1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canadian TSB numbers please.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fabulous, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Jul 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    I just purchased a really nice 2006 Tacoma double cab TRD 4x4, and it came with the Toyota Extra Care Protection, which is good until August 2011, or 160,000 kms (truck only has 81,000 kms right now) I noticed the rear springs squeek a bit, and it only has the 3 rear leaf springs, so I want to get the 4 pack because we want to haul 2 dirt bikes...any Canadian members know the Canadian TSB number for that? Are there any other Canadian TSB's I should be getting done? I live in Calgary, AB, any dealerships recommended? Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Jul 23, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    Fabulous

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    Nobody huh?!

3. Jul 23, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    hey fab,

i printed off the us version of the tsb on here, took it in and they used that one in the shop to find the canadian numbers

4. Jul 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is gooder 'en chicken Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+250k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    Canadian TSB2662

5. Jul 23, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    5100's all on fours
  6. Jul 23, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    Fabulous

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys, much appreciated. Any other TSB's that are benificial? I heard there is one for the tailgate...is it too weak to support two full size dirt bikes?

7. Jul 23, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    reg boulette

reg boulette Well-Known Member

Member:
    As the Toyota warranty is North American wide (unlike some other manufacturers which was a pain if a Canadian bought a car from the U.S.) the TSB's for the U.S. will apply to Canadian owners.

8. Jul 24, 2009 at 5:49 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    5100's all on fours
    Yes, very piss poor design.

9. Jul 25, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    coma09

coma09 Senior Member. Hey, what's That supposed to mean?

Member:
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 taco access cab 4x4
    Putco led map light bulbs, bed mat, Xiang trifecta tonneau, blackout front emblem, paint tow hoop, led bed light strip, scan gauge II, debadge, buff paint, oem fog light kit, 1000w inverter, Viair 300P compressor, Contura V dash switches, chop last L bend from exhaust, remove charcoal air filter, extinguisher, mag light, Ss side steps, kayak rack, tailgate security, bed mat security
    "As the Toyota warranty is North American wide (unlike some other manufacturers which was a pain if a Canadian bought a car from the U.S.) the TSB's for the U.S. will apply to Canadian owners."

Actually this isn't accurate. TSBs are not warranty.

eg:
    The TSB for leaf springs has not been updated since 2006 in Canada (2008 in US) The Canadian models are mfg in California, and do not have a different suspension. So we have the same issues ....
    Going through the process now for my 2009. Toyota canada may approve the work, but the service manager mentioned the Canadian TSB list has always been different than the US.

Likely due to better consumer protection laws and class action suits in the US?

10. Jul 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    Hollywood22

Hollywood22 Wranglin the Badger

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    Since being a member here I've noticed all the problems people have had with the TSB regarding the poor rear suspension, especially the 09's. I asked some of the guys about it, as I was waiting for my taco to come off the assembly line.

I received a few responses from american owners implying that the rear suspension was not an issue for trucks coming to canada. I just got my truck on wednesday and noticed that their is only a three leaf pack and the truck sags quite a bit when I press down on the tailgate.

I might be in the same boat as you. I am going to contact my dealer after the weekend. I will let you know how it goes. Please update on how you are making out.

11. Jul 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    tig1

tig1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Saint John,New Brunswick,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    n fabs,window visor tonneau ,bilstein 5100's all round.245/75R16Toyo A/T II
    Hi! tig1 calling--a friend of mind bought a 2006 taco not long ago,when he took it in for some work the dealer told him there was a recall on the rear leafs. I'm sure he said that he had three and they replace it with four as well as the front springs.you might want to call the dealer and have him look back on recalls.my friend bought the truck at a private sale.

later tig1

12. Jul 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    coma09

Member:
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 taco access cab 4x4
    Putco led map light bulbs, bed mat, Xiang trifecta tonneau, blackout front emblem, paint tow hoop, led bed light strip, scan gauge II, debadge, buff paint, oem fog light kit, 1000w inverter, Viair 300P compressor, Contura V dash switches, chop last L bend from exhaust, remove charcoal air filter, extinguisher, mag light, Ss side steps, kayak rack, tailgate security, bed mat security
    "I am going to contact my dealer after the weekend. I will let you know how it goes. Please update on how you are making out."

Will certainly post the conclusion to my service call.
    Corp is taking abut 2 weeks to respond to emails from the dealer. So 2 emails, 4 weeks.
    Last communication was they are looking into it.

Cdn TSB hasn't been updated after 06, so the impression is Cdn models have a different suspension. Not so. All made in the same factory. Differences in speedo, but that's about it.

My gut feel is I'll be sourcing a 4th leaf (AAL) kit myself after all is said and done. Fingers X'd I'm wrong. It's not a huge cost, just hate to do it myself if Toyota has a known issue and is fixing for others.

13. Jul 26, 2009 at 3:28 AM
    reg boulette

Member:
    -TSB's are not specifically warranty, but if a fix is required to which a TSB applies, if your vehicle is past the warranty period, they will not be performed for free if needed.
    -As opposed to Canadian /U.S. coverage, no differentiation is made between countries, it is the build date and VIN series that determine if a TSB applies to a vehicle, plus the parts on the vehicle that pertain to the problem.
    -most service managers/advisors I have dealt with are clueless with regard to what TSB's are available. I would do my own research - good list from this site and others. A TSB that is issued covers all North American vehicles, whether bought in either country.
    -Anecdotal evidence on the numerous postings on this forum strongly indicate that Tacomas purchased in Canada (not brought cross border) have the stronger spring packs in the rear already installed. They consist of 3 major leafs, plus a 'half leaf' underneath these. My 09 delivered in June had the proper suspension. It could be that Toyota manufactured some Canadian bound vehicles with weaker springs as a manufacturing change, but I would look closely at configuration and check part numbers.

14. Jul 26, 2009 at 5:42 AM
    coma09

Member:
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 taco access cab 4x4
    Checked again to be sure ... 3 leafs only.
    Canadian 2009 access cab, 2wd

15. Jul 26, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    Hollywood22

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    Upon closer inspection of my leaf pack, I have the same as you. Three major springs and a half leaf underneath. Is this a proper and adequate system or is this what our american brothers are also getting and finding inadequate? I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. Could it be that people are also going to have the same pack but the leafs themselves are just weaker than others?

I just figure for us 09 owners it is better to rectify this issue sooner than later (if there is one).

Cheers

16. Jul 27, 2009 at 2:43 AM
    reg boulette

Member:
    ^Sorry, should have mentioned my truck is a 4X4 V6 Access Cab. From what I have read, this is the stiffer configuration. Been towing trailer with full load and no sagging or bottoming out. I can't speak with any authority on the 2 wheel drive Canadian truck.

17. Jul 27, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    pmo

pmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    People I don't friggin' get it!! You guys are all complaining about suspension TSB for '09's. Are they still making them with the 3 leafers??
    I bought a 07 DC brand new in Dec 07. Guess what...4 leaf pack from the factory...is this a fluke??
    If it is I'm going to start buying lottery tickets..lololol.
    I am in Nova Scotia, a canadian truck, DC, 6spd, bilsteins, as far as I can see the only difference between mine and a TRD off road is the seats and no converter.

18. Jul 28, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    Hollywood22

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    I don't know what is happening with the rear suspension in canadian trucks. You are probably pretty fortunate to get a four leaf pack from the factory, brand new. However, like I said in a previous post, a lot of american members seem to believe the rear suspension is only a problem for tacomas shipped to the states. It's a mystery to me right now. Hopefully as time passes we will learn more.

19. Jul 28, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    Depending on the model and options, Canadian Tacomas can have a 3 or a 4 leaf pack from the factory. But, all USA Tacomas will have a 3 leaf pack from the factory.
    A Trd Sport Double Cab in Canada will have a 4 leaf pack, where the same truck in the USA will only have a 3 leaf pack.

20. Oct 1, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    Nukewater

Nukewater Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan
    Hey Guys, just tried to get this done. they said they could not find the TSB anywhere (im in canada) and they said that until they update it in canada, i am out of luck. any suggestions?!

To Top