1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camburg UCA squeak

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DNG, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dec 16, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Does the squeek/qreek happen if you are stopped and steer left and or right?

I have/had the same issue with mine only when I turn the steering wheel a few times while stopped, I was told my Camburg to go take them offroad and apply Tri-Flow with PTFE in it afterwards. I still get sqeeking and qreeking but not nearly as much. I have recently been told that this is a usual complaint using the Camburgs.

2. Feb 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    i have the same problem from time to time with my tc uca's. when it gets wet it stops. it is the bushings rubbing up against the washers. i stopped mine by getting some triflow (the same stuff you use on the uniball), and applying it at both sides of the grey uca arm, where it meets the washers (in 4 points). apply at the top of the crack and let it run down. soak it some, after a day or 2 of driving, it will work its way down and the squeak will go away. it is a easy fix. i bought new bushings for mine and was going to replace them. i was like, hold on, if it stops when wet then
    the triflow should take care of it. i have about 50,000 on my ucas.

3. Feb 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    i have plenty of grease in mine also.

4. Mar 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    radiagojr

radiagojr Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rene
    Hayward,Norcal
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4x4
    Tire 265/75/17 HD series rims Icon extended travel coil over icon add a leaf camburg uca painted all emblems and grill black
    Dng did you ever solve you squeaking problem.i have been having the same problem and I only had this camberg uca for 8 months. Sound goes away when it is raining.

5. Apr 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM
    Vanhuette

Vanhuette Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    2006 double cab TRD sport
    same thing with the TC UCA's. goes away when its raining, then comes right back. I was told it was the uniball so I've been using dry lube on it, but literally works for 24 hours or less before the squeak comes back (if it was gone at all). Could be the bushings, i didn't try to lube those so ill try that now.....

Ive read that you're not supposed to use wet lube/grease on them. Any input on that would be great

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top