1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cant Rotate Tire?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Gabassman, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Dec 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    Gabassman

Gabassman [OP] Drive it like a 4WD

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    Went to Wal Mart earlier today to get my tires rotated and balanced. It would have been $32 for the life time of the tires seemed like a good deal, means i dont have to mess with them. After dropping the truck off at the service department I walk around the store to wait for them to finish. I get called over the loud speaker to come to the service department, when I walk up and I am told that they can not rotate my tires because of uneven wear......the guy also commented saying my tires were no good because uneven wear although he did say I have a lot of tread. Am i wrong in that the reason you rotate your tires is for uneven wear. Ive had my tires for 10,000 miles ive rotated them myself once. Every 5000 mile I rotate my tires. Homestly I feel the guy was lazy and didnt want to deal with my tires. If you want something done right do it your self.

Sorry I needed to vent this really pissed me off. But please if Im in the wrong and the service department is right in not being able to rotate my tires by all means inform me of this.

2. Dec 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    You're supposed to rotate them BECAUSE of uneven wear. That's the point to wear them down evenly at all angles. Just grab a couple two ton jacks and a jack and do it yourself. Unless they need to be balanced. But yeah that guy sounds like a lazy ass

3. Dec 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    Gabassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    That was point I wanted to make. But I figured it would be useless to argue with him because he had done made up his mind and dint want to do it. For some reason I always get comments when i take my truck for service of how heavy my tires are gonna be and they are going to need help. Probably just do it myself.

4. Dec 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    Chad7088

Chad7088 Old Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    19th state
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Tacoma Off Road DCSB 4x4 MT
    Lots to come
    Thats what you get for going to Walmart

5. Dec 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    If the tires are non-stock for the vehicle, they can't work on them...I only use walmart for service when no one else is open and I need a battery or a tire plugged or such.

Howard

6. Dec 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Gabassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    Yea i know walmart is not a good choice but its a deal when on a budget. I went to another shop and told them what i was told. After putting the tires on the balance machine i was told there is no uneven wear on any of the tires and they are all in great shape. So i would like to send a big FU to the lazy ass at walmart that didnt want to do his job.

7. Dec 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Call 1800 walmart number and file a complaint. They will more than likely give you a gift card or something for your troubles.

8. Dec 31, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Gabassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    Good point worth a try.

9. Dec 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Do you have any good tire shops around? While 32 bucks is certainly not bad, a couple places around me will rotate your tires for free. Even if you didn't get them there.

10. Dec 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    It will work. In a previous life I was assistant manager at Walmart. ;)

11. Dec 31, 2012 at 11:56 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Blame it on the attorneys.

You rotate the tires to even out the wear.

But now, companies are paranoid about lawsuits, so they make sure that the tires with the good tread are on the rear so rather than spinning out, the front end simply "pushes".
    Oversteer is extremely dangerous and can easily result in a spin.

So if your rear tires are in better shape than the front, more and more shops won't rotate them.

12. Dec 31, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    And go to Discount/Americas.
    For $10/tire, even if you didn't buy it there, you can buy lifetime rotation and balance every 5000 miles.

Products Discussed in

To Top