1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cali Raised Lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Madriver, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dec 30, 2017 at 8:25 AM
    Madriver

Madriver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    I really appreciate that, thank you!

2. Dec 30, 2017 at 8:33 AM
    Too Stroked

Too Stroked Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South shore of Lake Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner SR5 Premium
    I just did since I have nothing to lose. Thanks for the suggestion.

3. Dec 30, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    Madriver

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    I ended up mounting them in the lower grill/opening below the main grill flushed. I opted not to mount behind the grill, just because when I use the light it will most likely be driving in the mountain roads or fire roads from fishing/hiking and was concerned about possible light blockage (wanted the maximum light out put) and just ordered a magnetic light bar cover from Caliraised--hopefully, it not too complicated to install.

4. Dec 30, 2017 at 11:27 AM
    CaliRaisedLed

CaliRaisedLed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texas (DFW)
    Pm responsed.

5. Dec 30, 2017 at 12:01 PM
    Too Stroked

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Just so everybody else knows, I was told they had a huge back order situation and my order was one of those held up. I was also told that the order should be shipping out today, so I'll be looking at the Tracking data to see if it actually does. Hopefully I will have my parts shortly.

crashnburn80 likes this.
  6. Dec 30, 2017 at 12:13 PM
    HSmith_11

HSmith_11 Tacoma Enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Madison, Va
    Vehicle:
    2001 Ext Cab SR5 4x4 MT
    5100/OME 881s 1.5" Progressive AAL 33x12.50X15 KO2s
    Mine came in earlier today so you shouldn’t have too long of a wait. I got mine delivered in less than a week which is pretty impressive for free shipping and from the opposite coast.

7. Dec 30, 2017 at 12:19 PM
    CaliRaisedLed

CaliRaisedLed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texas (DFW)
    Around 80+ orders done this morning yours is somewhere within the mix we are just waiting for UPS to come by

DFE47A41-FFA6-431A-904F-2544C26BAB63.jpg

8. Jan 9, 2018 at 11:13 AM
    Too Stroked

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Well, exactly a month after my credit card was originally charged, my order finally arrived today.

9. Jan 9, 2018 at 11:19 AM
    Madriver

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Installed the magnetic light bar cover; but, after a heavy storm the cover was gone, all that’s left was six little magnets attached to the magnets on the light bar that I glued on. It looks like the magnets came loose from the cover (which I received installed/glued from Cali Raised) and must have flung somewhere while driving!

10. Jan 9, 2018 at 11:26 AM
    HSmith_11

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Madison, Va
    Vehicle:
    2001 Ext Cab SR5 4x4 MT
    Have you contacted @CaliRaisedLed

11. Jan 9, 2018 at 3:39 PM
    Madriver

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Not yet, just noticed it this morning when got to work.

12. Jan 22, 2018 at 4:24 AM
    Too Stroked

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Well, I finally got both the time and decent enough weather to install my new CaliRaised LED bar with the Stealth Mounting Brackets. I thought I'd share something different about my install since a few of you may be in the same situation. That situation is having nobody round to help you. (The instructions say that having a second person makes the install go much easier.) So here's what I did differently.

The instructions say that for a second generation truck, one needs to remove the grill. Well, you do have to remove the fasteners along the top of the grill so that it tilts out just a bit, but removing it all together is not required.

Next, the instructions say to mount both mounting brackets loosely to the four studs holding the aluminum crash bar in place. They then go on to say that one needs two people to thread the LED bar down into the area behind the grill before attaching the bar to the brackets with the very small Allen head cap screws provided. Let me tell you, the area that those cap screws end up in is pretty tight. And trying to get them (and two washers) started and threaded in on a 90 degree angle with literally no line of sight would require two people - with twelve hands and 6 eyes!

So I decided to try something that required only one person with two normal sized eyes, arms and hands. First, I changed out the flat washers provided with the kit to something a bit larger. The provided washers didn't bridge the gap / hole in the mounting brackets fully. Next, I pulled the grill back a bit and threaded the LED bar down into the opening and set it on a towel I placed on the crash bar. (One person can easily do this.) Then I tilted the driver side end of the bar up slightly and loosely attached the mounting racket to the LED bar with the cap screw and washers. (I could actually see what I was doing and reaching it was no problem either.) Then I tilted the passenger side of the bar up slightly and loosely attached the bracket to that side. With everything together loosely, I carefully guided the passenger side mounting bracket down and onto the mounting studs before placing both nuts on loosely. I followed this with carefully guiding the driver side bracket into place and putting both of those nuts on. Everything I just mentioned can be done by one person from above with only the four crash bar nuts requiring you to go in from below.

As you might guess, everything except for the wiring was now loosely in place. So the next step was to loosely snug up the pivot / adjustment cap screws, followed by the four crash bar mounting nuts. Once I got everything leveled / aligned the way I wanted it, I tightened everything down. All that was left was wiring and final aiming.

BTW, unlike many of you, I ordered my LED bar with an "all spot beam" pattern. I have to tell you, although the beam pattern isn't as well defined as the "old school" halogen driving lights on my other vehicles, what it lacks in beam definition is more than made up for in volume. Said another way, I'm pretty sure I can burn the paint off of a tailgate in front of me at 100 yards. The only thing one has to be aware of is that as with any driving / spot / pencil beam light, proper aiming is critical to get the full benefit. And although aiming using my garage door got me close, going out to a long, dark, deserted road was required to get it perfect.

crashnburn80 likes this.
  13. Jan 22, 2018 at 5:13 AM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    I think it's the Millenium Falcon jumping into hyperspace.

14. Jan 22, 2018 at 6:38 AM
    HSmith_11

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Madison, Va
    Vehicle:
    2001 Ext Cab SR5 4x4 MT

boogie3478[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in