1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying an 09 Overhead console w/ Compass

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by plmber58, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mar 23, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    plmber58

plmber58 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner sr5 package Pyrite Mica color
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    Hi all and again to the ones that started this site I want to say thank you as I have already bought the Okolone seat covers and the bed storage lock box. Without this site I do not know if I would have found the items or threads about them again thank you.
    Now to the console problem. I called a dealer and they said the console could not be bought as one piece but only in parts. Was he blowing smoke up my butt or what. I pulled my console down and the wiring is there with even the connector and the probe is installed and wired. I cannot believe that you cannot just buy a console. I figured it would be an on self item. Has anyone had any luck getting one for the 09?:confused:

2. Mar 23, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    Major

Major Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2009 V-6 Tacoma Crew TRD off-road
    Husky Liners, Predator Running Boards, Undercover, TRD air filter, TRD front skid plate, TRD front brake pads, tint, TRD bed mat, Alpine Speakers and Alpine Amp, chrome grill cover
  3. Mar 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    jay_shy

jay_shy Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 silver access cab TRD sport
    How do you like the bed storage lockbox? Would you buy another one? Is it waterproof?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am considering one and would like to know up front before forking out all that cash.

Jason

4. Mar 24, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    plmber58

plmber58 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner sr5 package Pyrite Mica color
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    Thanks but the 09 need a different one as the temp probe wire is routed through the ac thaks for the feed though

To Top