1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

carfax says total loss, title is clean

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by gupster88, May 20, 2013.

1. May 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    x2.

2. May 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    I am really surprised how quick and on top of things the dealership has responded. I knew when I first went in there I needed to scare the shitless, even if I had to blow some smoke up their asses. It worked! My sister got offered a deal on a decked out 2012 (but still new, just leftover) Camry with the nav/touch screen, two tone suede and leather seats, back up camera, moonroof, pretty much fully loaded for $19,200 out the door. That is including the ~$4800 she is getting back. Still, for a car that was stickered for $29k, she's getting a great deal.

3. May 23, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    I think its attorney time, seems to be some fraudulent action going on here.

As previously stated, there were other costs associated with the purchase of the vehicle, likewise im sure the dealership is trying to cover its tail with the state as there are regulations with time periods of reporting accidents.

4. May 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    Id jump on that. Not worth the legal hassles for a bit of extra $ imo.

5. May 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I still don't see how the dealership can be blamed for making a mistake. If you read the OPs posts he stated that evidently the title was washed and clear when the vehicle was sold to the dealer, and that a carfax showed that it was clear. That is all that a dealership can and should be expected to do. How is it their mistake?

Again, why get an attorney involved here? How do you consider it fraudulent after reading all of the OPs posts? It is only fraud if the dealership can be proven to KNOWINGLY selling a vehicle that had a title issue. A carfax was ran at purchase time, and it came back clear. LATER a "total vehicle" rider was included in the carfax from an entirely different state! I am sorry if I disagree so much with some people here, but believe it or not there ARE plenty of businesses out there who try and do legitimate business practices. Maybe it is my time working for different dealerships, but I have seen some INCREDIBLY awesome business practices where customers were well taken care of and not "scammed" in sales or service. The dealership has done a GREAT job, the OPs sister has an AWESOME car that apparently is much better than what she had before, and they are happy. Why in the world would they want to get an attorney?

6. May 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    I agree with BamaToy.

Only some fly-by-night crook would knowingly attempt to get away with something that blatant.

And possibly someone in the other state did attempt it or either made a major paperwork error, corrected way too late.

An established business, wanting to stay affiliated with any of the car makers, would never risk something like that. If for no other reason, the chances are near 100% it would surface later on, jeapordizing the entire business.

Products Discussed in

To Top