1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canadian 3rd Gen Thread

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by TheRenegade, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    littlechilds

littlechilds skyhawk

Member:
    Cowtown
    Vehicle:
    16 trd sport Upgrade package DCLB
    KO2 tires, TRD pro rims. BP skid plate, Extang 2.0 cover, dipped grill and badges
    Is it though?? Sticker price is $44,600 plus taxes and fees...so basically he got "most" of the fees waved. Hmmm...

2. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:47 PM
    Pittrider

Pittrider Pitty, those needing correction.

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM LTD LB
    Do you need to know, or care?
    Little over $1400 cheaper than mine, so I consider it good, but others might not. Early adopters pay more for everything. Mine was first LTD off that dealer's lot. Hell, it wasn't even on the lot yet, it was still on the train.

But I had a trade-in that got me a good buck. 2013 LTD, in mint condition with only 23k on it.

3. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    LOL Mike stop being an asshole sales guy. Stop BSing about another dealership to make you seem better :rofl:. The address is out in the middle of a field because that's where Cochrane Toyota is, if you've ever been there. They actually own the name "TacomaTown" because they registered it, just like any business in Alberta could of done first. Sorry your dealership is apparently a bit sore over that. When you drive up they even have TacomaTown on the building and inside because it's part of their marketing, just like you being everyone's best online salesman buddy is your stick.

Don't call out another dealer on their tactics when you are using one yourself lol.

For whatever it's worth Kyle at Cochrane Toyota has always been great to me on parts. Does he sell below cost? No. He will however go out of his way to find whatever you want for cheaper, especially when it comes to real offroad equipment, than most other dealers. It has nothing to do with how many trucks they sell lol. It has to do with where they are located, right at the mouth to Waiparous and near McLean creek. I guarantee you that they outsell your dealership on aftermarket accessories and you outsell them on trucks. A smart buyer would play each of those advantages :).

For anyone looking for parts from them call Kyle. He can often do better than online because they tend to buy from the USA rather than order from a secondary source in Canada like most dealers do. That's why they often have a lower price. They buy bulk from the USA and then resell without the shipping markup.

4. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:49 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Trade-in has lots to do with price. On my wifes 2015 F150 we paid only 4K off for the truck on paper... but the dealer paid us 18,500 for a 3 year old base model Sonata. Figure that out lol.

They all manipulate the numbers a little different. What matters is OTD price.

5. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:51 PM
    Pittrider

Pittrider Pitty, those needing correction.

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM LTD LB
    Do you need to know, or care?
    Exactly. I had no problem paying sticker price for my truck....now let's talk trade-in!!

6. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:51 PM
    MikeLinterman

MikeLinterman Toyota Certified Truck Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    With the block heater, freight/PDI, air and tire tax the retail is $46,936.93+GST

7. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:56 PM
    MikeLinterman

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    HAHA, you know what, when I googled the address there is also a River heights drive in Edmonton, that's why I thought it was in the middle of nowhere. Also, as far as dealers go, I actually like the guys at Cochrane Toyota. If you are living near there, they are good to deal with as well. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was bashing them at all.

8. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    No problem I'm just ribbing you. You sound like a good salesman and I didn't think you should get caught up on the Tacoma Town thing. I can tell you that you probably outsell Cochrane Toyota 10 to 1 lol. The truck sales side of that dealership is crazy. Parts are great though.

9. Sep 20, 2016 at 1:09 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    If you're interested in hearing feedback for your own dealership, what makes Cochrane Toyota good on the parts end are two things. One, they setup a connection to several of the major highly recommended vendors on here like Toytec, Pelfreybilt, Demello, Icon, etc. That way they have access to the top end parts that TW faithful are reading about and, like I said, they order them by the pallet and pass the savings on. I can buy most things from Kyle at Cochrane for the same price as having them shipped to the border for free, when that is available, and clearing them myself. That's a good price on really good stuff. They are usually 10-40% cheaper than other dealerships because of that ability. The second is their knowledge. They actively hire a few weekend wheelers, plus Kyle, to run the parts side. While they have the typical dealer BS, like pay first pickup later, they can at least order the right parts the first time and even stop you from buying parts that won't work for whatever you are working towards on your build.

I've never seen another car dealer do those two things and do them so well. If someone else were to enter the market that way, they may find success :). However Cochrane's location is perfect out in the foothills right next to a couple of wheeling areas. It is hard to beat that. Most of my field repair parts have had to come from them lol.

10. Sep 20, 2016 at 2:24 PM
    littlechilds

littlechilds skyhawk

Member:
    Cowtown
    Vehicle:
    KO2 tires, TRD pro rims. BP skid plate, Extang 2.0 cover, dipped grill and badges
    I hate dealing like this...tell me the total price ALL IN with taxes out the door, then lets deal on that...only way I do it. Also one of the reasons I don't deal with trade ins as well...too many ways to hide actual deal. I though have the patience to sell on Kijiji:)

11. Sep 20, 2016 at 9:39 PM
    pcledrew

pcledrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCLB
    $46,936.93*1.05=49,283.78

He wasn't hiding anything.

Herniator likes this.
  12. Sep 20, 2016 at 10:11 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Still selling your truck?

13. Sep 21, 2016 at 5:03 AM
    littlechilds

littlechilds skyhawk

Member:
    Cowtown
    Vehicle:
    Not posted, but not in love with it either. Just got too much going on at the moment.
    The annual service helped a bit as well. When they gave me a 2012 Tacoma for a loaner (year of my last Taco), it reminded me why I fell in love with Tacomas in the first place, and why I kept on buying them. 2016's lost that for me.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  14. Sep 21, 2016 at 5:30 AM
    littlechilds

littlechilds skyhawk

Member:
    Cowtown
    Vehicle:
    You obviously missed my point. I like looking at the price, and at the offer, and know without any effort what I got off msrp. No calculating taxes, no wondering what the fees add up too, no wondering what my trade in is doing. Mike's most recent post is a bit more clear, but way not say: MSRP out the door was $$, I paid this.

Also, I'm not diss'n on Mike the dealer. I tried dealing with him on here half a year ago and it was a great experience…good straight forward #'s, I just found an equally good deal in my own city, soooo, yeah.
    Also, I was commenting on the original post, not Mike's follow-up price.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  15. Sep 21, 2016 at 6:49 AM
    Botchio

Botchio Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys - so I pick up my 2017 TRD sport 4x4 on Saturday and while browsing I saw mention of an add on tow package option. I'm surprised that the salesmen never mentioned it, do the gen 3's (v6) come with the tow package standArd?

16. Sep 21, 2016 at 7:20 AM
    ThangzaTRD

ThangzaTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    SWO
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport BBPDCLB
    Pop n loc tailgate, LED Headlight, Foglights, Reverse and all interior lights. Weathertech floor mats. Carbon fibre tailgate inserts. Trifold hard top tonneau
    My 2016 trd sport came with tow package standard

17. Sep 21, 2016 at 8:46 AM
    Herniator

Herniator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    chrome valve stems covers
    In the States the Towing package is optional. In Canada its standard on the V6 models.

18. Sep 21, 2016 at 8:48 AM
    MikeLinterman

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Yes, all Canadian models come standard with the tow package. Also, in case anyone is ever curious, all of our trucks are always built in the US not Mexico.

Hartman and ThangzaTRD[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Sep 21, 2016 at 9:02 AM
    Botchio

Botchio Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks guys good to know - that explains why no one tried to sell it to me :rofl:

20. Sep 21, 2016 at 9:12 AM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Except I have a 2nd gen from Mexico that was sold here new lol. If the demand is there and the Texas plant has to shutdown temporarily for some reason we will see 3rd gen Tacoma's from Mexico here. It doesn't matter anyways, it's the same truck with the same reliability either way.

To Top