1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camping&Wheeling COLORADO Style

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AllBLKTaco, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Apr 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    More info on the bed rack!!! Please!

2. Apr 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    :jellydance:

That looks like a good time there. I'd love to hit a trail like that sometime.

3. Apr 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    Nice truck, good pics.

4. Apr 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    JayDawg

JayDawg Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    Very cool pics! Since I live in Colorado now, can you give me directions on how to get to that place from Sterling? Also, my truck only has 5100's set at the highest setting and an add a leaf in the back. Would it have enough ground clearance to do the trail without damaging it?

5. Apr 27, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    AllBLKTaco

AllBLKTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD double cab
    First let me say Welcome to CO! The trail I did was called Chinaman's Gulch, it shares the same trail-head with the infamous "CARNAGE" canyon trail. I have the ToyTec ultimate lift with the AAL's in the rear and I made it through. But and this is a very big BUT, I was pulled over several rocks because I did NOT have the proper ground clearance or front lockers, or I chose the wrong line, and lastly I had a pair of "step bars" not sliders. Long story short, I would NOT attempt this trail in a "STOCK" or nearly stock truck. You will encounter Body damage on this trail and without the proper armor (sliders, recovery points, spotters) you will regret it. My suggestion to you is look at traildamage.com. Type in different trails or just run through the CO trails and take a look. With your truck, I wouldn't try anything greater then a 5. On trail damage they give you pics, and directions to trail heads. If you are dead set on going to Chinaman's, PM me and I'll get you those directions.

Two words of advice, 1. Always stay the trail! 2. Never wheel alone, especially more challenging trails. Good Luck and again, WELCOME to COLORADO!:D

6. Jun 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4x4
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more

Products Discussed in

To Top