1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can you Identify this Step Pad?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 7A7ER, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Mar 17, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '05 Radiant Red Tacoma XCab PreRunner TRD
    Removed Step Bars, Hood Visor, OEM Bed Mat, Window Tint, Fog Lights Anytime, BFG All-Terrain KO2s, Removed Mud Flaps, Add A Leaf Recall, Color-Matched Grill and Bumper& Plasti-Dipped Badges!
    Hi guys,

I'm having one hell of a time identifying this step pad for replacement. The rear passenger side, broke in half while driving down the road one day last year. The step bars are aftermarket with no markings or part numbers. All I want to do is replace one or all four step pads if I have to. If you have any advice on where I can find some replacement pads, it would be greatly appreciated.

The step pad measures roughly 20.5 inches in length.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the original manufacturer can not be identified, will other company's step pads possibly fit into the 3 attachment points?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Mar 18, 2010 at 8:35 AM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    Removed Step Bars, Hood Visor, OEM Bed Mat, Window Tint, Fog Lights Anytime, BFG All-Terrain KO2s, Removed Mud Flaps, Add A Leaf Recall, Color-Matched Grill and Bumper& Plasti-Dipped Badges!
    BumP

3. Mar 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    since 90 other viewers can't identify them either, at least i dont feel so bad...

4. Mar 20, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    Fire931

Fire931 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    there are literally tons of companies manufacturing those things now days so its really hard to tell who made those with no markings... but if i had to guess i'd say most of them probably mount the same so just hit up a company that sells them and see if they look like they mount the same.

5. Mar 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    I would love to see if some would mount.

Trouble is I've only found one company so far that even sells just the steps, and that was after calling them, and long story short they were *ahem* less than compliant because I was an individual and not a company from what I heard between the lines being talked down to me.

So if you know of a company that has pics of step pads they sell, that would be a great help!

Thanks.

6. Feb 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    After the drivers side Front Step Pad came off too, I decided to take the Side Steps off all together until I decide to get a whole other set or leave them off. Opinions?

[​IMG]

WITH STEP BARS

[​IMG]

WITHOUT STEP BARS

[​IMG]

WITH STEP BARS QUARTERED

[​IMG]

WITHOUT STEP BARS QUARTERED​

Products Discussed in

To Top