1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camera Decision Help

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Dr_Kevorkian, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jan 18, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    cool, I would have gotten a nikon if I had any intention of getting into the high end bodies, but I don't so I like having the option of mounting any canon lens and having AF (well not the really old ones:D).

Plus you can't beat the canon loyalty program.

2. Jan 18, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    meirvin

meirvin Today was a good day, I didn't have to use my AK

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport LB
    Tinted Windows, HomeLink, Kennwood 7180 Navigation, DIAMOND AUDIO D161.5 6.5" Component Speakers- front, DIAMOND AUDIO D161.5i 6.5" Coaxial Speakers-Rear, Rockford Fosgate P 400-2, Rockford Fosgate P 400-4, JL subwoofer, Viper 5902 remote start/alarm, Coverall Bed Cover, Magnaflow Muffler, Redline Hood Struts
    Nikons autofocus is better but only almost as good as canons in the pro line up at least

3. Jan 26, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    Gitmo

Gitmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    ...comparing canon and nikon is comparing apples to oranges. Two completely different camera companies. You can't go wrong with either one, they're the two top camera manufacturers in the world. It all comes down to personal preference. If you're on a budget, then weigh out which brand gives you the most features for your money.

I went with nikon along time ago and now have invested in multiple lenses so it wouldn't make sense to switch over to canon now...but if you only have the camera and the kit lens (or no lens at all) then sure, switch over to canon if that's what you like more ;).

Don't listen to the biased opinions on which company is better...all that matters is what you're more happy with.

Products Discussed in

To Top