1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. May 27, 2017 at 1:33 PM
    Boogyman

Boogyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Fox 2.0 IFPs, superbumps, LR UCA, Walker Evans and Dakars
    Sell your drop bracket lift and the money you get would easily pay for a fabricated cross member. I bet it would cost 200$ to have a custom one welded in

2. May 27, 2017 at 1:40 PM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    @CorpsmanUp
    Do et

3. May 27, 2017 at 1:40 PM
    CorpsmanUp

CorpsmanUp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco DCLWB 6in lift 35s 4.56s, air lockers AP F&R bmpers warn 10k winch Rigid fogs & floods custom pro top shell
    6in procomp stage 2 lift with PC Coilovers, 35x12.50 Nitto MTs, Moto metal 18x10 with -44 offset HID and LED's everywhere, ladder bars, rear disk brake conversion, hood struts, K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series, pro comp skid plates, train horn, pa system, all silver trim inside painted black all pro apex front bumper with full hoops warn 10k winch, all pro high clearance rear bumper with custom door hinge tag holder, pro top custom windowless camper shell. ARB onboard air compressor, rear ARB air locker, 4.56 gears front and rear, waterport pressurized water system, pop and lock tailgate.
    True but also my DD and no welder right now nor am I super great at it. For now I have to stick with what I have honestly. Know its doable I think it was Aaron Arf or Ryan Lemons if I recall that Phil Ketsdever was telling me about that did it.

Boogyman[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. May 27, 2017 at 2:22 PM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    @AaronArf

5. May 30, 2017 at 4:33 AM
    m.reed.1

m.reed.1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TACOMA TRD OFFROAD 4WD
    A few
    dammit! its been a good long while for sure!

Techoma likes this.
  6. May 30, 2017 at 10:03 AM
    BillBraski

BillBraski Potato

Member:
    VA Tidewater Area
    Vehicle:
    2017 White TRD Off Road
    Tacoma Tailgate Lettering LED interior lights
    Im also looking for a place to get dirty without scratching the truck up too bad. So far all Ive done is OBX, i heard there was an ez trail somewhere in dismal.

Also, having a little BBQ june 10 if youre in the Franklin area with nothing better to do. Shoot me a message.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  7. May 30, 2017 at 10:08 AM
    m.reed.1

m.reed.1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TACOMA TRD OFFROAD 4WD
    A few
    you guys check this out... its a social experiment to see if there is enough interest in an Amazon item, the price will drop! its already proven to work on items! Just go to the items page we are talking about and add it to your wish list. after a few days and enough interest, we should see the price start to drop. You can go to camelcamelcamel.com and check on the items we've already posted (like the dewalt drill) and you'll see a price decrease over the past few days due to the amount of people adding it to wish list. You do not have to commit to buying anything, just add it to your list if you're wanting to try the experiment with us and if you like the price and item, wait a few days and then click the buy button!
    This is the first post explaining it
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/plano-box-group-buy-an-amazon-experiment.490673/#post-15113591

And this is my post pertaining to a handheld HAM radio
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...mazon-experiment.490673/page-33#post-15265394

DaveEli and VA SOFTACO like this.
  8. May 30, 2017 at 2:29 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    Do it...I went from DB to +2 LT, with bucket, cam and spindle gussets over a weekend.

Had lots of great guys helping but it can be done!

9. May 30, 2017 at 2:57 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco DCLWB 6in lift 35s 4.56s, air lockers AP F&R bmpers warn 10k winch Rigid fogs & floods custom pro top shell
    6in procomp stage 2 lift with PC Coilovers, 35x12.50 Nitto MTs, Moto metal 18x10 with -44 offset HID and LED's everywhere, ladder bars, rear disk brake conversion, hood struts, K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series, pro comp skid plates, train horn, pa system, all silver trim inside painted black all pro apex front bumper with full hoops warn 10k winch, all pro high clearance rear bumper with custom door hinge tag holder, pro top custom windowless camper shell. ARB onboard air compressor, rear ARB air locker, 4.56 gears front and rear, waterport pressurized water system, pop and lock tailgate.
    Anyone have any shop recommendations on who could set up front and rear ring and pinion sets with ARB lockers in the area? The only place I've managed to find (Eastern Truck) out of 12 shops I've called quoted me 2G's with me supplying the parts which seems high but maybe not never had it done.

TIA

10. May 30, 2017 at 4:23 PM
    AaronArf

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    East Coast Gear Supply (ECGS)

Buy built thirds, install and send them your cores

DaveEli likes this.
  11. May 30, 2017 at 6:10 PM
    CorpsmanUp

Member:
    First Name:
    Gibby
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    This is also an option just never done anything on the diffs on any vehicle always been body work engine and transmission. I'm assuming it's just disconnect yoke slide axles out put the 3rd member in slide axels in bolt everything back up or something like that.

Just to figure something out tomorrow so I can get a free $300 compressor from ARB with the 2 locker purchase. Just a little sketchy as it's my DD and don't want to bite off more than I can chew in a weekend.

12. May 30, 2017 at 8:24 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I regeared my truck with assembled thirds from ECGS and did it by myself, first time ever swapping diffs. Not too difficult just time consuming. @MonkeyProof on here has a good writeup to check out, I printed his DIY thread and followed it step by step.

VA SOFTACO and MonkeyProof like this.
  13. May 31, 2017 at 3:05 PM
    FrustrationFabTaco

FrustrationFabTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Lexington, VA
    Vehicle:
    11 Duramax Grandpa Truck Special
    :spy:
    You should just buy my truck, already has gears and an ARB up front (elocker rear) ;)

14. May 31, 2017 at 3:29 PM
    AaronArf

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB

You don't have to install the front and rear the same day...its the way to go if you are gonna do it. Don't pay a shop in VB to do a shitty job, ECGS builds hundreds a year WITH a lifetime warranty.

FrustrationFabTaco likes this.
  15. Jun 1, 2017 at 5:38 AM
    cgff

cgff Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017,double cab,4x4 3.5, MGM
    Just dropping in to say hello, New member here.
    Tidewater area, formerly from NC via LI

VA SOFTACO, Incognito and DaveEli like this.
  16. Jun 1, 2017 at 5:39 AM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    5 year warranty! They stand behind their product, not a dime out of my pocket for warranty work from them.

17. Jun 1, 2017 at 5:52 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Not sure if you are still there, but good luck man. I lived there for ten years and everything there was mediocre at best. I was convinced if I started an authentic Mexican food joint I would probably kill the market.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Boogyman[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jun 1, 2017 at 6:04 AM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    You could open anything that's good food and kill the market. So many resturant chains up there. I'll be back and forth between here and there for the next year and I might move up for a couple months before I leave for basic training

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jun 1, 2017 at 6:15 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I am just so surprised with the amount of bullshit Mexican chains that they have there that not ONE is even competitive to what is 3 hours north in the northern va area. Give it enough time, I bet you someone goes down there with a new location from here and turns those places upside down.

For the record though, there used to be a chronic greek place called Yanni's over in the VA beach area by Damneck. That place was 100% authentic. Sad part was all my old co workers never even tried the place...they shutdown due to the owner wanting to retire. Their weekend deserts were so good.

Abragus and VA SOFTACO like this.
  20. Jun 1, 2017 at 6:36 AM
    Boogyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Shit I've yet to find a good Mexican resturant as good as the places on the west coast. There's a place in Greenville that's pretty close but I'd go for a day drive for some super authentic Mexican food lol.
    The food scene could be just as good as the Charleston area with being on the coast and access to really good and fresh sea food. Do a high end southern flair resturant with fresh ingredients and you'd murder the market and every foodie in a 100 mile radius would flock to it.
    Might be a good retirement plan lol

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top