1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cali To Colorado

Discussion in 'Travel' started by billas333, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jun 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    So I am done with school next week and I am gonna be road tripping with a friend from nor cal all the way to good old colorado in the Tacoma. Never been out there but I have a friend living in breckenridge so I am going to go visit him. It would probably be mroe economical to get a rental car however I would prefer the comfort of my own truck.

The plan is to hit up Salt Lake in Utah, the head to Breckenridge for a couple days, Hit up Boulder and Denver for a day or two, then loop down to Colorado Springs. I may end up coming back to Cali through Arizona and hitting Vegas up for a night or two as well :) My friends brother is shipping back out to Afghanistan for a second tour and we are gonna send him off right.

The whole reason for the trip is to just get out of Cali for awhile and I am thinking about making a move to CO if I can get a job offer somewhere out there.

Any recommendations on places to go while in CO? Any bar recommendations?

Any gas donations? I take paypal haha

Figure the trip is gonna be about 3000 miles and if I drive without a lead foot I should be able to average 18mpg.

3000/18 = 167 gallons x 3.10 a gallon = 515 bucks in gas OUCH

2. Jun 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR
    OME lift. 884 coils, 1.5" AAL's installed on nonTSB leafs. front diff drop kit.
    thinking of going from the bay area to denver myself. i will go in july. have a wedding. havent RSVP'd so still to be determined.

i have done that drive. not bad. i jammed thru Utah. lemme know how much gas you actually end up using. $515 sounds about right.

3. Jun 6, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    OME 3 inch suspension lift Toytec 1in body lift Rodger brown diff drop ARB front bumper Big tires, but want bigger! :) Xrc 8000 winch Hella3000 lights Deck plate mod Diff breather relocate Cb radio 1st gen roll bar Addicted sliders Spider trax wheel spacers.
    Hit us CO guys up when you get out this way there is a ton of us that live in the Denver Metro area.

4. Jun 6, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Airbags, Projectors, Bilsteins front and rear, FM 50 series, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Duratrac's...
    Sounds like a fun trip have a great time!

5. Jun 18, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    in breckenrdige til sunday morning now :)

trip is going great. Got 20mpg on my last tank.

9600ft up here in Breck and im outta breath walking around haha 1 beer = 2

6. Jun 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve SMO

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2011 Quicksand FJC
    I used to hit up the Dillon Dam Brewery on the way back from snowboarding. I haven't been there for about 3 years but I remember them having a great happy hour on both drinks and food. Dillon is about 15 miles north of Breck right off of I-70. There's also a great little bar (or used to be) in Breck but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

dam.JPG

To Top