1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can you say excessive force....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 2003RC51, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Tint, sliders, puddle pods, on my way to more….
    Sad but true.

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    avic-d1 sirius tuner Ipod adapter
    Just because YOU haven't been harassed by the cops doesn't mean that noone has. I have been harassed by cops more times then I can count. Either with an illegal search or pulling me over because I was a young kid back in the day. One time I was hit in the back by a night stick while I was bent over the hood of my car because I was trying to explain to the dickhead that I had to get to school and I wasn't doing anything wrong. I actually am driving a tacoma because I wanted a pick up truck so all the "good ol' boys" would not know what I drove and would stop fucking with me.

What gives them any extra priviledge?? because they went through some bullshit academy that must be a joke because half the cops I see are fat fucks that couldn't chase down a wounded turtle. you talk like cops are better are mightier then citizens.....the same way cops think!!!

You don't know what your talking about, I am not a criminal at all. I am a small business owner that pays my taxes and never breaks the law. I don't even drink, but for some reason I have been given 3, yes 3 field sobriety tests this year! One of which I had my little cousin in the car and the dumb ass cop thought it was a good idea to use profanity around her. All you're doing is backing up other cops but all you know is YOU. I;m super happy for you that you educated yourself because this world is hard without it. Fact of the matter is that cops demand respect from the citizens, I say fuck that. You show me some respect and you can have some back...

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It's okay- You can keep resorting to your base personal attacks in the face of logic. Your attitude which it's pretty clear is "Cops are bad and I'm always right" will escalate a situation. You don't wanna be wrong, the cop doesn't wanna be wrong....and in that kinda stalemate- Seems that elf preservation would kick in. You wanna stand up for your rights and get into it with a cop...Fine. I'll enjoy being a sheep.

The first bolded part- True. I know people have. That's why I put my experiences in the post. But it's funny. I lived in about as hick a hick town as they come, and drove a sports car, and never once got hassled for being young. I drove the limits, got pulled over a couple times, and had no issues. Primarily cause I was polite...I think most police will tell you attitude makes a huge difference...Try to argue with them and it won't go your way. Not saying that beatings are justified...but you won't get out of tickets or catch any breaks.

And again- After they got him out of the car and on the ground....There should have been cuffs and then medical treatment...Not extra beating.

As far as the second bolded part. You are using a small sample set too and claiming that all cops are bad- so if your anecdotal evidence supports that, I would say his anecdotal evidence argues the other side just a well. I'd also wonder what about your driving style would make 3 cops pull you over and FST you....

On that note- I'm out.

4. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    m0nster986

m0nster986 ♥ Emergency Medicine

Member:
    SoCal
    This LEO most likely had no medical background nor educated. He just saw what was presented to him.

5. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    I don't argue with jerks ever! If I get pulled over I comply everytime, officer this...officer that. I'm just like anyone else who doesn't wanna ticket either. I'm not talking about pulling me over because I was speeding, if I was then go ahead and pull me over, I'll pay the ticket if I was. But is there any need to pull me out of my car and search it because I was speeding or is it just a cop doing whatever the fuck he wants? Cops should have to go back to high school and confront their bullies before they are hired...hahaha

Go back to my original post, I never said all cops were bad. Infact, I implied the opposite. But in my experience a lot/most are. This cop in here that is arguing with me fits the bill pretty well because baconator already called me a "dirtbag criminal" and doesn't even know me. I guess he just proves the point that they think we are all guilty of something, and they need to save the day! So in the sake of saving my breath because "you shouldn't argue with cops for self preservation" I'll keep dodging the boys and they'll keep harassing the communities they patrol. The world is right again.

6. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5

BTW, forgive me if I don't laugh.....not real funny if you are the one being harassed.

7. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That was funny like definition 5 or maybe 3, not definition 1.

8. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Wow, I think everyone keeps forgetting or maybe ignoring the fact that the individual was driving erratically. This is why he was pulled over initially. Then once he finally stopped the first interaction with the officer appeared to be an individual under the influence of alcohol or maybe drugs. We haven't yet heard the officers side in detail, only the suspects story.
    Once stopped it is the officers responsibility to assure that the person is complying with all laws. Again, it appears he would not respond or leave his vehicle. At this stage the officer (assumed) has already told the suspect to get out of the car. This did not happen so next step was forcibly removing him. Still (assumed) appears to be resistance, likely won't let go of the wheel, won't remove seat belt, may or may not be talking, (still assumed under the influence).
    Now at this stage as an officer of the law his job is to remove, and detain. Resistance would cause elevation in excess of what ever the suspect is doing to assure his personal safety, the safety of others and the removal and arrest for failure to comply.
    The officer is hired by the state to perform these functions per our laws.

Focusing on both sides would be great but we don't have both sides. Until we do we will continue to assume and blame the officer for excessive force. Maybe bad judgment but IMO the use of force is there to protect the officer. The elevation is the simplest way. The tazer is one way to protect the officer and quickly subduing this person.
    I am not an LEO. I am a citizen.

9. Jan 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    [​IMG]

10. Jan 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5

7 TIMES?????? On an old diabetic man?? I'm sure one tazer would have been sufficient to quickly subdue this person.

11. Jan 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:

How so? It only causes pain compliance. The Taser stops them from doing something while its on but has no effect on compliance to perform when commanded and has no effect once the current stops.

"Put your hands behind your back."

"Fuck You."

TASER

"Put your hands behind your back now."

Fuck You Mother Fucking Pig!"

TASER

And on it goes till the subject complies...

Personally, I dont use the taser. I use pepper spray and hands on in those situations or just hands on alone.

12. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.

Do you understand diabetes? Have you ever, ever had an issue with someone who has had a diabetic reaction? I seriously doubt it. Take a few minutes and go read up.
    Being a manager of a very large airplane manufacturing company I have had the opportunity to work with many diabetics (Type II) myself. Individuals whose blood sugar gets out of control, act in many ways exactly like drunks or someone high on drugs. Trying to protect them we have had to have multiple people hold them until we can give them some form of sugars such as juice. They can and do remain combative frequently until their levels have reached a manageable level. When this type of incident occurs they rarely remember anything of what occurred.
    Personally, having seen enough of this I highly suspect this person was coached by his lawyer, but then that's why they get paid the big bucks.

Go read up. Ask some real medics, doctors, hell google it. Learn how bad this can be. If the officers were afforded more time to make these calls they likely would de-escalate their tactics. Unfortunately, officers rarely have more than a few seconds to make life and death decisions. In this case their is a good chance they not only saved this persons life but the lives of other innocent people as well.
    Ken

13. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    For me and most patrol units we dont like to write tickets. I like to give warnings. If you say "Yeah I rolled that stop sign or yeah I was speeding and was in a hurry, sorry." Thats is about 90% odds of getting a warning. Saying "I didnt roll that stop sign at 15 mph" Means you will get a ticket. The objective of a traffic stop is to either use it to see who and what is in a car or to get a person to change behavior. Denying you did anything wrong means a warning wont cause change. WHen you are told to stay on the hood and you lift up that is the first sign of resistanc and must be met with immediate force to regain control of the situation. Now I am a little slower on the trigger if I think I can talk people down but I dont knock any officer who slams you back down on the hood once you disobey the lawful command to stay there. As a citizen you must obey police commands... that how it works here in the USA. If you dont like it you can leave or go to jail.

Searching your car is reserved for criminal types (turds in police jargon). When you look like a criminal (turd) the initial stop is just probable cause and we are searching for more serious offenses becasue you look like a criminal. Police dont waste time on searching little old ladies cars. To get a search for weapons you look like a criminal. Perhaps you have tattoos that look gang related, perhaps your clothing style, looks like something a turd would wear, perhaps your attitude is such that they feel like you are not a normal, productive citizen, but rather a turd. We do our job becaue of a desire to protect society from the criminal element. Something makes you seem like the criminal element to police... even in online discussions. Odds are, you are a criminal. If it walks and talks like a duck its probably a duck.

14. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    If it sounds and comes off like a dirt bag cop who thinks he is the shit because he has a gun and badge and can tell people what to do, it's probably a dirt bag cop. Just saying.....

15. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You are the other obvious turd in this thread. Only criminals are anti police in my experience. I even get along with conspiracy theorist, anti government types, nut jobs, weirdos of all types shapes and colors with all manners of tattoos, piercings and whatever else you might imagine, and all manner of "non standard" non genric people... I dont get along with criminals though. People who are anti police are upset their criminal desires are abated by the presence of police. They resent they have to obey laws and not breach the peace.

I dont think I am the shit because of a gun and a badge... I am very detatched from my work. I do it for the benefit of others. I could do whatever I wanted to and make way more money. I had a turd who was drunk and high, flee once I lit him up, do a 180 on the service road and head on my patrol unit at full throttle. I pulled my handgun and he ducked behind the dash. When he came up he had a cigarette he lit and not a gun. I holstered and calmly pulled him out of the car and cuffed him. Most officers gave me shit because I didnt beat his ass... and dont get me wrong this guy talked massive shit all the way to the jail and during booking and DESERVED a beating. You know the type... flat billed hat to the side, black socks, loud mouthed, lots of tats.

"You cant stop me you can only slow me down"

"You are a punk little bitch with a badge"

"I will be out by morning"

"I been in jail before this aint shit to me"

etc. all night long

Trust me.... I wanted to kick the guys ass! I didnt. The world would be a better place if I just put a bullet in his head if you ask me. The badge does not protect me from people like that. It protects them from me. Beating his ass would lose the case and then he is out endangering the public again. What good does that do? Had he reisted me you can rest assured I would have popped his window and tossed him onto his head to gain control. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes the police have to kick peoples asses. If you are not comfortable with that then dont be a cop, but dont armchair quarterback the job either.

16. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    yarik83

yarik83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yuri
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD SR5 DoubleCab 4x4
    Lift kit, weight distribution hitch. Camper shell. Kayak Rack.
    I may have missed it reading back and fourth good cop vs bad cop discussion but we are forgetting that this person had a SERIOUS medical condition?! Why as a society do we allow persons of old age and persons with severe medical conditions travel about endangering other lives? I have a few diabetics in my family all of whom are very (knocks on wood) responsible. As a diabetic you should be asking yourself a question... am I fit to drive NOW. How long have I been driving and should I check my blood levels?! Why did that person not use an alarm thingie of sorts that reminds him every x minutes/hours to check his blood levels if he forgot?!

My relationship with cops have always been 2 way hate hate kind of thing so I am not defending cops but I am also not defending this guy. As far as I am concerned it is great that he was pulled over one way or another. Imagine him running into someone?! Imagine him ending lives of people who were just minding their own business and next thing you know an unfit driver ..... you know....

I may be totally wrong with respect to morality and lack of compassion but I have been almost ran off the road too many times to just brush that kind of thing off my shoulders and forget about it regardless of what condition other driver was really in because it should not matter what their condition was. No unfit driver should be allowed to drive.

17. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:

LOL- Heck reminds me of a time. Wife got a call from girlfriend. She's at the airport and was supposed to be in about 4 hours earlier. Ok, so it's now 2 in the morning. I jump in the car. Headed down a back road to get to the freeway. 35 mph and I'm doing 70 mph. Not a soul in sight and then these little red and blue lights come on. I think to myself-- shit, I really screwed up. Heck he's easily a quarter mile behind me and if I'da been a bad boy I would have made a run for it.
    Nope. I pull over first chance I get -- once I get slowed down. I get out of the car. Put my hands on the top of the car. Officer pulls up and gets out. He asks where I'm headed? I say arrest me officer, I screwed up. I deserve it. Arrest me. He "politely" asks me again where I'm headed. I tell him about my wifes friend and the circumstance and end it with arrest me I really screwed up. He looks at me, asks me if I have been drinking (usually that's what he would have been looking for at that time of night)? I say no- sir!

He looks at me and asks me whether I think I can maintain a 35 mph speed limit for the next mile and half till I get to the freeway? At first I didn't think I heard him and said huh? He repeats the question. I stammer yes sir. He says go and have a safe trip.

Hey guys, just trying to inject a bit of light hearted humor here. No one is perfect. But sometimes others can overlook our imperfections even if just for a moment. K

18. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

Just because I don't like cops, now I am a turd criminal? Great logic you have there :rolleyes: It's idiotic thinking cops like you that fuel my hatred for cops.

I spent close to 6 years in the Marine Corps protecting American citizens rights...I hate to see rogue cops trample on people's rights just because they think everyone has something to hide. I don't need cops...I hold myself responsible for my own safety and security. Dirty cops ARE the reason I carry daily everywhere I go.

19. Jan 16, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    The overall feel for the thread is simple, whatever happened to the diabetic guy, is being twisted to justify anything police say as wrong . Its like some of you are building excuses for your future crimes by demonizing and illegitimizing the law via the police.
    I see bikes here in Portland act that way, running stop signs.. their excuse.. " i'm not a criminal , you cant stop me , bike have to run stops to preserve momentum... " on and on it goes. Face it , the day your truck is broken into or stolen,think about yourattitude here, the freedom to bray you took , think what an idiot you may have been now that the police are there for you.

20. Jan 16, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    I have not one problem doing away with the police. I for one will NEVER rely on cops for anything, especially my, or my families safety.

Products Discussed in

To Top