1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Discussion in 'South East' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. loco

loco Have Lockers will Travel!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Way too much...Click on the build thread!
    Hmmm I have one too...my issue is that my truck isnt totally level. I sit ass high...

2. Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    Tough as woodpecker lips...
    Icon Ext Travel COs w/700lb King ID springs Icon VS 2.0 Rear Shocks All-Pro Expo Leaf Pack TC UCA Retrofit Headlights Wet Okles Weathertech Floor Mats TRD Exhaust ATO rear bumper w/swing out tire carrier ARB bumper Smittybilt XRC8 ATO IFS, Tranny, Transfer, and gas tanks skid 4x Innovation DOM sliders w/kickout

Measure from the top of the bed down every 8-10" and mark. Then use a peice of painters tape to connect the dots with the edge of it.

3. Greywolf

Greywolf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner MGM Grey
    undercover tonneau color matched, wet okole seatcovers, n-fab step bars, AMP research bedstep, Maxtrac Spindles with toytec 3" ULK. 285-70-16 toyos and Fuel Throttle wheels
    I can make it out Sunday. can bring my jack and air compressor just need address and time

4. loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Planning on doing my 700 lb springs on Sunday...same address as the mod day thread.

5. PantherTaco

PantherTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora,
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road SR5 BSP
    mall crawler
    Linwood did you need any extra parts for the snorkel install that werent included with it? Just making a shopping list for tomorrow.

6. loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Airflow...FTW!

7. Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext Travel COs w/700lb King ID springs Icon VS 2.0 Rear Shocks All-Pro Expo Leaf Pack TC UCA Retrofit Headlights Wet Okles Weathertech Floor Mats TRD Exhaust ATO rear bumper w/swing out tire carrier ARB bumper Smittybilt XRC8 ATO IFS, Tranny, Transfer, and gas tanks skid 4x Innovation DOM sliders w/kickout

Well....I bought mine used and just swapped fenders. So my install knowledge of a snorkel is minimal :eek:

8. PantherTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road SR5 BSP
    mall crawler
    think i got it figured out. did you use a dremel to enlarge the 92mm hole?

9. Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    I took the fender off the donor truck, and put it on mine with the snorkel installed. I then attached the snorkel to my intake....install complete

10. PantherTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road SR5 BSP
    mall crawler
    I was referring to hose clamps and stuff like that. Hoping this install goes smoother than all the others so far :banghead:

11. Greywolf

Greywolf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner MGM Grey
    undercover tonneau color matched, wet okole seatcovers, n-fab step bars, AMP research bedstep, Maxtrac Spindles with toytec 3" ULK. 285-70-16 toyos and Fuel Throttle wheels
    I have A 3" in Lift to be installed if there is time

12. ponethousand

ponethousand Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    04 trd dc limited
    regeared, locked, armor, and stuff
    What up! Does anyone have any bike trays laying around that they want to get rid of. Just ordered a new mountain bike and need something to put on top of the bed rack.

13. loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    What kind of lift? Should be plenty of time for that. Not too hard of a job really.

14. Techoma

Techoma Safe Act is anything but!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Buffalo, NY... for now
    Vehicle:
    05, still missing Xfer case
    Cab Chop, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, Throttle Body spacer, Charcoal filter removed, OME 885s, Matrix Spindle lift up front w 5100's, ProComp extended travel on rear w\ 78 Chevy Blazer leaf for lift and smooth ride. Panasonic HU w cam, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Midland all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, HID fogs and HID Projectors in aftermarket housings, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, ScanguageII, Demellio Rock Crusher Sliders, Westin Bull Bar, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as multi colored rock lights. BAJA Roof Rack with ARB Awning and 4 6" LED combo lights mounted to it, Weathertechs front and rear, Wet Oaklies up front (n
    Ben,

What's your plan Sunday? Here or there ^^^ ?

15. ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    What'd you order?

16. Bandit

Bandit Rust Bucket

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SC
    Vehicle:
    Sr5 PreRunner debadged
    Frame swap on order
    Morning everybody! I'm picking up a GoPro to capture some freestyle jetski action... Anybody have a recommendation for which one I should get? Was looking at hero3 black edition. It will probably be helmet mounted 90% of the time and mounted on the jetski the other times.

17. Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    I just got an email from gropro saying they have a new one or are about to release a newer one. A hero3 mini if I can remember correctly. I didnt really research it, but it said smaller and more powerful:notsure: I would get the most recent model...IMO if you are going to shell out the cash, might as well be the best or most current option :rolleyes:

18. Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
  19. ponethousand

ponethousand Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    04 trd dc limited
    regeared, locked, armor, and stuff
    What up Chris!

Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29. Should be in end of the week or beginning of next week.

20. Techoma

Techoma Safe Act is anything but!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Buffalo, NY... for now
    Vehicle:
    05, still missing Xfer case
    Cab Chop, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, Throttle Body spacer, Charcoal filter removed, OME 885s, Matrix Spindle lift up front w 5100's, ProComp extended travel on rear w\ 78 Chevy Blazer leaf for lift and smooth ride. Panasonic HU w cam, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Midland all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, HID fogs and HID Projectors in aftermarket housings, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, ScanguageII, Demellio Rock Crusher Sliders, Westin Bull Bar, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as multi colored rock lights. BAJA Roof Rack with ARB Awning and 4 6" LED combo lights mounted to it, Weathertechs front and rear, Wet Oaklies up front (n
    Looks like Sunday is going to be a busy day.

Loco has work of his to do, ball joints on Chris, and lift for Greywolf.
    Ben has a Bumper and winch, I have to level out my bro-lean.

Since there's so many bigger jobs, Ben and I will be at my place. Not trying to compete... just want to make sure there's enough room and equipment.

I can't do Sat as it's moving day for my daughter.

We may roll over to Loco's after we're done if people are still there. If anyone wants to help Ben and I... that'd be great too.:D

To Top