1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camping at Harding Point Sedona

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Devog7, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Apr 1, 2015 at 10:19 PM
    Devog7

Devog7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hermitage PA
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB TRD-Off Road
    N2 Remote start, TRD Pro Grille, Pop & Lock,
    Has anyone camped at Harding point in Sedona? or done another dispersed camping site near Sedona. I'm planning a camping trip up there in a few weeks but all of the campgrounds are reserved and I don't think we can make it in time for the walk up sites. My main concern with Harding point is I will have a stock SUV in the group and not sure if they can make it, any info is greatly appreciated.

2. Apr 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM
    GTABurnout

GTABurnout Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Crewmax Rock Warrior TRD SC
    Icons, TRD Supercharger, TRD Exhaust, TRD Intake
    Not a campground just a primitive site! But, if you go out of Sedona on Schnebly Hill Road and cross the border (cattle guard) from the Red Rocks District into the Coconino Forest and go a quarter mile or so there is a campsite on your right. It is relatively close to the road but it is quiet up there after dark. After you exit the Red Rocks District border you will make a tight right curve, then a slight left, the a sweeping left curve and the site will be just after that on the right.

3. Apr 2, 2015 at 3:42 PM
    Cannonball

Cannonball Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 diesel / 1979 Jeep CJ-5
    Don't know about Harding Point, but I have been looking on Google Earth at some areas north of the Red Rock wilderness Areas on the west side of 89A. Looks like you can take the first left past the rest area at the top of 89 (heading north) and go west on forest road 535 and then work your way back south to some areas overlooking Oak Creek Canyon.

4. Apr 2, 2015 at 6:40 PM
    cytocycle

cytocycle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Expedition Build - 2012 TRD Off-Road
    4.88, Radflo 2.5" Resi,ARB Front Bumper with fogs, TJM 9,000 synthetic rope winch with Pro-Link, AllPro Bolt on Sliders with fill plates, Asfir Aluminum Front Skid, Mid Skid, Gas Skid, Transfer Skid, AllPro Shackle flip kit with Timbern, CBI HC rear Bumper, Rigid Mesh Grill with 20" LED bar, White Sport Grill Opening, ARB Dual Compressors and 2 gallons of air tanks for air tools, Dakar Leaf Pack+2,front sway bar delete, Camburg UCA's, Stainless Steel Brake Lines on all wheels fixed mushy brakes, UltraGuage
    Sadly the forest service had that area closed 2 weekends ago (gated right off the freeway). So call before hand to find out.. we were intending to camp on that ridge and couldn't. all the roads at higher elevation to flagstaff were all closed. The forest service hasn't had the time/manpower to run them and open them.

5. Apr 2, 2015 at 9:51 PM
    Devog7

Member:
    Hermitage PA
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB TRD-Off Road
    What was closed Schnebly Hill Road or harding point off of 89A?

Thanks for the feedback guys I really can't believe how fast all of the campsite get reserved up there.

6. Apr 3, 2015 at 7:44 PM
    cytocycle

cytocycle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Expedition Build - 2012 TRD Off-Road
    4.88, Radflo 2.5" Resi,ARB Front Bumper with fogs, TJM 9,000 synthetic rope winch with Pro-Link, AllPro Bolt on Sliders with fill plates, Asfir Aluminum Front Skid, Mid Skid, Gas Skid, Transfer Skid, AllPro Shackle flip kit with Timbern, CBI HC rear Bumper, Rigid Mesh Grill with 20" LED bar, White Sport Grill Opening, ARB Dual Compressors and 2 gallons of air tanks for air tools, Dakar Leaf Pack+2,front sway bar delete, Camburg UCA's, Stainless Steel Brake Lines on all wheels fixed mushy brakes, UltraGuage
    Schnebly hill Road off I-17.. sorry for not being clearer on that

7. Apr 7, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    Devog7

Member:
    Hermitage PA
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB TRD-Off Road
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to call before we hit the road.

Products Discussed in

To Top