1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Casner Mountain Trail/Sedona Area June 17-18

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by jandrews, May 14, 2016.

1. May 14, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    jandrews

jandrews [OP] Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Due to limited attendance, feedback on whether to make this a two-day run on Fri/Sat or just a day run Sat 6/18/16 is welcome.

IN:
    Jandrews
    Techoma

POSSIBLE:
    Brian007Taco
    Mike330R

OK guys.

Got a permit for the Casner Mtn trail between the Red Rock Ranger District outside Sedona and the Flagstaff Ranger District for June 13-18. I'm planning on a two-day run-around in Friday the 17th and Sat the 18th, primitive camping overnight somewhere on Forest Service land.

The Casner Mountain Trail is pretty sedate, but offers some of the best views in the area and can only be accessed with permit from the USFS between May and Oct. Here's a trip report:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/1403-casner-mountain-trail/

There's a lot of other stuff in the area. You can find my recent write-up on trails in the Sedona area here:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/az-trail-ratings.420477/page-4#post-12254414

And here is a trip report for another local trail I haven't tried yet but is high on my list, Smiley Rock:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Smiley-Rock-Trail-AZ-Report?p=28337#post28337

Overall, I'm looking for about 4 trucks total including me. I don't like huge groups - they cause problems.

My rig is ready for just about anything other than buggy trails, but we can make this as wild or sedate as people want and I have no problem with relaxing, relatively easy runs around the countryside with stockers.

Post up for interest. Again, space is *limited* and I'm taking basically the first 3 people who commit with a "maybe list" of two more in case someone drops out.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Brian007Taco likes this.
  2. May 14, 2016 at 10:56 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    DAMN! We are RETURNING from our first bucket list trip that weekend. We REALLY want to do Sedona too! Next time!

3. May 17, 2016 at 7:06 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I work Sun through Wed, hence the Friday/Sat timeline.

If anyone wants to just daytrip it on saturday we can arrange to meet you. Let me know. Would prefer to have a small group and camp overnight on a 2day run though.

4. May 19, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Bump. Not much interest eh? Poo.

5. May 19, 2016 at 1:51 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    If you ask. You don't know me very well!
    Mesa, AZ to NM to OK to UT back to Mesa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD OR 4x4 DCSB (aka Clifford the Big Red Truck)
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    I'm down. Where do I get a permit, or is yours good for several vehicles?

6. May 19, 2016 at 3:56 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Mine should cover multiples.

Brian007Taco likes this.
  7. May 19, 2016 at 4:10 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    If you ask. You don't know me very well!
    Mesa, AZ to NM to OK to UT back to Mesa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD OR 4x4 DCSB (aka Clifford the Big Red Truck)
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    Well, if that's the case? I'm down to go.

8. May 25, 2016 at 7:18 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Got the permit today. We're good to go. Also bump.

Brian007Taco likes this.
  9. Jun 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Still a Go, three vehicles so far, room for a couple more. Bump. This is a week from today.

10. Jun 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Since we never left for our Bucket list trip, and shit is still up in the air, I MAY be in for this. I will know late Wednesday what my availability is.

11. Jun 12, 2016 at 3:01 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    That be fine.

12. Jun 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM
    Mike330R

Mike330R Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far West Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    '16 DC Offroad w/ stuff
    If my wife and I (and dog) were to meet you Saturday morning for a day trip with you, where would we meet and what trail would we be on?

13. Jun 15, 2016 at 3:48 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    It appears I'm in!!!!

14. Jun 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Is this still on? If so, time? Meetup location?

15. Jun 16, 2016 at 10:52 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    This is on. Due to limited attendance I would like to make it a day run on Saturday 6/18/16. That said, if someone(s) want to come up Friday morning let me know and we can figure out plans.

We have a number of options for meeting up - I like the idea of the FR 525 pull off immediately off 89N between Cottonwood and Sedona. Everyone ok with that? We also have an option for several gas stations in Cottonwood.

Here is the google maps location for said pull off:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...a2b245037af60!8m2!3d34.8153805!4d-111.9051937

This is a good place to air down for those that choose to do so, meet and greet, etc.

Timewise, I like 10AM or so but am open to suggestions.

At this time, It looks like we'll be day tripping on Saturday. Is everyone ok with that? We would run Casner from bottom to top then come back down and would have time to run several other trails in the area if desired.

16. Jun 16, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    Mike330R

Member:
    Far West Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    '16 DC Offroad w/ stuff
    Pretty sure we are game.
    Anyone bringing their dog? Ours is very well behaved but we have never taken her wheeling.

From what I read this trail is pretty tame?

If it were me I'd prefer earlier than 10. Half the day is gone by then! But 10 works :)

17. Jun 16, 2016 at 12:55 PM
    Mike330R

Member:
    Far West Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    '16 DC Offroad w/ stuff
    I'm going to leave it up to the wife but prob Sedona area, it's a lot closer to us.
    Been wanting to check out the rim though. I dunno!

We don't have camping gear that would fit in a Taco, however we could prob fit the Taco IN our camping gear.

Brian007Taco likes this.
  18. Jun 16, 2016 at 1:33 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Daytrip Saturday is the present plan. Meeting 10am at the FR525 pulloff from my last post.

Products Discussed in

To Top