1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can't decide where to mount my cb

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DreDog, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    Now THAT's a clean install.

2. Sep 9, 2011 at 12:00 AM
    Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab Tacoma 4x4

Thanks, it was done out of necessity. I have a regular cab, therefore I don't have much space. I got the 75 because I live in an apartment and I don't want some punk ass kid to break a window cause he thinks it's cool.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the box under the console, but it fits perfectly under there with two (supposed to be sheet metal, but we used what I found in my huge bin) screws. Marked and drilled the pilot holes, then screwed down the module. The center console fits over it like it was designed to be there. The scariest part of the whole ordeal was drilling a huge hole into the center console, as I only had about 150 miles on the truck at that point (1300 now).

I mounted the antenna in the same place as the green truck, just on the driver's side instead. The cable is mounted up through the wheel well and zip tied up out of the way. For the record, I hate the antenna being there. I wanted to mount it off the hood, towards the front of the truck, but I couldn't find a mount to make it work. I am still looking for a good place to mount the antenna. I do like the one at the windshield, but I have a screw type mount, so I don't think that will work. Maybe when I get my ARB front bumper, I can mount it on there. For now, it works.

3. Sep 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    here is where i put mine [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top