1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cali To Colorado

Discussion in 'Travel' started by billas333, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    So I am done with school next week and I am gonna be road tripping with a friend from nor cal all the way to good old colorado in the Tacoma. Never been out there but I have a friend living in breckenridge so I am going to go visit him. It would probably be mroe economical to get a rental car however I would prefer the comfort of my own truck.

The plan is to hit up Salt Lake in Utah, the head to Breckenridge for a couple days, Hit up Boulder and Denver for a day or two, then loop down to Colorado Springs. I may end up coming back to Cali through Arizona and hitting Vegas up for a night or two as well :) My friends brother is shipping back out to Afghanistan for a second tour and we are gonna send him off right.

The whole reason for the trip is to just get out of Cali for awhile and I am thinking about making a move to CO if I can get a job offer somewhere out there.

Any recommendations on places to go while in CO? Any bar recommendations?

Any gas donations? I take paypal haha

Figure the trip is gonna be about 3000 miles and if I drive without a lead foot I should be able to average 18mpg.

3000/18 = 167 gallons x 3.10 a gallon = 515 bucks in gas OUCH

2. Jun 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR
    back to bone stock.
    thinking of going from the bay area to denver myself. i will go in july. have a wedding. havent RSVP'd so still to be determined.

i have done that drive. not bad. i jammed thru Utah. lemme know how much gas you actually end up using. $515 sounds about right.

3. Jun 6, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Hit us CO guys up when you get out this way there is a ton of us that live in the Denver Metro area.

4. Jun 6, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra
    Sounds like a fun trip have a great time!

5. Jun 18, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    in breckenrdige til sunday morning now :)

trip is going great. Got 20mpg on my last tank.

9600ft up here in Breck and im outta breath walking around haha 1 beer = 2

6. Jun 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve sMo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    I used to hit up the Dillon Dam Brewery on the way back from snowboarding. I haven't been there for about 3 years but I remember them having a great happy hour on both drinks and food. Dillon is about 15 miles north of Breck right off of I-70. There's also a great little bar (or used to be) in Breck but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

dam.jpg

To Top