1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

caveman diet

Discussion in 'Health' started by 808matt, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:21 AM
    808matt

808matt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
  2. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:41 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    08' Tacoma 5-spd Blacked Out
    Aftermarket tires/all black aftermarket wheels/LED interior floor MOD/Cargo bed net/Interior LED Mod/Plasti dip Emblems Mod/Plasti Dip grill Black/Black Headlight Mod/AFE Pro Dry S Filter
    This diet is also known as the Paleolithic diet and coming from an extensive background in Holistic foods/medicine I can tell you it is no joke....although the one you have put up doesnt quite match the best way to do it....you dont need to realize that you should be eating healthier foods by eating garbage for the first two weeks....you know what is healthy and what isnt and what foods are junk (i.e. fast foods, fats, unnatural sugars/high fructose corn syrup etc.) But what you may not realize are the specific details of certain foods like potatoes and beans....these foods are toxic in their raw state and when you cook them it only removes some of the toxins....so by default you are ingesting toxins everytime you eat beans/potatoes (**Peanuts are actually also a bean and not a nut like most people think**) It is a great plan to follow if you have the dedication....this link is better suited with the proper nutrition and guidelines in my opinion....http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html

3. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:49 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    I have this 46yr old wrestler in my jiu jitsu class who started the paleo diet about 3 months ago and that dude lost weight while getting ripped. The food is really good but its hard for me to follow:eek:

4. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:52 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    Aftermarket tires/all black aftermarket wheels/LED interior floor MOD/Cargo bed net/Interior LED Mod/Plasti dip Emblems Mod/Plasti Dip grill Black/Black Headlight Mod/AFE Pro Dry S Filter
    Also I am a strongman competitor/MMA trainee and it doesnt hurt to supplement this diet with multivitamins/amino acids etc....and one of the main points that I completely disagree with in the article you posted was only eating once a day meals...that is crazy esp for weight training/being fit....when you dont eat for more than two or three hours your body goes into a catabolic state(using your own tissues as energy source) this shuts down your metabolism......eating 4-6 smaller meals throughout the day keeps your body in an Anabolic state and thus keeps your metabolism ripping throughout the day and even at night while you sleep...thats why i cant see eating once a day being beneficial at all....the most it would do is shock your body for the first week then the results would be malnourishment/deficient in vitamins, proteins, carbs, etc....I follow this diet by staying away from high glucose spike carbs/sugars and eating lean meats/fish good carbs and fruits and veggies and am 215 with 8% bodyfat this diet gives you incredible energy and liveliness i suggest you try it for at least a month!!!

5. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    It is the best!!! Eat like a caveman, train like a gorilla!!!!

6. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:55 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    And it is probably the hardest thing to do is eat good....if it were easy everyone would be doing it!!!

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights!!!"-Big Ronnie Coleman

7. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    This is known as a starvation diet. Not only is it very unhealthy for you, you will gain the weight back and most likely more after you quit this diet. The most common way to get your metabolism started is to eat every 3-4 hours. Eat until you're not hungry, not until you're full. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day, and flavored drinks only at meals.

Every DayEat nothing... absolutely nothing. You will find this surpisingly easy after going through Stage One. Your body will be detoxing all day, which is great, so drink lots of water to help the process along.
    Doing that for 2-8 weeks is very bad for you, and i guarantee you no doctor would ever tell you to do it.

8. Jun 7, 2011 at 2:24 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    His version may be somewhat of a starvation diet....But mine is far from it I take it over 4000 calories a day spread over 6 meals every 2 hours.....and if you eat shit like cheeseburgers every 3 hours you will look like a cheeseburger....70% of what you look like is your diet....lean meats/low glycemic index carbs/fruits and veggies all you want and you will be proficient in every nutrient available...Have you only read what he posted? This diet is superb if followed correctly...His on the otherhand is more of a "starvation" diet which i specifically disagreed with the part of only eating once a day

9. Jun 7, 2011 at 2:32 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    And its not a diet its a lifestyle...this isnt a quick fix for losing weight it should be a guideline on how to eat properly instead of consuming all the processed manmade garbage that is available with the first ingredient being "High fructose corn syrup" ...its synthetic and our bodies dont even know how to process it....and doctors are the problem most of the time...they will give you all kinds of pills for blood pressure/cholesterol when you can reverse that all on your own by getting off your ass and eating right....not many people know that there are is good and bad cholesterol....eating more of the good will deplete the bad....but doctors wont tell you that because they want you to keep paying them for the prescription drugs....raking in cash while the next pill they give you jacks up your leg, then the pill they give you for your leg jacks up your arm now your walking around with a jacked up arm and leg when it could have been avoided all along...not to mention now that you have been paying your premium all along the insurance company doesnt want to pay your claim...haha the general public are a bunch of sheep herded by the 1%'s....stop watching the media and form sensible thoughts for yourself...it might surprise you

10. Jun 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    Not to mention people have been following this diet for thousands of years....look at the obesity rate now that processed food has entered the picture....steady incline over the past century....America being the FATTEST country on the map BTW....get along lil sheep get along

Products Discussed in

To Top