1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I splice CB Radio into radio harness?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by nammer, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Sep 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    nammer

nammer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 DCSB
    15000K HID headlights 3000K HID fogs LED Front Side Marker Bulbs LED License Plate Bulbs LED Front Turn Signals Color Matched Grille Color Matched Side Mirrors and Door Handles CB radio and PA speaker Overhead Compass and Temperature Window Tint Anytime Fog Light Mod Bakflip G2 Westin Stainless Bull Bar Pop N Lock PL5300 UltraGauge K&N Intake Stant Locking Gas Cap Color Matched Rear Bumper Jet Throttle Body Spacer
    Hi everybody, I'm sorry to start a new thread because there are plenty of CB radio installation threads. The most common answer I saw for powering the Cb radio was either directly to the battery or adding a fuse. I was wondering is it safe to splice into an aftermarket radio for power? thanks

2. Sep 16, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    TacomaBuzz

TacomaBuzz Manual Transmission Enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2011 RegCab Manual 5 lug
    Hose clamp mod, Bench>Buckets swap,6-Speed center console,Secondary air filter removed,AFE pro dry s,Weathertech mats,TRD seat covers,Sirius,Pop N Lock, Bed Mat,Int Wiper switch, Bugflector,Yellow Fog lights,Ventvisors,back-rack.
    Not a safe bet to splice into the radio power, the radio fuse/ wiring is designed to handle a specified load. If you add a larger fuse, you risk melting wires or a fire. just run a positive from the battery with an inline fuse!

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 10:58 PM
    03taco

03taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    someplace
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma lifted 6in on 35s
    fabtech 6in lift, 35.12.50.16s,on mt classics
    ive done it, when i was young and stupid it was kinda cool cause when id key the mic the radio got quite lol but now that i know more and have a nice truck im not trying to burn it down

4. Sep 17, 2011 at 12:35 AM
    nammer

nammer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 DCSB
    15000K HID headlights 3000K HID fogs LED Front Side Marker Bulbs LED License Plate Bulbs LED Front Turn Signals Color Matched Grille Color Matched Side Mirrors and Door Handles CB radio and PA speaker Overhead Compass and Temperature Window Tint Anytime Fog Light Mod Bakflip G2 Westin Stainless Bull Bar Pop N Lock PL5300 UltraGauge K&N Intake Stant Locking Gas Cap Color Matched Rear Bumper Jet Throttle Body Spacer
    Thanks a lot guys, i appreciate the advice, I think i like the power from the fuse box more than the battery, cause I dont want to forget it on. I'll prob stay away from the radio then, much appreciated again

To Top