1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Call of Duty: WWII

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by gkomo, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 7, 2017 at 9:03 AM
    gkomo

gkomo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM AC SR5 4x4
    Anyone get to play the Beta? Just curious as to your thoughts? I didn't, however I am a big fan of the Call of Duty series so i'll most likely end up picking it up when it comes out. Getting burnt out on BO3.

2. Sep 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
    I've played COD since Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. After MW3, it started to get repetitive and I debated even continue buying them because of the lack of innovation. I've bought every one since for consoles up until Ghosts.

Wasn't a fan of the jet packs and unrealistic gameplay. That's what Halo was for, and it did it much better. They tried to innovate, and it didn't do much for me.

Now they're returning to the same gameplay as before, and from the videos on YouTube, it looks like they haven't done much for graphics or gameplay and a lot of old time fans like myself are bummed. The zombies mode has me intrigued though, but parts of it seem gimmicky so I feel like that mode will flop with me also.

On top of the gouging of players for the Pay to Play system with weapons and maps, COD has been dead to me for a while. I think it'll die in a couple years like Medal of Honor.

I've been playing BF1 and it has a higher learning curve, no doubt, but once you get the hang of it, it's a much better game for what you get price-wise.

Key-Rei likes this.
  3. Sep 20, 2017 at 11:04 PM
    Quadabaum

Quadabaum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    265/75R16 Falkens, ADS 2.5" Stage 3 Suspension, Go Fast Camper
    I played the beta and have to agree with @DustStorm4x4 for the most part. They returned to the World at war days (one of my favorite cods) but they changed the perk system up a lot, It is weird. Mechanics and graphics havent really improved a lot (I am playing on a PS4 pro) as compared to other up and coming games (Horizon zero dawn, excellent graphics). I quit playing after MW3 and I will most likely get this game just because theyre finally back to WWII and no more jet packs. Lol. My wife loves CoD (only game we really play together) and she liked it so you know what they say, happy wife, happy life.

DustStorm4x4 likes this.
  4. Sep 20, 2017 at 11:54 PM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
    I was actually really impressed after the campaign trailer. Those cutscenes look damn good. I just wish they spent the time and money on a new game engine so the entire game would look like that. They have the resources and money, they’re just lazy and would rather squeeze money out of these kid’s parents via micro transactions.

I haven’t bought a video game in a few years, besides BF1, so I actually Pre-Ordered WWII. I don’t really care if it’s good or not, I just want to play a new game. I still stick to everything I’ve said before but I’m pretty tired of playing the only 3 games I have lol.

Quadabaum likes this.
  5. Sep 21, 2017 at 12:01 AM
    Quadabaum

Quadabaum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    265/75R16 Falkens, ADS 2.5" Stage 3 Suspension, Go Fast Camper
    Same here. Lol. I will be playing it come Nov 3rd as well.

DustStorm4x4 likes this.
  6. Sep 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM
    gkomo

gkomo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM AC SR5 4x4
    Nice, so general consensus is it should be worth picking up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top