1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I hose off my front door?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by drewskie, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Jun 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you need to pressure wash your exterior glass, be mindful of your spray pattern and PSI. I used to do side work for my girlfriend's uncle's power washing business and windows, especially large(r) can be shattered easier than you'd think. Avoid spraying high pressure, particularly in the middle of the window (should be obvious why), and as others have mentioned, when you hit the corners, move quickly so you're not forcing water places it shouldn't be going.

I don't power wash my front door, but I will spray it with a garden hose. Even a small pressure washer is too much pressure for an insweep door. I particularly would avoid pressure washing any stained wood front doors unless you need to and you've got the sweep down, lest you remove stain unexpectedly, or burn and chew up your door with the wrong PSI, spray pattern, distance from surface, style of sweep, etc,.

A quick and easy way to ruin a wood surface, if you're not familiar with how to do it.

To Top