1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camburg UCA's vs there new ball joint upper arms

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toyota Man, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Jul 20, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    Toyota Man

Toyota Man [OP] Toyota Man

Member:
    Oregon, Centeral Willamette Valley
    Vehicle:
    11' DCSB TRD super charged off road
    TRD super charger, TRD cold air intake, and exhaust. Downey coil overs coming soon
    Hey I see Camburg has a new upper a arm listed using factory toyota ball joints. Does anybody have any experince using this set up yet. Your over all opinion would be appriciated. What do you see as the benifits to using the uniball vs the factory ball joints. The price is quite different. I use my truck for moderate off roading and have been thinking about the UCA's but am thinking that the cheaper ones give me more money for other toys when the ones using stock ball joints would work nicely. Does anybody know if these make a difference for spacer kits like Revtek or just coil overs. Thanks

Camburg 1 1/4"Uni Ball upper A-Arms
    [​IMG]
    $699.00 Parts
    $200.00 labor
    These arms incorporate the same huge 1.250" uni-balls and spacer design like our Long Travel kit. The 1.250" uniballs yield far more angle than the 1" uni-balls in our previous design. Also used in the new UCA design is our all new spacers with the upper bolt recessed into the top spacer. This allows 1.250" more clearance from our old design allowing more compression wheel travel than before. For the hardware we went all out utilizing 12-point race hardware and heat treated stainless spacers. Also note the stainless clamps for your ABS lines on the arm. The design or these arms incorporate caster and camber correction needed when lifting the Toyota trucks as well as superior strength and more wheel travel.
    CAMBURG Ball Joint Upper A-Arms
    [​IMG]
    $399.00 Parts
    $200.00 Labor
    MORE INFO HERE

2. Jul 20, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    just cheaper, cuz it re uses your stock balljoint is about it I think.
    If you go with longer travel coil overs you may want the uniball for more flex/droop/travel.

3. Jul 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD super charger, TRD cold air intake, and exhaust. Downey coil overs coming soon
    oakley TRD so you did go with the uniball uca is stead of the ball joint uca?

4. Jul 20, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ah I read your bio and I see you went with uniball. Your happy with them. No problems?

5. Jul 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    I got the total chaos ones and yes most idiots at the alignment shops do not know how to do it. took 4 times for the rocket scientists at sears to get it right. but then again, you go to sears and you usually get someone just starting their automotive repair career.

6. Sep 17, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    Snyperx

Snyperx Seniore Marcos

Member:
    I run the Camburg ball-join UCAs. They do not just "look pretty", but actually help fix the geometry of the front end after a lift. The only difference between the two UCAs is one is uni-ball and the other uses stock ball-joints. You also lose a tiny bit of additional flex from ball-joint UCAs compared to the uni-ball UCAs. I didn't see the need to pay the higher price for only a small gain in the additional flex of the uni-ball UCAs. I am happy with them so far. As for alignment I took my truck to a specialty shop that specializes in custom suspensions. They dialed it in perfect. I would NEVER take a vehicle to Sears to have it aligned, not even a stock vehicle.

7. Jul 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM
    bruth

bruth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Alamo ca
    Vehicle:
    2000 access cab 4x4 Tacoma
    Total chaos is currently shipping
    I was wondering if the Ball joint uppers would work with my tacoma. I have a 6in fabtech lift already. Im also looking to upgrade to fullcoilovers instead of my stupid fabtech coil spacers.

Products Discussed in

To Top