1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buzz from OEM switch

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by clc clc, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Feb 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    clc clc

clc clc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 reg cab tacoma/2020 subaru crosstrek
    This is the kit I got.
    I have a "buzz" sound that comes from my OEM switch when I turn the truck OFF with the switch still ON. The switch will "buzz" until I open the door. When I turn the truck ON the radio will be OFF after the "buzz" sound. The lights otherwise work as advertised and fuses/relays are installed. Im now wondering if I T-tapped the wrong wires? Anybody have any ideas why the switch would buzzzz?

2. Feb 28, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    PartsNinja

PartsNinja New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    If you have checked all your wiring and everything is in the correct spot (they have a post in their blog section that labels which wires goes to which position), I would contact the vendor. It could be the switch. That kit carries a warranty and it is possible that you need a new switch.

3. Feb 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    clc clc

clc clc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 reg cab tacoma/2020 subaru crosstrek
    Thanks ill keep that in mind. After thinking about it a little more im wondering would it be possible for the lights to work if I T-tapped the wrong wires in lA-1? I got the correct color wires T-tapped just not sure if they are pin 29 and 35. My buddy was thinking it might actually be the relay drawing some power but not enough to stay on. Wanted to get others opinions before I decide my course of action.

Products Discussed in

To Top