1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I paint my rotor/hub?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dysfunctnlretard, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 11:23 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Im talking about the part that you can immediately see upon removing a center cap. I want to see what my Mojaves would look like without the center caps but Ive seen other trucks without center caps that have rust all up inside the rotor/hub and I definitely dont wanna see that on mine. If possible, I want to paint it black so it blends in with the wheel from a distance. Does anyone see any potential problems with doing it? Any specific paint I'd need? (I was just gonna use rustoleum)?

2. Nov 24, 2009 at 4:12 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Yes....you can paint them. My husband and I painted the rotors on our corvette.

I can't remember - but there is special paint for rotors that you can get at your local automotive stores. It should be a 'high heat' type paint. Make sure you prep the area properly and mask off the actual braking surface.

3. Apr 16, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    TyW33

TyW33 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Santa Cruz CA
    Vehicle:
    White Prerunner, 5 speed
    This thread just answered all the questions I had on the same subject. Thanks guys. :cool:

4. Feb 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    egres

egres Well-Known Member

Member:
    DELCO PA
    Vehicle:
    13 singel cab - 2WD - manual - 17K before tax:)
    Bench-seat covers $180 (Can't believe its not leather),Bed Liner $375 (Bed rug), Roof rack $180 (Rhino-rack 2500 Series, plus DK clamps and pads), Modified Bed extender $85 (Extend-A-Truck 944 Truck Bed Extender), Hood lift assist $80 (RedlineTuning), Hood light $53 (tacomaworld.com âtacodaneâ), Hitch receiver $120 (Curt Manufacturing 13323 Class III Receiver), T connector for trailer $43 (CURT Manufacturing 55513 T-Connector), Manuel tailgate lock $30 (gatekeeper tailgate lock), Tailgate assist $28 (Sachs SG329900EZ Lift Support), Tailgate lock $67 (Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Tailgate Lock PL5301), Spare tire lock $12 (Trimax ST30 Trimaflex Spare Tire Cable Lock), Hardwired battery float charger $20 (Schumacher SE-1-12S-CA Fully Automatic Onboard Battery Charger - 1.5 Amps) , Vin # Glass etching $33 (vinguard.org), Easy oil drain plug $30 (Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve), Floor mats $80 (Husky Liners 2-Piece Front Liner 2-Piece Front Liner), out of space :)
    I wounder if paint prevents heat created by friction from dissipating and brakes run hotter because of that.

5. Feb 21, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I don’t think you would actually be painting your rotor would you? Your rotor slides over the hub and that is what would be exposed if your wheel center cap is off. I don’t think it would hurt to paint the hub dust cap or whatever it’s called. Go after it man!

Products Discussed in

To Top