1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bye, Bye Ridgeline?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by NAAC3TACO, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Apr 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    kxhansen

kxhansen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Staten Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl Cab SR5 6spd Silver
    WeatherTech window deflectors WeatherTech floor liners (front) and mats (rear) Alpine 9886 Pop n Lock 5300 Fold a Cover G4 GT Covers seat covers
    A few months ago I noticed that there was a black Tacoma a few blocks from my house - I saw it parked in the driveway. I periodically drive by to check it out and last week noticed that it was replaced by a Ridgeline - a little surprised, especially since the Tacoma was pretty new.

2. Apr 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    Blue

Blue You're my boy blue

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Sierras
    Vehicle:
    ex 99 current 04 TRD
    its ok i drive a tacoma

3. Apr 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    not to threadjack, but can anyone elaborate on this?? ive heard this before but never understood why-- is it just a matter of the fwd driveshaft being unable to support the weight of a v8??

4. Apr 9, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    problem is that they add 50hp to the engine and add 300lbs to the body. By the time gen or two go by you have a friggin fancy turd rig that doesnt move.

5. Apr 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Honda needs to bite the bullet and build a V8. Toyota did this same shit with the T100...trying to edge into the fullsize market without a V8. They seem to have gotten their truck shit together with the 5.7L and especially this damn impressive new 4.6L.

6. Apr 9, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    Finally!!!!

7. Apr 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale

well at least the t100 was a good truck. and a real one lol

8. Apr 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Save On Some Metal And Alot Of Plastic!

9. Apr 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    rmerchant3

rmerchant3 Insert nonsense here

Member:
    +1 to Honda needing to build a REAL truck. If they came out with something to compete with the Tacoma; I'd have a Honda in my driveway. I like my Tacoma a lot don't get me wrong, but nothing beats Honda's simplicity in design and reliability. I am a little biased though as I've always owned Honda's. And being a tech for Acura helps too :)

That being said, I test drove a Ridgeline with hopes of buying it. Super comfy and super nice, but as a truck...it was a joke. And I wanted a truck.

10. Apr 10, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO [OP] Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    We talk about all kinds of stuff on this forum. I'm sure Tacomas are mentioned quite a bit on Ridgeline forums. If you don't care about the possible demise of a Tacoma competitor, why are you reading this thread?
    I know, "Tacoma competitor" is a stretch.:)

11. Apr 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    Honda is not a truck manufacturer

12. Apr 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Yep. When I had my 07 Impala SS you better be holding on when you got on it. Doesn't make for the best handling car either. And the transmissions they used in them were barely up to the task. It's amazing GM held onto the FWD V8 idea for so long cause it's a pretty retarded one. There's a reason no one else was doing it. Bad enough having higher hp FI 4cyl and V6 engines going through FWD, but when you add all the torque of a V8 it just makes it worse. The LS4 in the GXP and Imp and Monte Carlo SS put out 323lb ft of torque. That's just asking to break stuff in a FWD car.

13. Apr 10, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    2x...if they made something SMALL....like even smaller than a tacoma i think id would sell.

the thing is i don't think me and a ridgline would be very good togther...i cant even figure out how to use that ridiculous tailgate that opens more than one way lololol

14. Apr 10, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    id rock a hemi grand caravan tho any day :D

Products Discussed in

To Top