1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camping in the cold at Northwest River Park

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Fenwick1993, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Nov 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 [OP] Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Stonewall Jackson, '96 Xtracab, rebuilt motor
    Full rebuild short of machine work, mean green motherfucker! Lime green block, hand-polished valve cover, and stickers! Too broke for real mods right now. Stonewall is my baby, but he's also a work truck.
    Going camping tonight with some friends I haven't seen in two years. (since I graduated) Gonna light a fire, do some fishin, and hole up in the tent with the girls when it gets too cold. ;)
    About to head out in a few minutes- With how many people are going, we all only have to pay $5 each for the lot. Got my big 8-person tent, fishin pole, tarp, clothes, long johns, football, a saw- the works! Gonna have some fun tonight and tomorrow, and I'll post some pictures when I get back, I reckon.

Cheers!

2. Nov 17, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Full rebuild short of machine work, mean green motherfucker! Lime green block, hand-polished valve cover, and stickers! Too broke for real mods right now. Stonewall is my baby, but he's also a work truck.
    Well, it kinda sucked. I'm back home early because everyone but me wanted to go home as soon as we woke up, because it was cold. (It's November- of course it's cold!) Only four other people showed up, out of the twelve that said they were coming, and half of us didn't get in until about seven last night- and the two people that I gave my tent to so they could set camp (since they didn't have work yesterday and I did) couldn't figure out how to set it up, so I put it up myself when I got there- and none of them could start a fire, so I did that too. I also bought pretty much all the food for the trip. I also ended up paying a three dollar toll nobody warned me about, and had to pay for two of the others to get in, because they didn't have their $5.

Lesson is, I will never go camping with these folks again, because they don't know how to camp- I just end up doing everything and wind up with nothing left.

3. Nov 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR
    OME lift. 884 coils, 1.5" AAL's installed on nonTSB leafs. front diff drop kit.
    how cold?

trip sounds like a bummer..

4. Nov 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    It got to 28 degrees that night. Not terribly cold, but cold enough to where you know it's COLD!
    Yeah, the trip stunk. I don't think I'll be going camping with those folks again, because I'll just end up doing everything again. :p

5. Nov 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    bash42

bash42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tacoma Access Cab 2.7L 4x4 5spd

we should set up a camping trip. Like out in the woods, near a river for some fishing. No campgrounds lol....

i'd love to be able to take my truck camping with some like minded folks!:cool:

To Top