1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

can't decide clarion or cadence components

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by adamstoy, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Mar 24, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    adamstoy

adamstoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    Manchester NH
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAP PRERUNNER
    2.5 inch spacer, black headlight mod, tonnou cover,chrome bull bar and step bars motometal 958 chrome w/ cooper zeon ltz 285/60R18 TRD OR suspension angle eye projectors with hid 6k's
    i'm trying to decide which speaker brand i want. i've heard good things from the local audio installer about clarions 6.5 componet speaker SRQ1631R and cadence's ZXC-6KS 6.5" componet. the cadence's list price is $450 but reduces to 70 on audiosavings.com. don't know if these are a reputable online dealer but the price and features sure sound good. i'm planning on amping these and doing 6.5 front and rear on my dbl cab. any input on which one's to go with would be great.

p.s. i haven't heard either speaker due to the audio shop not having them set up

2. Mar 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    rebelsold

rebelsold Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gim
    huntsville, alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner trd off road
    leveling kit, intake, leather seats
    Now i know are getting a sick deal on the Cadence speakers, but if you are looking at anything in the 450 dollar range of speaker i'd go alpine type X and by amp the components. 75-100 to tweeter and 75-150 to the mid bass driver. I had 2 sets of these byamped in my 3000gt for just the front doors and they would blow your mind. That being said the price on the cadence speakers yoour talking about is tough to beat. Personally i have never liked their sound. To bright on the tweets and to boomy on the drivers. my 2 cents.

3. Mar 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    adamstoy

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    Manchester NH
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAP PRERUNNER
    2.5 inch spacer, black headlight mod, tonnou cover,chrome bull bar and step bars motometal 958 chrome w/ cooper zeon ltz 285/60R18 TRD OR suspension angle eye projectors with hid 6k's
    anyone else out there have either of these speakers?? i want to do this upgrade soon and don't wanna put something in that i'll hate later on

4. Mar 26, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    Jiinx

Jiinx Active Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Although both are decent, if you are willing to shell out about 150.00 more you can get a superior speaker.

Check out the Focal K2 165 - they are a steal right now for $599 on sonicelectronics.

For the kind of cash you are willing to spend, stick with a company who specializes in speakers only. You will be glad you did.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17576_Focal+165+KR2.html

5. Mar 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    adamstoy

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    Manchester NH
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAP PRERUNNER
    i kinda wanted to keep the price low around 100 bucks or less for a pair, thats why i chose the clarion or cadence. i'm not looking for crazy performance just better than stock
    anyone ever heard of ARC audio? are they any good?

6. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I know you guys have heard me suggest these before, but I'm going to do it again...and again, until one of you believes me and takes my advice.

For a budget component set there is NOTHING better than the Phoenix Gold RSD65 component set. Yes, I realize I just broke my own rule stating that there is no "best" anything. But if you're looking for a budget component set that wont break the bank and yields simply outstanding performance I really can't think of anything else you'd look at. They are a STEAL at $79! They outperform component sets that sell for double what they cost.
    http://woofersetc.com/p6952/RSD65cs--Phoenix-Gold-65%22-Component-Speaker-System.htm

[​IMG]

7. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    adamstoy

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    Manchester NH
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAP PRERUNNER
    can i run components front and rear? where do i mount the tweets in the rear?

8. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    phd12volt

phd12volt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    So-Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Manual 2wd Access Cab 5-Lugger
    Homelink Mirror Autopage Alarm/Remote Start/C3 Tracking Alpine w505 w/P1 Nav
    Adam, since your in beaufort, have you gone to Hitts Autosound yet and talked to them guys??? They should have Arc Audio there to demo if i remember correctly, and yes the Phoenix Golds that were linked, they are a very good sounding set, especially for the money. However YOUR ears are the only thing that matter, what sounds good to me and everyone else, may not sound good to you. Installation of said speakers will matter also, dont forget about a solid install.

9. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    ^Great words of advice. The good thing is that a proper set of components can be tweaked via EQ for your taste. The PG's I mentioned have a little bit more of a laid back tweeter and a lot of midbass. Hopefully that helps describe their sound a bit. What have you listened to that you liked so far?

And you can run components in the rear you just have to find a place for the tweeter. You wont need rear speakers though IMO.

10. Mar 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    adamstoy

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    Manchester NH
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAP PRERUNNER
    the only thing i've listened to so far are alpine type s and rockfort punch series (had em in my old s10 off of head power) i have been to hitts audio and they recommended clarion but didn't have any to listen too. if i were to go with the pg rated at 60wrms would i need a 240 watt 4 channel amp or 2 channel?

11. Mar 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    You could run them off headunit power if you needed to but an amp would make them sound better. They'll take a good bit of power too. Over 100RMS for sure. Each set (set=left and right) of components takes 2 channels to run, a left channel and a right channel. If you want front speakers only you only need a 2 channel amp. You'd need a 4 channel amp for rears though. Either that or bridge the other two channels for a sub.

Products Discussed in

To Top