1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buzzing from the dash...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by recon11, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Nov 27, 2009 at 4:58 PM
    recon11

recon11 [OP] AKA Jack Cobra

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Grillcraft grill, Hella 500's behind the grill, K&N 63 Series intake, nerf bars, ak-47 under back seat, kimber 1911 in center console....bam that just happened
    I have an '09 Sport, and about a month ago I noticed buzzing from the right side of my dash any time I get on the gas, I took everything out of the glove compartment and doors, I turned the air off and everything, I even pulled the glove compartment out and had a friend lay upside down on the seat trying to find the source LOL, if anyone else has experienced this let me know...bcuz its driving me crazy....tengo mike

2. Nov 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma DC TRD Sport RadRed
    Do a search. This issue was just posted with cure on the TW forums just a few days ago.

3. Nov 27, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    To fix this problem, you need to pop the hood and look to the left of the engine, if you are standing in front of it. There is a metal brackett there holding the wires coming from the engine into the Firewall. Push this brackett up as far as you can.... this will put tension on the wires going in and stop the buzzing. For some reason, the positin the wires are in with the brackett being in the current position.. gives the vibration to make the wires buzz together. I did this and since i did it has all stopped.

4. Nov 27, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    recon11

recon11 [OP] AKA Jack Cobra

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Grillcraft grill, Hella 500's behind the grill, K&N 63 Series intake, nerf bars, ak-47 under back seat, kimber 1911 in center console....bam that just happened
    Yes Sir I tried it and so far no buzzing, thanks much for the advice...

5. Nov 28, 2009 at 8:02 AM
    rockbug63

rockbug63 Active Member

Member:
    central coast CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Dbl cab 4x4 SR5 tow pkg.
    Rear leaf and steering column chatter tsb blower mtr replaced(waste of time) 2nd blw. mtr.; new headlights from DRL melt issue new water pump9 leaking0around block) pwr steering rack leaks, right frt. wheel bearing bad.
    I have an '09 dblcab and I was nuts to find that buzz, finally stuffed some high density foam along the windshield from the right pillar over towards the radio. About 12" strip did it. NO MORE BUZZ.EVER.

6. Nov 29, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    trd taco guy

trd taco guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd sport
    anyone have a pic of what bracket to "push up"

7. Nov 29, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    ashjwilliams

ashjwilliams Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bad ass. My 2010 had been doing that (though seemingly intermittently) and I was thinking about taking it in for service. At the last minute I decided it wasn't worth having some tech's dig around in my car for it. Last time I let techs dig around in my vehicle (a 2009 Subaru WRX) it came back missing parts...literally. I hope this resolves my problem as well. Any links to the original thread? Thanks.

Ash

8. Nov 29, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    The brackett you push up is not hard to find.... just pop the hood.... and look to the left of the engine.. you will see a huge wrapped up bundle of wires that run from the motor through the firewall to the ECU computer behind the glovebox. There is a brackett that is holding these wires... push that Brackett as far up as it will go... it took care of my issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top