1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Catalytic Converter Theft...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by t-frax, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Feb 11, 2021 at 7:57 AM
    purpletop4x4

purpletop4x4 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 Black Tacoma TRD SR5
    I was looking for somewhere relevant to put that article. Seemed like folks might be interested.

JAGCanada likes this.
  2. Feb 11, 2021 at 5:18 PM
    huyner

huyner CoCKaSiAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD Prerunner Sport 4x4
    a lotta money spent, lotta scars made
    im on a honda element forum and it seems like once a week those things are being stolen

3. Feb 11, 2021 at 10:10 PM
    Waasheem

Waasheem The catholic radio bear

Member:
    First Name:
    Waasheem
    Vehicle:
    2007 xrunner
    One of the tricks to prevent theft of any kind is to get into a thief’s mind. They want to get it done quickly as possible without being noticed. If your truck is lifted, not my thing so I don’t know. If it has air ride or something similar, drop it down low as possible to make it more difficult to get under. Parking on top of gravel or an oily spot would cause further inconvenience. An alarm that has more than just door pins to set it off, motion sensors or whatever. Mine would sound if jacked up. Then you could get creative, rat traps with razor blades attached to slice fingers off, cut up aluminum cans, screws sticking out. Some is probably illegal but who cares. I don’t remember what it was but I heard of a theft proofing device that would spray them in the face with a smurf blue foam stuff that’s difficult to remove and would dye their skin with permanent ink that lasted for days. It brought to my imagination, it would be great to have a car alarm that would fill the passenger compartment with a foam substance that would instantly harden like cement for an hour, then dissolve itself to powder. A great way to capture a car thief, then plenty of time for the cops to get there and make their arrest. Venting, I hate thieves and getting stolen from.

Products Discussed in

To Top