1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camburg Trail Series +2 LT

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by roguegs, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Apr 28, 2022 at 5:57 PM
    01 dhrracer

01 dhrracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palm Desert/Bermuda Dunes
    Vehicle:
    Still Shopping
    Ever since I decide to go with and have gone with JD/Harry I have not paid much attention to the others. The point I was trying to make was to start with the foundation (LCA mounts). What ever arms one uses why bolt the onto the flimsy factory mounts. So go with JD's mounts then you might as well use all there products and you will have the piece of mind it will all work together as designed.

Sharp Tacoma likes this.
  2. Apr 28, 2022 at 8:25 PM
    Kombi

Kombi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 97 Fjz80 01 Tundra

I don't disagree, I am going with JD's kit

01 dhrracer[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Nov 12, 2022 at 5:37 PM
    GoldenTaco27

GoldenTaco27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB TRD Off Road
    @hungoverland on IG, King 2.5" EXT Travel w/ Archive Garage shock relocation, Icon RXT leafpack, 285 Nitto M/T's, bronze Raceline Defender wheels, TJM front/rear bumpers, TJM Sliders, Prinsu Cabrac, Katzkin leather, RSI Smartcap EVO topper, OV Tuned, MESO everything, Spyder headlights and tail lights, center mounted infant restraining system (CMIRS) \m/
    Would like to resurrect this thread and see if anyone has experience with this Trail Series… I’m ready to make the plunge, but would love to hear some first hand experience.

4. Nov 12, 2022 at 5:50 PM
    Dayman Karate

Dayman Karate Fighter of the night man, champion of the sun

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mostly reg ass vehicles for once
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/daymans-karate-class-but-you-wont-learn-nothin-4-link-lt-and-previous-iterations.755134/
    I think most people are doing the JD fab +2.25 kit. A lot more folks seem to be running it and having great results. Great, active thread on it, too.

GoldenTaco27[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Nov 13, 2022 at 4:19 PM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    @hungoverland on IG, King 2.5" EXT Travel w/ Archive Garage shock relocation, Icon RXT leafpack, 285 Nitto M/T's, bronze Raceline Defender wheels, TJM front/rear bumpers, TJM Sliders, Prinsu Cabrac, Katzkin leather, RSI Smartcap EVO topper, OV Tuned, MESO everything, Spyder headlights and tail lights, center mounted infant restraining system (CMIRS) \m/
    Yeah I see that. Still would love to hear some first hand knowledge on Camburg’s setup as I have always been a Camburg fanboy and it’s 15-20 minutes from my house.

6. Nov 16, 2022 at 4:32 PM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    Well... I pulled the trigger on this setup despite not hearing any first hand experience. The fact that Camburg is local to me, the slapper bumpstop design, and heimed LCA/UCAs are what made me go with them. I should have some info January with how it feels.

a2lowvw, Buttskevin21 and bhova like this.
  7. Dec 8, 2022 at 1:23 PM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    Bump... Still nobody with this setup? Hard to believe that the crazy volume of Tacoma's (within a 50 miles radius of Camburg's shop) do not have this and/or not active on TW. I went with the billet UCA to get heims (and IG clout haha) rather than bushings as well as the slapper bumpstop with the black Friday pricing (15% off) all installed for $9400... just waiting for them to get the bumps from King. Hoping I am not making the mistake I did years ago settling for the Icon stage 2 when I ended up going kings 18 months later by getting this and ultimately wishing I went with their full LT setup. Time will tell....

8. Jan 2, 2023 at 10:33 AM
    af73

af73 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Tacoma TRD Sport DC
    @GoldenTaco27 I just ordered this setup as I can reuse my OEM length extended travel Fox 2.5 DSC's with the Camburg setup. I did extensive research and went back and forth with Camburg before ordering. They indicated that the trail series LT was designed around the OEM length extended travel shock and that I should get the full amount of travel from the system when it's installed. Have you installed yours yet, what kind of clearance and numbers are you getting? I really like the slapper design and the look of the billet upper control arms!

9. Jan 2, 2023 at 11:10 AM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    Still waiting on King to get my bumps in I guess, but should be this month. Really looking forward to getting this done though

10. Jan 2, 2023 at 11:17 AM
    af73

af73 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Tacoma TRD Sport DC
    I am excited as well! I don't need full length LT, even thought I have 3.5" glass being installed front and rear. I just want my truck more capable for the mountains and area I live in. Have you received your kit already, how do the Kinetik arms look? How about the lowers? Will the lowers give more ground clearance?

11. Jan 2, 2023 at 9:46 PM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    I haven’t received a thing yet as I am having it installed at Camburg when all parts are in. The kinetics look awesome… pretty overkill for a mid travel build, but at this point… why not haha

12. Jan 23, 2023 at 9:48 AM
    Strekcorp

Strekcorp Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo TRD Pro
    Magnuson TVS 1900
    @GoldenTaco27 I ordered the kit as well on black friday but am still waiting for delivery. Question for you, are you just deleting the sway bar or are you going to try to get the total chaos to fit? In theory it should work (2'' wider a side). I also went with the billet uppers but did not do the slappers yet.

13. Jan 23, 2023 at 11:24 AM
    bhova

bhova Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    805/SoCal
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD OR 4X4
    Icon delta joint UCA and ADS 2.5 coilover. All Pro expedition leaf springs w/Bilstein shocks.. TRD catback exhaust. Bushwacker fender flares. TRD Supercharger. 3 degree cam gear. LRA 33 gallon fuel tank. CBI front bumper. Fab Four rear bumper. All Pro sliders. Anytime fr/rr camera. 315 STT pros
    Same boat as you waiting for delivery. Called Camburg directly to ask sway bar question. They said it’s obsolete after this kit is installed.

Strekcorp[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jan 23, 2023 at 11:32 AM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    I have had a bluetooth sway bar already-- i now have a taco yacht

15. Jan 23, 2023 at 11:40 AM
    bhova

bhova Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    805/SoCal
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD OR 4X4
    Icon delta joint UCA and ADS 2.5 coilover. All Pro expedition leaf springs w/Bilstein shocks.. TRD catback exhaust. Bushwacker fender flares. TRD Supercharger. 3 degree cam gear. LRA 33 gallon fuel tank. CBI front bumper. Fab Four rear bumper. All Pro sliders. Anytime fr/rr camera. 315 STT pros
    Doesn’t the sway bar limit the full capability of extended travel coilovers? And this is the only long travel kit that allows the use of oem style coilovers, wouldn’t the sway bar then make this kit just a very expensive mid travel?

16. Jan 23, 2023 at 12:38 PM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    JD Fab has something similar that is actually more popular it seems. The sway bar limits articulation for sure and you can delete it and get the same benefits on an OEM truck right off the lot. With that said, cornering speed is reduced due to the increase in body roll. I just revalved my fronts to be stiffer compression and looser rebound as well as throwing on a 650lbs coil and my truck still sways way more than with the bar on.

17. Jan 23, 2023 at 2:52 PM
    bhova

bhova Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    805/SoCal
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD OR 4X4
    @GoldenTaco27 be a great opportunity to ask about sway bar at your install. be curious to hear their explanation

GoldenTaco27 likes this.
  18. Jan 24, 2023 at 9:45 AM
    GoldenTaco27

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Long Beach Ca
    Vehicle:
    Does anyone know a good thread that discusses valving of shocks? I cant seem to find any but feel like people on here would be "experts" with good intel.

19. Jan 24, 2023 at 10:20 AM
    desertjunkie760

desertjunkie760 @DesertJunkie760 (IG)

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Check My Sig.
    There really isn't one dedicated thread. You kind of have to linger and jump into conversations as they present themselves as it's not a simple topic. The LT BS thread occasionally has some good insight if you don't mind the BS part of it. lol

20. Jan 24, 2023 at 11:26 AM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Yep. I posted all of my annoying valving questions in the BS thread and got a ton of help.

Products Discussed in

To Top