1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

California Moves Closer to Banning Open Carry & Registering All Long Guns

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Aug 18, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    California Moves Closer to Banning Open Carry & Registering All Long Guns
    Keep The Pressure On Stop Ab 1810 & Ab 1934.
    [​IMG] California Rifle and Pistol Association

Sacramento, Ca --(Ammoland.com)- Keep the pressure the legislature on AB 1810 and AB 1934.
    Voice your opposition!
    Both of these bills have made their way to the Senate, and the time for you to act is now! Use the CRPA website to CONTACT YOUR SENATOR TODAY and urge defeat of these bills!
    AB 1810 RIFLE AND SHOTGUN REGISTRATION
    AB 1810 SUMMARY: Applies the same regulations relating to the reporting and retention of records for handguns to long guns, as specified. Specifically, this bill conforms reporting and record retention provisions in order that transfers and information reporting and retention requirements for handguns and firearms other than handguns are the same.
    AB 1810 requires registration of rifles and shotguns in the same way handguns are now registered in California. Under current law, the information collected at the time of purchase of a rifle or shotgun (serial number, make, and model) is destroyed after the background check is completed. AB 1810 will require that the make, model, and serial number of the firearm, as well as the identifying information of the purchaser, be recorded and kept on file by the California Attorney General’s office. AB 1810 will also impose additional costs on firearms owners to maintain the registration system as well as on the state’s licensed firearms dealers and small businesses who already deal with extensive recordkeeping requirements
    Assembly Member Feuer, the author of AB 1810, claims that the registration of rifles and shotguns will help law enforcement track down criminals and persons prohibited from owning firearms. This logic is flawed. Studies have shown that violent criminals steal firearms to commit crimes and of course they do not comply with current law by registering their stolen handguns.
    It is already against the law to possess a stolen firearm or to possess any firearm if you are prohibited from possessing a firearm by law. And most criminals file off the serial numbers on guns used in crimes. In truth, the only persons impacted by this unnecessary proposed law are law abiding citizens.
    AB 1934 OPEN-CARRY BAN (Unloaded Handguns)
    AB 1934 SUMMARY: Makes it a misdemeanor for any person to carry an exposed an unloaded handgun outside a vehicle on his or her person while in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated city. Among other things this bill makes it a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed six months, by a fine not to exceed $1,000, or by both a fine and imprisonment when any person carries an exposed and unloaded handgun outside a vehicle on his or her person while in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated city, or in any public place or on any public street in a prohibited area of an unincorporated territory.
    AB 1934 deletes provisions of current law that allow a firearm to be carried openly in a belt holster. If this bill passes, the open carrying of an unloaded handgun will be illegal with few exceptions. For example, licensed hunters, fishermen, and campers that historically have carried a handgun in a belt holster would be prohibited from carrying a firearm in any prohibited area of an unincorporated area. This would include forest service roads, trails, and campgrounds.
    The problem with AB 1934 is that it does not provide a way for the average person to carry a firearm for self-protection or other legitimate purposes. The direction of this bill is contrary to common sense and the approach taken by most other states. For example, Arizona just passed a law allowing for concealed carry without a concealed carry license.
    THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING OUT AND HELPING TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHTS!
    The California Rifle and Pistol Association “CRPA,” founded in 1875, is dedicated to defending the rights of law-abiding citizens to responsibly use firearms for self-defense and the defense of their loved ones, for sport, and for all other legal activities. CRPA is the official state association of the National Rifle Association. A California non-profit association, CRPA is independently directed by its own Board of Directors. CRPA’s members include law enforcement officers, prosecutors, professionals, firearm experts, the general public, and loving parents. CRPA has always worked to reduce the criminal misuse of firearms and firearms accidents, while actively promoting and organizing the competitive shooting sports and Olympic training programs in California. We are proud to say that many CRPA competitors are among the best in the world.
    http://www.ammoland.com/2010/08/16/california-banning-open-carry-registering-all-long-guns/

2. Aug 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    We can all try as hard as we want. The politicians in this state just dont care. These laws will pass and we will be one step closer to banning guns all together. I hate CALIFORNIA!!!

3. Aug 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    mattcombs

mattcombs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    hazard kentucky
    Vehicle:
    SR5 tacoma 4wd
    3in revtec lisf westin step bars and westin bull bar and some other odds and ends
    hope yall get this lined out and stop progressive government . its gona keep speading until we do .good luck

4. Aug 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2

5. Aug 18, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    just as soon as my wife gets done with nursing school..i am selling my home and moving the eff out. ( i talk a big talk..my job rocks :))

if it comes to it..i will register my shotguns..and maintian my bowhunting lifestyle. cali blows.

6. Aug 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    H0LLYW00D

H0LLYW00D Well-Known Member

Member:
    i hope this doen't happen, we have stupid gun laws here in Kanada and wish they would change, and yes i ment to spell it with a K

7. Aug 18, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    "Yeah....I love this state".

I have no doubt it will pass, and our wonderful Rhino of a Governor will sign it into law.
    I'm glad I didn't vote for him.

I wonder in how long they will ban guns from Cops to use when on duty....just like in the U.K.

8. Aug 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    dam, i'll just keep my shotty in the house and run fools down with my truck in the streets

9. Aug 18, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    shocker01

shocker01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gordon
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    5100 Billies, drop-in k&n, deck plate, gray wire, Dynomax exhaust.
    Some people just refuse to "get it". Good Luck.

10. Aug 18, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    down were i live,it is illegal not to carry a gun

11. Aug 18, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    the ol' slippery slope argument... (i don't agree with you btw). won't happen.

12. Aug 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    AB1810 is not retroactive so it will only affect purchases of new long guns. All your existing long guns are safe from this proposed law.

AB1934 isn't so bad... It will have great unintended consequences for the anti's. Who cares anything about carrying unloaded handgun in open carry method? That's not self defense.

We in California are about 1 year away from getting concealed carry for the masses. We can thank the Calguns Foundation , Ed Peruta, Second Amendment foundation, and Alan Gura for the Heller and McDonald supreme court cases which have established so much for us.

Here are the two civil cases which may win carry for California.

Peruta v. County of San Diego
    Sykes v. McGinness

Products Discussed in

To Top