards do not give a f**k and they drive like they hate their job, life, and them trucks. I am amazed it is allowed to happen.

T4RFTMFW[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Mar 24, 2016 at 12:07 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    I know a little.. ;)

There's a reason people go and test drive a truck with 40 miles on the ODO, and then order the exact truck they test drove so they can get it "unmolested" by test drivers.

127.0.0.1 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top