1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I change the O2 sensor Toyota flange with a standard 18mm bung?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Dick4x4, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Aug 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    Dick4x4

Dick4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 2.7 Auto
    Hi guys,

I'm in the process of redoing a complete 2.5" exhaust on my '96. I'm at a dilema with my downstream 02 sensor.

I'm using a trailgear header so there is a place on it to use the factory type Toyota flange. So I will reuse my current or replace by a new one.

I have two choices for the secondary O2. I can buy a weldable Toyota type flange with screwable studs or I can weld a standard 18mm bung and find a good sensor to plug on it.

Do you guys think that one option is better than the other? And what O2 sensor should I have to look for? They habe the same harness no?

I'm trying to not have any MIL but I really wonder on the ECU will react to that change, I have exaust leak on that truck for close than 3 years. Putted a 2.25" walker small cath on it few jobber mufflers... Most of the time without MIL.

Next setup will be hopfully leak free. 2.5" 304SS all the way, 2.5" 300 cell spun cath, Magnaflow XL 33" muffler. Impatient to hear the growl and feel the torque!

Products Discussed in

To Top