1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

can't decide between General Grabbers A/T 2, Firestone Destination A/T and A/T Revo's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bcliff, Jan 6, 2010.

?

which tire?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2010.
  1. General Grabber A/T 2: $600

30 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Firestone Destination A/T: $620

23 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Bridestone A/T Rev0: $740

23 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. other

20 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Jan 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Definitely AT2s. I have em and love them. They dig in real well, i was impressed with the traction on these things.

2. Jan 26, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    headhunter247

headhunter247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
    5100's all around, OME 888 and Dakars. ProComp Series 05. Cooper SST Maxx 275s.
    How do the grabbers do in the mud?

3. Jan 27, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Thus far they have handled everything I have thrown at them. Of course they are not a Mud TX tire, but for an AT they do very well.

4. Jan 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    Voted other....go with the Wrangler Duratrac's.
    [​IMG]

5. Jan 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
  6. Jan 29, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    bcliff

bcliff [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad DCSB
    leaf TSB, added D-Rings, bed mat, weathertechs
    I thought I'd give you guys an update. I went with the General Grabbers and had them put on today. $150 out the door which was a deciding factor over the BFG's and Revos. So far, I love them. They look aggressive, grip the road unbelievably and are quiet enough. Very happy with the look and ride. I'll get some pics up tomorrow and keep the thread updated as far as performance in the snow and long term wear. Thanks for your help in deciding. I got a lot of great input from this site. With the recommendations and price, I couldn't pass up the Generals. I'm likely donating my old Rugged Trails to another TW member so hopefully the good karma continues.

7. Jan 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    WVtriple

WVtriple Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    WV eastern panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport
    Satoshi grill mod, Redline Tuning Hood struts and tailgate E-Z down, HID headlights and fogs, LED tail lamp upgrade, TRD exhaust, FJ TRD Anthracite Wheels, T-REX eyelids, power sunroof, 5100 Billies and ToyTec AAL, K&N drop-in, TRD seatcovers, Weathertech floor mats, Fog light any-time mod, Pop-n-lock, slotted front rotors with ceramic pads, BenWa power rear slider mod, blackout badges, and blacked out center stack and console. 7" HID's behind the grill. LED light bar in the lower grill. Trailer plug relocate. Auxiliary reverse LED's wired in to be manual or auto on when in reverse.
    and some of the conditions you see, IHMO the Bridgestone will not disappoint. I have had the BFG A/T KO on a nicely lifted Wrangler and well they do not clear themselves of snow, and on daily driving in down pours, tend to hydro plane. If you look at the tread pattern it relys on the ability to break up standing water instead of sipping out from under the tire.
    The Revo's I have on an 01 DC and they are currently at 39k and have alot of life left, the pic isnt the best but you can plainly see plenty of tread left. I dont go wheelin but I do take it every summer to the outer banks of the Carolina's and in the loose sand they paddle through confidently. Snow packed streets they have plenty of sipes to bite, and give you outstanding stopping power, and in the rain, you'll never feel a loss of control. If you need a really good all round tire these have no equal.

DSC00006.jpg

8. Jan 30, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    cartage1

cartage1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland, Oh
    Vehicle:
    TRD, Sport
    Glad you got the Generals....did you go to a larger size...? I spent some time trying to find what size I could stuff in the fenders, and slapped on 265/75 (on 16's) and they fit nicely....

The Gen 1 Tacoma's seemed to be more receptive to larger tires and I wanted to get that look without a lift....

You will be happy with the Generals....and let's see some pic's.

Products Discussed in

To Top