1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calgary Roll Call

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mr Wiggles, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Aug 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    mrbeggins

mrbeggins LOW.LIGHT.WIDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Airdrie Alberta
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma
    Hi Nathan,

You are correct that I was quoted for expedited shipping. It was in the ball park of $60 and I was told at least a week maybe more until it arrives. Now had I been told that the gear shop would have paid for half the expedited shipping, I would have 100% went that route as I needed them ASAP for the fitment of the 35's and knowing where I needed to cut the front bumper.

That is why I opted to wait, as again I was told the shipment was suppose to arrive within the next 2 weeks from ordering anyways.

As for speaking with the new All Pro employee, all I asked from him was to walk to the back and check to see if the headlight hoops were still sitting on the pallet. And they were. At week 6

As for the phone call's with All Pro, it was brought to my attention that just the previous day, the order had just been paid for by the gear shop and the shipment had left the day before I came in. Now weather or not speaking with the right person at AP would have made the difference with my decision to withdraw my order...I dont know. I was more upset about the fact that every time I came in, I was told "its on its way". Had I been told, your order is still at AP, they are experiencing problems on their end with manufacturing and we probably wont see it for another 5-6 weeks, I would have been a lot more satisfied.

I appreciate your input and congratulations on the new born!

2. Aug 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    LT is on. Only took me 10 hours by myself. And 2 extra hours with my moral support for a total of 11.

Additionally I pretty much only talk to Kurtis when I call all pro. There's a reason for that. All my shit is on time and done right.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. Aug 26, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    Cash127

Cash127 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Burlington, ON
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red 2012 DC 6M TRD Sport
    -after market command start -custom leather seats & seat warmers -supercharger -Airaid CAI -TRD exhaust -Nav system/stereo -King resi coil overs and shocks -dakar leaf packs -Box cover -locking tailgate mod -TRD quick shifter - bed extender -skid plate -bed mat
    I'm going to have to back out of the meet. Something has come up with work and I won't be able to make it. Sorry.

I will be watching for the next one though.

4. Aug 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Wouldn't 10 + 2 be a total of 12? So when are those UCA coming?

No worries, if everyone else is a maybe then I think we should reschedule it for a better date so we can have a bigger turn out.

Canada needs an equivalent to Expedition Expo.

5. Aug 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    There's a reason I'm in medicine. I don't do math...

It was actually 13 hours total.

UCA's are out my man. Like I said, if 4nik8r doesn't want them they're yours. (He's got first dibs. Feel free to fight him to the death for them though.)

Shizam!

As for the Gear Shop, I think people need to realize that it's a brand new entity. Until they get their feet under them, they have to get your order and bring it in. When they've become more established they'll have a lot more stock in stock. Regarding shitty customer service, I can't help you there. Everytime I've talked to the GearShop I've received extremely prompt attention and answers. Again, part of this is a learning experience for them. I think too many of us are used to companies like All Pro who have been around for years and got this shit nailed down to a science. Just remember back to when you first started your job the first year how green you were. Would you want people shitting on you for learning? Now if they've been around for 5 years and still making greenhorn mistakes; by all means shit away. But you have to remember there's how many people running the Gear Shop, doing this for pretty much the first time.

Now in the interest of full disclosure I haven't ever actually ordered anything from the Gear Shop (I get all my crap second hand from the rest of the CT4WD guys who upgrade. Only thing I've bought new is a Skid Plate, LED lights and 2 sets of tires. OME lift, UCA's, ARB, All Pro rear and my All Pro Long Travel, all second hand.) but to iterate, every time I've talked to both Nathan and Crista I've been impressed with the prompt, polite service I've received.

And as someone who works with the public on a daily setting I can tell when people are actually putting 110% into the work/conversation or just coasting by, telling me what I want to hear. The people at the Gear Shop are most definitely not the latter.

I don't believe that they'd be deliberately trying to fuck people over and outright lie to them for the sake of a single sale. That's not how you bring back repeat customers and especially when they're so new. It's not like they can rest on their laurels and let their good name coast them through. They're still working on that.

Anywho, I'm off my soap box.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  6. Aug 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    Fuse

Fuse Geologist

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 6MT
    Just got back from Montreal. I think I'll be missing the meet tonight....

Need a couple days of detox hahaha.

7. Aug 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    All depends on how my truck is. I lost a caliper bolt yesterday and its currently jury rigged with another bolt I happen to keep in my tool kit.

If it's still giving me issues, I'll have to bail. So I'm still tentative.

8. Sep 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    redsonja

redsonja Active Member

Member:
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    91 surf
    lots
    a6ebysu3_3f1a9261e73b3b16db63a19561fa293a36c31169.jpg
    It's alive

9. Sep 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Oh hai!

Those Maxxis?

10. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Canehdianman

Canehdianman New Member

Member:
    *peeks around corner*

Am I allowed in here if I drive a 2005 Tundra? Sort of a brother from another mother?

I've been debating trading my Tundra in for a 2014/2015 double cab Taco so I started lurking over here.

[​IMG]

11. Sep 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    ChiveOn

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    ^
    Welcome aboard mate!

The Tacoma's are awesome

12. Sep 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    You wouldn't be the first nor the last. Welcome!
    Nice V8!

13. Sep 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    Fuse

Fuse Geologist

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 6MT
    Love the color of that Tundra!

Ok everyone, talk me into (or out of) a steel front bumper.

AAAnnnnnnd....GO!

14. Sep 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Do it.
    What bumper are you looking at getting?

15. Sep 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    redsonja

redsonja Active Member

Member:
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    91 surf
    lots
    Anybody feel like wheeling tmrw?

16. Sep 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    ChiveOn

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Fuse, go with ARB :drool:

17. Sep 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Fuse

Fuse Geologist

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 6MT
    Was originally looking at the AllPro APEX series, mostly for the weight. But I've been reading some less then satisfying things about the quality of the powdercoating and fitment on some, so I've started to look into the ARB lately. Just not sure about that weight with my current suspension setup (5100's and stock TRD springs).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ARB is a decent bit heavier then the AllPro, right?

Dont want the front sag, and worried about the extra stress on my current setup. I'm mostly looking for animal protection for work, not so much winching or better approach.

18. Sep 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    Any more weight on the front end will cause it to sit lower than it is right now. Arb is the heaviest bumper I know of. The arb will most likely cause it to sag the most of any.

19. Sep 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    2012sporttrd

2012sporttrd Old Guy...In a Kids Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    N.Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC Long bed TRD Sport
    Stock w/access tonneau, Weathertech floor liners, OEM Bed Mat
    Im from Illinois in the USA ,I will be going through Calgary in late Sept. I am interested in seeing the Olympic sites ..Can someone suggest other sites of interest in the area to visit? My main trip will being Banff to Jasper..been the 2 times and love the views of the mts . and wildlife thanks for any info

20. Sep 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    snorola

snorola Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Canmore Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Dbl Cab
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Eibach 14" 650lb springs Camburg UCA's All pro expo springs OME rear shocks All pro front bumper All pro IFS skid All pro sliders SCS f5 matt black rims Lightforce blitz 240's
    stop in Canmore

Canmore > Banff ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top