1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lordaca, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Feb 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    Lordaca

Lordaca [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Marietta,Ga
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPRT DC LB 4x4
    Weathertech floor liners and wind deflector, OEM roof Rack, Wet Okoles seat covers, cb installed
    I am thinking about a new truck. Just wanted to know every ones thoughts on if this is a good deal.

Today going to the dealership they quoted me $33,268 for a 2012 Tacoma double cab 4x4 lb trd sport. I wanted pyrite mica and they are going to have to order it from the manufacture. They are also giving me $4500 for my 99 tacoma with a quarter of a million miles on it.

2. Feb 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome from Flowery Branch.

That is awful high, is that out the door because that should be above the sticker for that truck. I would shoot for knocking off 3k from the sticker, maybe ask for more and come up to that. Toyota also offers a college grad program to get an additional grand off if you've graduated college in something like the last 3 years. Also your trade w/o seeing it sounds cheap. Unless you're willing to sell it on your own then take it to Carmax and see what they offer, the dealers usually match that.

If you can afford it, I'd try to buy outright then sell your old truck. Then take the money and refi at a credit union.

Also, have you tried other dealerships? I was just at Mall of Ga Toyota yesterday for my free oil change and looked around the lot. They had several 4x4 DC's on the lot. Can't remember if they had a Pyrite Mica in a 4x4 and lb though. I just found it ironic since when I was looking they didn't have squat in 4x4's. :rolleyes: Atlanta Toyota has a great selection too. I bought mine from Team Toyota Lithia Springs which I don't want to recommend them since they are trying to stiff me $100 for referring my brother. :mad:

Anyway good luck!

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    Lordaca

Lordaca [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Marietta,Ga
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPRT DC LB 4x4
    Weathertech floor liners and wind deflector, OEM roof Rack, Wet Okoles seat covers, cb installed
    Thank you for your response. I am going to be trying Atlanta Toyota tomorrow and Lowe Toyota in Warner Robins. I dont really want to spend anything over 30k on the truck. Also I dont mind calling Toyota Mall of Georgia and seeing what they are willing to do.

4. Feb 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    cooktaco

cooktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl. cab TRD 4x4
    Weahertecs, Bed met, Snugtop, Avid sliders, TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's @1.75,
    I have a pyrite mica and love it, but being married to a color can cost you money.

I researched dealer inventories within 500 miles of me for the truck I wanted in dealer stock. I set aside a couple days and sent an e-mail to the internet department at all of the dealers that had what I wanted. I got a mix of good quotes and BS responses. I tossed the BS responses and started negotiating by e-mail with the ones that sent quotes. Got the price to where I wanted it, and was in and out of the dealership very quickly.

Do your research ahead of time and it will save you a lot of money. You can cut the price of an extended warranty in half ($900 vs. $1800) just by letting the dealer know you can buy it from another dealer or via the internet for a better price.

Good luck and hope this helps.

To Top