1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camburg or Light Racing?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jspadaro, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Jun 1, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Tough time deciding what to do. I want to lift about 1.75" or so, I want new UCAs just to be safe and do it "right", but I'm not sure I really want to chuck out $700 on total chaos UCAs.

I was thinking of going either Light Racing or the ball-joint Camburg's I've heard some not so great reviews of the LRs, so I'm wondering if anyone has used the camburg UCA that uses your original ball joint.

Is not having a uni-ball that big a deal? What are it's limitations? I'm assuming it'll still bring my alignment in check.

2. Jun 1, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    You might not need UCAs at 1.75"... but if you do, I've been very pleased with my Camburg balljoint UCAs: No noise, no maintenance, smooth, corrected my caster, look good, allow alot more droop/tuck, and if you do it yourself they're your cheapest option.

The only reason you would need a Uniball type is if you do some REAL serious rough stuff: high speed, jump, heavy rock-crawling. The Uniball design is far stronger than a ball-joint, BUT it's a trade off as the Uniball needs some maintenance, cost more than double, can be noisy, and you still are left with a ball-joint on your LCA.

The uniball is superior, but the camburg Ball-joint UCA is still bounds ahead of the stock UCA... you won't be dissappointed.

Products Discussed in

To Top