1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. May 27, 2017 at 10:20 AM
    Boogyman

Boogyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Fox 2.0 IFPs, superbumps, LR UCA, Walker Evans and Dakars
    I might do that. I'm heading out to attempt to find something decent to eat in this town then to basspro and maybe LL bean over in Hampton

Casper66[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. May 27, 2017 at 10:48 AM
    VA SOFTACO

VA SOFTACO ...because who buys hard tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Beauregard
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma MGM OR DCSB
    Your on the northside. I don't venture up there much. Sand driving in OBX. Go to north beaches after you get OBX

3. May 27, 2017 at 10:50 AM
    Casper66

Casper66 grumpy ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Culpeper, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4wd super white (sold) '13 access cab SR5 4wd
    piddly stuff
    Go meet up with @VA SOFTACO somewhere he's a good guy may as well meet some locals

4. May 27, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    VA SOFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Beauregard
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma MGM OR DCSB
    I'm working a concert tonight or I would meet up. We are planning to drive to OBX Monday as long as I get the drivers side slider prepared and painted by tomorrow night.

5. May 27, 2017 at 11:05 AM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    I'm slightly spoiled being from charleston and working in the cooking industry and I can't find jack shit for good food. Is there anything worth eating here??

6. May 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM
    CorpsmanUp

CorpsmanUp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco DCLWB 6in lift 35s 4.56s, air lockers AP F&R bmpers warn 10k winch Rigid fogs & floods custom pro top shell
    6in procomp stage 2 lift with PC Coilovers, 35x12.50 Nitto MTs, Moto metal 18x10 with -44 offset HID and LED's everywhere, ladder bars, rear disk brake conversion, hood struts, K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series, pro comp skid plates, train horn, pa system, all silver trim inside painted black all pro apex front bumper with full hoops warn 10k winch, all pro high clearance rear bumper with custom door hinge tag holder, pro top custom windowless camper shell. ARB onboard air compressor, rear ARB air locker, 4.56 gears front and rear, waterport pressurized water system, pop and lock tailgate.
    Whats going on gents haven't been on in awhile with deployments and out and ins lol mostly been on the FB pages.

So i'm at a crossroads year and i'm going to start a riot on the FB pages haha i'm torn between the Icons and Kings cause 6in lift pro comp springs and completely shot at 40k miles and theres only a difference of about $300 on them kings being the cheaper end. With both I was looking at the C/Os with the resi's, adjustable valving and extended travel. Got the "Go ahead from the wife to finish the truck vs paying it off rght now and also looking at which gear ratio with lockers to go with for my 35s also torn between the 4.56 and the 4.88 ratios. 50% of my driving is Hwy with about 30% city and the other off road. Cant seem to get a good answer on which would be the better of the two for fuel economy but durability it looks like the 4.56s just trying to get back to around stock ratios as I geer hunt like crazy with all the weight of the bed cap bumpers winches gear and the 35s. On the hwy its a struggle to run 70 and stay in OD.
    Any and input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

7. May 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    4.56 and kings IMO

Do you have 35s currently? Your title says 33s. I'm running 35s on stock gears fully armored and a RTT and it does perfectly fine on the highway. It'll down shift pretty low if I have to climb a hill but I averaged 17mpg driving up here.

8. May 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco DCLWB 6in lift 35s 4.56s, air lockers AP F&R bmpers warn 10k winch Rigid fogs & floods custom pro top shell
    6in procomp stage 2 lift with PC Coilovers, 35x12.50 Nitto MTs, Moto metal 18x10 with -44 offset HID and LED's everywhere, ladder bars, rear disk brake conversion, hood struts, K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series, pro comp skid plates, train horn, pa system, all silver trim inside painted black all pro apex front bumper with full hoops warn 10k winch, all pro high clearance rear bumper with custom door hinge tag holder, pro top custom windowless camper shell. ARB onboard air compressor, rear ARB air locker, 4.56 gears front and rear, waterport pressurized water system, pop and lock tailgate.
    Ya currently on 35s haven't updated the bio on hear in awhile lots of new stuff and more coming haha.
    Those are the routes i'm leaning as well just trying not to spend almost 10Gs right now and hate it haha.
    Not sure what i'm doing wrong then?:notsure:
    But ya my MPG sucks and in OD at a true 70 through my GPS I'm only running like 1980RPMS or so and that's with the skinny pedal at the point of kickin in the passing gear on flat roads.

9. May 27, 2017 at 12:09 PM
    Abragus

Abragus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Suffolk, VA
    @CorpsmanUp I'd listen to this guy, he knows stuff and things.

@Boogyman check out this place if you want to try Korean fried chicken. https://g.co/kgs/rYTSI9 It's like fried chicken meets buffalo wings. Crispy freaken deliciousness.

Boogyman and CorpsmanUp like this.
  10. May 27, 2017 at 12:16 PM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Weird. I was doing 76 on the gps and doing just fine. But I'm a lot lower than you so probably lest resistance. I wouldn't think that much though. But 4.56 should be perfect for what you do. If you never did highway I'd get 4.88 for the extra power. Pulling way too many RPMs on the highway with 4.88s to efficient.

11. May 27, 2017 at 12:18 PM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Fucking love Asian food I'm down. Might go do that for lunch tomorrow. I'm making homemade ravioli tonight. Any of these Phô places around any good? I've seen a handful of them

Abragus[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. May 27, 2017 at 12:25 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    Not to sure myself I know if I run 80-85ish it feels great in OD but I try not to make a habit of that. You auto or manual?

13. May 27, 2017 at 12:26 PM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Automatic

14. May 27, 2017 at 12:28 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    Not sure then don't think that 2 inches or so would cause that much more drag but who knows might be the skinny pedal syndrome too :spy:

Boogyman[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. May 27, 2017 at 12:33 PM
    Abragus

Abragus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Suffolk, VA
    Newport News has a grip of Vietnamese people. Pho 79 is pretty good, I'd check out yelp and go from there bruh, I don't venture up that way too often. If you want to check out some cool history for Memorial Day, I'd recommend going to Yorktown or Williamsburg though. They have some good places to eat up there I'm sure.

VA SOFTACO likes this.
  16. May 27, 2017 at 12:37 PM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    I was mostly trying to kill time today while my gf is at work. I've still got a couple more hours to kill. I think tomorrow we're going to VA beach

17. May 27, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    VA SOFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Beauregard
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma MGM OR DCSB
    Let me know when and where you are going. I can help you out with directions or places to go or join you if I'm free

Boogyman[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. May 27, 2017 at 12:56 PM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    HUGE difference in a 2 to 3 inch suspension lift and a 6" drop bracket. You literally put a giant wind block on the bottom front of your truck creating nothing but a modified wind sock and pure turbulence going under the truck, hence the piss poor mileage numbers compared to a coilovers lifted truck running the same size tires.

Coot83 and Boogyman like this.
  19. May 27, 2017 at 1:05 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    Agreed bought it that way though so no turning back now. Only other option now would really be SAS haha which isn't going to happen anytime soon but hopefully in the future with a D4D or 4BT swap. But that'll be when i'm a millionaire:fingerscrossed:

20. May 27, 2017 at 1:31 PM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    You can get a cross member welded in. The prerunner to 4x4 conversion guys have it done and I can't remember who it was went from drop bracket to LT and had a cross member fabbed in. It's a pretty simple process if your good with a welding machine

Coot83 and CorpsmanUp[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top