1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camburg spindles + OME Complete kit?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dira1987, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mar 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    dira1987

dira1987 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Chandler AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 LT Prerunner
    Metal.
    Ok so ive been posting to the forum about what goes with these camburg 4in spindles as well as ust doing a ton of research as to what i want to gain from the lift, use, and compatibility. What if i combine the spindles with the COMPLETE OME SUSPENSION SYSTEM WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED for 05-CURRENT TACOMA: 1069.00? My big thing is not losing tow capacity but getting my front end up for the trails. Here's the website for the kit.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

What do you guys think? Is it compatible? Is it a waste of the spindles? Good deal? Stupid move? Thanks for the advice everyone i appreciate it!

2. Mar 5, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    It's a good move if you want 7" of lift. The spindles will give you 4 and then the OME kit will give you another 3". There's no reason they wouldn't be compatible, because all the camburg singles are doing is moving your hub down 4", and keeping all other geometry stock.

3. Mar 5, 2011 at 5:34 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    Interesting

4. Jul 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    JoMo's Taco

JoMo's Taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    La Quinta
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Dlb Cab
    Camburg 4" Spindles, OME Front Shocks and Coils, All Pro Runner Rear Shocks, 3" Block, GrillCraft grill, Pioneer Deck, Custom Tacoma Bed Mat, Dash Lights, Razo 11.8" Rear View Mirror, 5% Rear Tint, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Devil Horns Emblem...
    How did this turn out? I have been trying to find someone that did this! I have the same OME kit and am looking at some Camburg spindles.... Any pics?!

5. Jul 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    dira1987

dira1987 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Chandler AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 LT Prerunner
    Metal.
    I didnt end up going with the OME front shocks and camburg spindles. Instead i went with the spindles and the icon coilover shock. I am glad i didnt go with the OME shocks and spindles i think that would have been a very stiff ride. You might be at 5 or 6 inches in the front after settling in the front but you would have a pretty rough ride i would think. I love the OME leafs in the rear but they are not the smoothest ride either. If you decide to go that route though let me know i could be wrong. Good luck!

To Top