1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Car Buying Tips welcome on this Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by speedsun, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Nov 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    speedsun

speedsun [OP] Member

Member:
    Still been shopping for a Tacoma, I've looked at about 15 of them. All the ones used have been high mileage scratched ones. Finally found a low mileage used one. Dealer wants 20,800 for it before ttl. How low of a figure do you think I can get this truck for. It was smoked in but interior seems pretty clean except for one small burn mark where the shifter is to tell you what gear its in. Also one scuff mark on the front fender flare, the part that sits on the front bumper... not the fender.

http://www.kiaautosportpensacola.co...atic_PreRunner_(Natl)-Pensacola-FL/1866487633

2. Nov 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
    I just moved from Pcola. small world.

Anyways, I checked kbb.com and $23K is the number it gave me. I'd try to get the price a couple thousand lower because of the smoke smell and I'd have them replace the burnt piece of plastic. maybe $20k OTD. I'm no expert though.

3. Nov 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    520Toyota

520Toyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    C.V.
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    dcsb 6spd 4x4 offroad
    Ome lift
    Here's my .02 cents from my car buying experience. Average Joe car dealers will rarely drop their prices. Most tacomas are priced above retail. Prices on used tacomas are really hard budge. I would try a Toyota dealer. I have bought a used 2002 4runner sport 4x4 at kbb private party price which was $5000 below what they were asking back in 2005 and it was a Toyota certified. If your credit is good and have some money down, see how much kbb private party is for the particular vehicle your looking at and offer them that. Do a take it or leave it. That's usually what it takes to get the deal you want from the dealer. When you walk, you have the power.

4. Nov 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM
    TruKnight

TruKnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tru
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Autobot Mall Crawler
    read build thread
    even tho it is a taco, id skip any car thats been smoked in, youll never get rid of that smell. for the price youll end up at on a used one tho, you may as well just get a new one.

5. Nov 12, 2012 at 5:14 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I would assume you're taking a loan for that.....

But Wow..... that thing isn't even 4WD.

I bought my truck new (2007) and it's a 4.0L 4WD access cab Automatic for about $29,000 (INVOICE).

Don't waste your money on a used one for that price. Get a new one!!! You gotta at least sit down and figure out what your payments will be for a new one. It might be easier to get a loan for a new one anyway.

6. Nov 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    speedsun

speedsun [OP] Member

Member:
    Yes 72 month loan at 3.39%. They are at 19,900 right now. Might push them a lil more. Im doing only phone negotiating right now. Besides the smoking it is one of the cleanest tacomas ive seen on a used lot. Ive tried new too, it would be another 6-7k for a new one which another 100 a month. I figure they have around 16k in the truck trade in.

Products Discussed in

To Top