1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

C4 Fab Sliders On A 2018 Taco DCSB Install With New Tricks, Tips, and Changes

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Grumpy Jesse, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Jun 6, 2018 at 4:25 PM
    Grumpy Jesse

Grumpy Jesse [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    2018 Taco That Used To Be A Pro
    '18 Tacoma Dobinsons MRR front with UCA's CMC and plenty smashing in the of the tub Rear #600 leafs U-bolt Flip Can Clam 35's Custom Front High Clearance Bumper w/cheap LED's Air and Dual battery built by yours truly '85 pickup 60 and a 14B swap full width (on leafs) Fully hydro Dual T Case H1's re-centered with inner bead lock Cheap e30 Seats Flat Bed
    Yo!

I just installed two sets of C4 rails on two separate 2018 Tacoma's. First and fore most, the rails are awesome. They are the best looking ones one the marked in my opinion. Also C4 has been amazing to work with and are great people. Give them your business.

On to the fun stuff. I did not spend the excessive money on getting my rails powder coated. I personally believe that is a waste of money for something you are going to hammer on. Neh! SHOULD hammer on. If you bought a set of rock rails to be a pavement princess, please leave this post. Kidding! a little bit... So first, we are going to teach you a new skill! Because learning is fun! Instead of spending your money on powder coating, keep it in your wallet. You are going to have to make a few stops around town, but heck, come on, it's always fun to take your rig out and drive around. First stop is at Harbor Freight. Get your self one of their mid grade gravity feed paint guns! They cost something like $30 bucks. Then you are off to Home Depot or some other place you can but a compressor. But you certainly don't need to do that, because you already have one. You can pick one up large enough to do the job for something like $150 with a hose and nail guns. You also need a respirator and a full body paint condom. Then you are going to go home and get on Amazon and buy some Rustoleum Marine Grade Paint and Metal Primer. Wait two days and it will arrive. Now set up a paint tent in your garage and teach your self how to paint. There are countless youtube videos and things you can read, so I will not waste my time explaining it. Obviously you are not going to get AMAZING results, but they will turn out just great for rock rails and you will have gained a new skill and some useful tools. You are now more american than you were last week. I also went and bought some herculiner and did my steps in it. Turned out great! 3 coats and let that stuff dry for 3 days, you are golden. I also put a garbage ton of flex seal on the inside of the mounting plates. I saw a couple people complain about rust so to create a buffer of metal to metal I put that on.

Now you are ready for install. There are a couple things that you are going to need.

-(1) 1.5" x 1/2" Grade 8 Bolt with Fender Washer and Lock Nut
    - 1' of 1/4" fuel line
    - Flex tape/Ice and Water Shield
    - Can do attitude and a friend
    - Bear Shit (BS is an industry term. Most commonly known as Henry Wet Patch Rubberized Roof Repair Caulk Tube)
    - (2) 8mm x1.25 sleeve nuts (Double Check Me. I could be remembering wrong)
    - (2) 8mm x1.25 Bolts with fenderwashers and lock washers (Double Check Me. I could be remembering wrong)
    - A dill with a 1/2" drill bit

Next you are going to follow the instructions from the C4 Fab thread on install.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...r-installation-instructions-dcsb-aclb.444696/

BEFORE YOU INSTALL Continue reading because I have some information you are going to want to know.

First you are going to take the bear shit and cover the hole on the back side of the mounting plate that has the horizontal square tube welded to it. Fill the hell out of it so you don't get water in there and rust. (See pictures)

Next item is the electrical box on the inside of the frame rail. The hole that used to be the to left of it is now right behind it. You are going to want to drill from the frame rail side through the mounting bracket. Use your new 1.5" bolt through there. Use your stock nuts and sleeve nuts on the studs of the box. Bolt it back on with the new bolts you bought from the out side. This sets the box of far enough to clear the bolt and nut. (See pictures)

You are going to want to cover your break lines that are touching the nuts/bolts on the driver side with the 1/4" Fuel line and tape. Since you are an offroader and things get bumpy, you don't want to rub a nice hole in your lines. (See Pictures)

Heed my suggestions or don't. Have fun out there and be safe!

IMG_2429[1].jpg
    IMG_2410[1].jpg
    IMG_2430[1].jpg
    IMG_2427[1].jpg
    IMG_2412[1].jpg
    IMG_2433[2].jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Jaggerbub and valdomero like this.
  2. Jun 6, 2018 at 7:40 PM
    valdomero

valdomero Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Valdo
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad
    Plasti Dip Grille and Emblems Removed V6 badge
    Nice rig bro.
    I like the look of this C4 Rocks Sliders...
    Hoping they have some Father's Day Discount or July 4th Discount.

3. Jun 6, 2018 at 10:22 PM
    Grumpy Jesse

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tacoma Dobinsons MRR front with UCA's CMC and plenty smashing in the of the tub Rear #600 leafs U-bolt Flip Can Clam 35's Custom Front High Clearance Bumper w/cheap LED's Air and Dual battery built by yours truly '85 pickup 60 and a 14B swap full width (on leafs) Fully hydro Dual T Case H1's re-centered with inner bead lock Cheap e30 Seats Flat Bed

Thank you sir! Best of luck. They are great rails.

valdomero[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Aug 11, 2018 at 4:20 PM
    valdomero

Member:
    First Name:
    Valdo
    Vehicle:

Finally got mine installed.
    22410E55-0306-424C-B373-E0CA96BBB459.jpg 57FCC137-0636-4D9F-8938-3F14BBB45BBE.jpg 7641F71E-0F01-4ECF-A8C4-0CB3C5DE5A3D.jpg

5. Aug 11, 2018 at 4:30 PM
    Riotfunk

Riotfunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Taco TRD off road
    Where is everyone getting their sliders from and does anyone carry them in stock? Off topic sorry, need some

valdomero likes this.
  6. Aug 11, 2018 at 4:43 PM
    valdomero

Member:
    First Name:
    Valdo
    Vehicle:

Got mine at Rogue Offroad.
    Waited 6 weeks for them... worth the wait...
    These are really looking nice

7. Aug 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM
    Grumpy Jesse

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    Just go to C4 Fabs website.

https://www.c4fabrication.com

8. Aug 12, 2018 at 2:11 PM
    Riotfunk

Riotfunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Taco TRD off road
    Oohh liking those, maybe without the plate. Thanks

valdomero likes this.
  9. Aug 12, 2018 at 7:36 PM
    valdomero

Member:
    First Name:
    Valdo
    Vehicle:
    They look good without the plates but I needed them for my 2 little kids
    20180808_022306.jpg

10. Aug 8, 2021 at 3:27 PM
    Westco sc

Westco sc Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd offroad
    Mocking up for an install and having trouble feeling like my brake line will be clear of the bolt. If I wrap it and have it contacting the bolt will it be sufficient or am i looking for trouble? thx 20198B1B60EE-CE6B-47A4-8ED8-E47F55F6369D.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021

Products Discussed in

To Top