1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can anyone recommend an alignment shop in tampa that can handle aftermarket UCA's

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BeeSharp, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Mar 14, 2018 at 12:50 PM
    BeeSharp

BeeSharp [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma
    none yet
    I am going to install my SPC UCAs this week and need a shop that understands aftermarket UCAs. Thanks for any advise.

2. Mar 14, 2018 at 1:11 PM
    rnagle

rnagle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    Leveling,Sliders,cb, motometal, 33s, self powdercoated parts
    Let’s just say if I was going to a shop I would go to advanced performance tire and wheel.
    http://advanceperformance.com/
    We coat a lot of wheels for them.
    I trust them!
    And I had my alignment done there. Stock UCAs.

Key-Rei likes this.
  3. Mar 14, 2018 at 2:23 PM
    rnagle

rnagle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    Also they do a lot of high end stuff. And the only place I know that has a $30k mounting machine.

Key-Rei likes this.
  4. Mar 14, 2018 at 7:54 PM
    Key-Rei

Key-Rei Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 6Spd 4x4 209BSM
    Locker anytime Fog Lights anytime Full LED light conversion TRD cat back Rear cat delete Exaust Y reroute away from actuator Alloy Clutch master 2000 4Runner "Dog Leg" shift leaver Marlin shift seats and bushing Rear seat delete Rear diff breather extension Chrome grille swap Debadge Rear seat delete Honda blower motor beefy plug and wire mod Anytime 12v and USB with volt gauge in bed Blue Sea fuse box Hella AND 70's Caddy horns Low profile recessed hex drain plug swaps Alluminum battery strap 7pin relocated Backup cam on anytime Various other creature comfort and personal taste mods.

Huh, this may have come just in time, I NEED and alignment and I may have to go to Tampa tomorrow.

What do they charge? I feel like a shop that can justify a 30k machine for mounting knows their worth and charges appropriately expensively.

5. Mar 15, 2018 at 8:53 AM
    rnagle

rnagle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    Well my boss does powdercoating for them. So they charged me $100 for dismount, mount and balance. And I think he charged me 50-75 for alignment. that’s for me. Shit he might just made it sound like a good deal and charged the regular price lol. They didnt buy the cheap machine and put tires on that the machine as problems doing like most shops.

6. Mar 15, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    Key-Rei

Key-Rei Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 6Spd 4x4 209BSM
    Locker anytime Fog Lights anytime Full LED light conversion TRD cat back Rear cat delete Exaust Y reroute away from actuator Alloy Clutch master 2000 4Runner "Dog Leg" shift leaver Marlin shift seats and bushing Rear seat delete Rear diff breather extension Chrome grille swap Debadge Rear seat delete Honda blower motor beefy plug and wire mod Anytime 12v and USB with volt gauge in bed Blue Sea fuse box Hella AND 70's Caddy horns Low profile recessed hex drain plug swaps Alluminum battery strap 7pin relocated Backup cam on anytime Various other creature comfort and personal taste mods.
    Ended up not having to go to Tampa, went to Ideal Service Center in Kissimmee, Sean did my alignment to my request, 0 camber 0 toe +2.5deg caster. Truck drive straight and coasts smooth. $65 OTD

Time to tack weld them cam bitches down for permanent alignment, tired of paying for an alignment every time I go play in the dirt. Never had this issue with my 1st gen.

7. Mar 28, 2018 at 7:31 AM
    St1fler

St1fler Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sourthern Tire company ask for Jamel. Or S&M on 60

Products Discussed in

To Top