1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Captain Stupid has attacked

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by swise, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Jun 7, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    aw thats not so bad would've just hopped the curb and stopped in your neighbor's yard.

2. Jun 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    He's another example of what happens when when you "forget" to set the brakes on something that you plan on putting back on it's wheels. I'm sure the mower wheel was a cheaper fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4awFWBOrDQ

3. Jun 8, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    Haha, good thing you had a mower sitting around. I had to sprint and hop in my car and slam my brakes to keep my parked car from sliding down the driveway into the street on the snow. Really gets the adrenaline flowing

4. Jun 8, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    hahahahahh, classic! But I have to say...quick thinking. Glad you got lucky Captain. :)

5. Jun 8, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    rmarqu2

rmarqu2 YES... i am a murse....

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4
    FOX 2.5 coilovers, FOX 14" rears, AP expos, AP front plate bumper and skid, lightforce 240 blitz, warn m8000, 3/8 amsteel, BAMF sliders, cheap Chinese rock lights, ARB lockers all around
    Lol! I wish I was your neighbor and was sitting outside!
    And that video is friggin hilarious!! It really shows how with some things, you just have to scratch you head and have a laugh!

6. Jun 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    A guy I worked with at the dealership replaced brakes on a camry. Didn't pump the brakes before he put it in reverse to leave the bay=no brakes and SMASH into another car.
    No one hurt... Makes for a good story later. I have done some stuff like that before. Happens to the best of us!
    Let me tell you a story of how I got out mowing the lawn today...

7. Jun 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    That's awesome..too bad nobody caught it on tape!

My worst:

Installing my new TC UCA's one Sunday afternoon...everything went well during install. I was so excited to finish I was rushing through it so I could take a test drive. Got the truck back on the ground, tighten the lugs, hop in to drive around the block. Get around the corner and I hear a bunch of "clunking" under the truck. I think to myself "shit whats that". I pull over off the street and look under the truck...Yeah I forgot to connect the driver side sway bar end link. It ripped up my CV boot and grease was EVERYWHERE. Luckily I had a pack of zip ties with me, so i zip tied the end link up and idled back to my house so I could start the next session.

:facepalm:

8. Jun 8, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i know a dumbass that acted out of instincts..he put his foot under the tire. he didnt get hurt at all, but the look on his face as the car went over..classic.

my genius moment is the complete opposite of your move..i was in 4by, back wheels chocked very securely (safety first), front wheels up on metal ramps. i tried to back down the ramps without removing the chocks. the ramps were like torpedos..i could have hurt a very good friend. or my porsche.

9. Jun 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    Haha. I thought air brakes on diesel trucks were clamped by design unless the truck is running so that brake failure isn't as catastrophic if the rig stalls or has brake issues. Perhaps I was told wrong.

10. Jun 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    You are correct. I can only think there was air pressure in the system and the brakes were released when the truck was on it's side.

I will tell my story: I recently rented a U-Haul trailer to move our belongings into storage so we could sell our house and build a new one. I backed the trailer into the spot where I picked it up and the attendant came out to help me unhook it. He starts to yank up on it and it wouldn't budge. Then I start jumping on the rear bumper as he is pulling up.

A second attendant comes over to provide assistance and grabs a dolly with a hook on it and hooks up underneath the hitch of the trailer and tries to use it as a giant pry bar to get the trailer off of the ball while I am jumping on the back bumper. The trailer comes free and I start to slowly move forward while standing on the back bumper. I forgot to put the truck in "Park". The truck was still in "Drive" and when we tried to pull up on the trailer it was forcing it onto the ball.

Luckily, I was able to chase the truck down after it moved about ten feet.

11. Jun 8, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Better than this.

[​IMG]

12. Jun 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Oh dear god man delete that. :facepalm:

13. Jun 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
  14. Jun 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Aww man, and you did it to the Toro!? In all seriousness, I'm glad you and the taco survived the ordeal unscathed!

15. Jun 9, 2010 at 5:09 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    EPIC STORY!
    lol at least you saved it at the end! lol

16. Jun 9, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    Way to spring into action. I'm just happy your loved one wasn't standing next to you. I guess you may have pushed her under the truck. Well at least you know what is important!!!

17. Jul 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    Taco Ron

Taco Ron Male Member

Member:
    Dude, thanks for sharing. I got a good laugh out of it. We all do stupid shit at one time or another.

18. Jul 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    SPORT

SPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    CA bred, currently living in York, PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4 V6
    3" level lift 1.25" Wheel Spacers
    I don't care who you are, dats some funny chit right der.

:)

19. Jul 3, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    That mower with the bad wheel reminds me of the story of the three legged dog who went into the saloon looking for the guy who shot his pa...

Products Discussed in

To Top